Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 05:52 PM

9,567 posts, read 5,668,540 times

Advertisements

DeSantis deems a College "Woke" and gets rid of the them. Where have we seen this before (1930s Germany?)

Old 01-07-2023, 05:53 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,354,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I'm sorry to say but it's more like DeSantis is telling you that the educators are a fire. Straight out of the Government lips.

Do people not believe that the Government lies?

Sometimes I read a thread like this and see that there is no hope for America.
The school is failing so he’s stepping in to try to make it better. Great to see the effort.

Good thing you don’t live here and have no plans to do so. The country has been great for me and always enjoy DeSantisLand.

Old 01-07-2023, 05:54 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
DeSantis addressing the largest issues in his state, boy does he look presidential.

Old 01-07-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
DeSantis addressing the largest issues in his state, boy does he look presidential.
Would love to see him as POTUS, but would hate to lose him here in Florida.

Old 01-07-2023, 05:59 PM

3,511 posts, read 2,808,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Let me ask you a serious question.
If traditional laws are gutted by extremists on the left, which they could accurately be called activists, and then moderates or conservatives restore in part or full what the activists did, do you think that is activism from the right?
The problem is is that it's DeSantis saying the extremists are on the left, yet he's the biggest extremist there is. He has no concept of free speech, he's likely a puppet of the Deep State/Globalists, and he's aiming to take the White House where he and his fellow Globalist will ruin America. And he'll be able to do it because people are too stupid to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Also if you care to comment, the left use to defend freedom of speech and expression as much, if not more so, than the right.
Now however, unless it is an old school liberal, most of the attempts to restrict free speech is on the left.
Any comment as to why?
I agree that traditionally the left has been anti free speech, but now the Right has been corrupted from the inside, and now not only have become anti free speech they have been doing things like banning books left and right. Clearly the Fascist and Globalists have jumped from the Liberals to the Conservatives. They want to restrict what you say, what you can read, and what you can do.

It's amazing that we're in the process of going from Trump to DeSantis. It's like trading in the palace for the sewer.

Old 01-07-2023, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The school is failing so he’s stepping in to try to make it better. Great to see the effort.

Good thing you don’t live here and have no plans to do so. The country has been great for me and always enjoy DeSantisLand.
With his dirty paws touching it the school it will deffintly be failing.

As for living in Florida I'm glad I'm not there. I can see how it becomes a cease pool from a safe distance.

Old 01-07-2023, 06:02 PM

19,937 posts, read 12,227,726 times
Quote:
The problem is is that it's DeSantis saying the extremists are on the left, yet he's the biggest extremist there is. He has no concept of free speech, he's likely a puppet of the Deep State/Globalists, and he's aiming to take the White House where he and his fellow Globalist will ruin America. And he'll be able to do it because people are too stupid to see.

I agree that traditionally the left has been anti free speech, but now the Right has been corrupted from the inside, and now not only have become anti free speech they have been doing things like banning books left and right. Clearly the Fascist and Globalists have jumped from the Liberals to the Conservatives. They want to restrict what you say, what you can read, and what you can do.

It's amazing that we're in the process of going from Trump to DeSantis. It's like trading in the palace for the sewer.

How is Ronny affecting you in Canada?

Old 01-07-2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
DeSantis deems a College "Woke" and gets rid of the them. Where have we seen this before (1930s Germany?)
Bingo

Old 01-07-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:

As for living in Florida I'm glad I'm not there. I can see how it becomes a cease pool from a safe distance.
Please be specific why it’s definitely going to fail, other than muh DeSantis?

Nah, it’s wonderful here and so much better with folks with such ridiculous conspiracy theories being a safe distance away.

Old 01-07-2023, 06:04 PM

19,937 posts, read 12,227,726 times
Quote:

As for living in Florida I'm glad I'm not there. I can see how it becomes a cease pool from a safe distance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies