Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 02:08 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Wow.
I've had illegals try to surrender to me while hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 02:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
They (or anyone) can just cross the border like that without issues? I'd be surprised if the reality is that easy.
No they are arrested and assessed. The link I posted up there.....shows the stats of the cases pending, the cases refused, the cases approved.

I suspect they are better at applying resources to this issue.

Different policy.

Old 02-06-2023, 03:59 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Will Trudeau roll out the red carpet and welcome them in like Biden has or will he make them wait in the US as their asylum claims are heard?
Do hey have a "well-founded fear of persecution" in the U.S.? Inquiring minds may wonder.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:01 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
There will come a day when rich countries like the USA and Canada will fight for these immigrants. No one is having children here and the ones that are born..half of them are whacked in the head and won’t be worth anything ever. We need every one of these young people coming in here.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:08 PM

574 posts, read 267,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No they are arrested and assessed. The link I posted up there.....shows the stats of the cases pending, the cases refused, the cases approved.

I suspect they are better at applying resources to this issue.

Different policy.
They're arrested. And if they plead asylum, they're released with a court date that we count on them going to.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:15 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,395,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There will come a day when rich countries like the USA and Canada will fight for these immigrants. No one is having children here and the ones that are born..half of them are whacked in the head and won’t be worth anything ever. We need every one of these young people coming in here.
A better source would be India. They usually speak English and more importantly are willing to do so. They also have skills. The illegals in question probably can't read their own language. If you gave them nails, a hammer, a screw gun and screws, and asked them to put a screw in. They would take a screw and a hammer. I saw that in Laos. Lol

In third world countries skilled labor is scarce and hard to find. Not a single illegal in this bunch could build a shed to code. I built a small hotel in Laos and things are much the same there. Unless I watched everything done it would be an abortion of a tear down. No construction foreman of any kind would want them as laborers.

I realized the third world is that way for a reason. It doesn't help they think they that their new found hosts are complete fools. They would be eaten with sticks and promptly thrown out of a hotel where they are from. I am not big on English only but these people come here and don't even know the word water when they are dying in the desert. I learn more on a 3 hour flight when I go to new countries. Even in the third world if you have a trade or skill you won't live too badly. These are the throw aways.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:18 PM

9,401 posts, read 11,150,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's too bad there isn't a huge new frontier, like was available in the 1700-1800's, where people willing to risk all could get on a boat, or come on foot, and make their way in the world by the use of their hands and their brains and their bravery.

These people were born too late.
There is. Venezuela.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:25 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,940 times
Venezuelans in Montreal during winter. They'll be in for a shock.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:26 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
It's too bad there isn't a huge new frontier, like was available in the 1700-1800's, where people willing to risk all could get on a boat, or come on foot, and make their way in the world by the use of their hands and their brains and their bravery.

Too bad, but their ancestors also settled the land they come from. Maybe they should just stay and demand better from their governments.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:28 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:

There is. It's called South America. It's actually an entire continent. And there are even uncontacted tribes there. Perhaps you should tell your amigos to head south for that adventure life they are surely yearning for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies