Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 06:33 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,413,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'll bet he was.

Quebec minister ‘surprised’ asylum seekers given free bus tickets from New York City

build a rail line and ship every last one of em to justinland.
Did you google "what would Hitler do?" To come up with something that logical and profound?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 07:22 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,248,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And yet no young Spanish workers are beating a path to our doors. In fact, few Europeans want to immigrate to the US. Not even from countries like Greece that are struggling. You can’t make them want to come here if they prefer life in their home countries.
For most of the population (the middle class) the quality of life is seen as lower in the US, which is why they are not moving. Why would you lower your quality of life? They don't deal with our levels of gun violence, expensive subpar health care, unhealthy fake food with chemicals banned in the rest of the world, lack of community sense, and modern day Republicans. That sounds like BS but I've visited Europe and oversee & work with foreigners considered 'highly compensated', and they all talk about these things. I work with a few Europeans, and live around a few but there are not many. There is still incentive here for the upper-middle classes to move here from Europe (or Australia) but not the middle class.

Indians and Chinese are taking over these high paid, technical jobs but they have power in numbers. About 35% of the entire world is Indian or Chinese.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:34 AM

29,611 posts, read 14,748,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Did you google "what would Hitler do?" To come up with something that logical and profound?
This makes absolutely no sense. These individuals don't like where they are at, and feel Montreal will be a better fit for them, not to mention Trudeau would love to have them, so why not help them get there ? How is this a bad thing ?

Old 02-10-2023, 09:41 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. These individuals don't like where they are at, and feel Montreal will be a better fit for them, not to mention Trudeau would love to have them, so why not help them get there ? How is this a bad thing ?
For them the Quebec provincial government will be far more important and Trudeau's apparent cuddliness and generosity won't matter one whit.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:47 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,413,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Because he is talking about them like they can just be shipped anywhere he wants them to on a whim. We can just put those troublesome Jews, illegals whatever on a train. Let's offer them a train is a bit different than let's put them on one. I don't like illegals coming here myself but sometimes the conversations get to the point where they are treated as less than humans. They aren't objects you can just move with out consent, unless you process them and remove them under law. I wish they would do that right at the border.

Old 02-10-2023, 05:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'll bet he was.

Quebec minister ‘surprised’ asylum seekers given free bus tickets from New York City

build a rail line and ship every last one of em to justinland.
Perfect idea. Send all the poor entitled illegals to Canada. At least they’re going instead of threatening to leave

Old 02-10-2023, 09:44 PM

1,052 posts, read 454,976 times
Well I, for one, remember Canada grumbling about Trump and bragging about being a humanitarian superpower. So have at it, Canada, you love "refugees" don't you?

Old 02-10-2023, 09:57 PM

19,442 posts, read 15,295,365 times
This whole situation is quickly dissolving into a situation comedy. Only less funny.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:30 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Well I, for one, remember Canada grumbling about Trump and bragging about being a humanitarian superpower. So have at it, Canada, you love "refugees" don't you?
Perfect.And same to big-hearted Sanctuary City mayors and Sanctuary State governors. It's more like a game of "pass the bacon" now.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:52 AM

19,863 posts, read 12,151,865 times
Quote:
Quote:
Because he is talking about them like they can just be shipped anywhere he wants them to on a whim. We can just put those troublesome Jews, illegals whatever on a train. Let's offer them a train is a bit different than let's put them on one. I don't like illegals coming here myself but sometimes the conversations get to the point where they are treated as less than humans. They aren't objects you can just move with out consent, unless you process them and remove them under law. I wish they would do that right at the border.
Please do not equate economic migrants to the holocaust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies