Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 07:51 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden and the 'Impossible' Task of Refilling America's Oil Reserves
Six months into admin's 'replenishment strategy,' Biden has purchased zero reserve barrels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 08:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Is it still February? Odd, I would have sworn it was May...

Old 05-22-2023, 08:15 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Is it still February? Odd, I would have sworn it was May...
HEre is the most recent gov. info, only showing through Feb, but they should have march out by now.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MCSSTUS1&f=M

Currently at 371 with the bulk of the draw down over the latter part of 2022.

Haven't been at that level since about 30 years ago.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:15 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,337,164 times
This is clearly not a priority for the Biden Administration. Democrats hate fossil fuels that much that they’d prefer for our country to not have this reserve available in the event that a true emergency happens.

I can only imagine some crisis happening and Democrats like “adult in the room” Jennifer Granholm cackling and telling us all to just buy electric cars and solar energy systems.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
HEre is the most recent gov. info, only showing through Feb, but they should have march out by now.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MCSSTUS1&f=M

Currently at 371 with the bulk of the draw down over the latter part of 2022.

Haven't been at that level since about 30 years ago.

My comment was made in reference to the fact the sale actually happened back at the end of Feb, right?

Slow news day, evidently.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:22 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
As opposed to allowing drilling and extraction from the ground. Makes sense.

Kind of reminds me of a village of retarded and hungry people who have vast fields of wheat ready for harvest, a silo with a half bushel of wheat scattered on the floor, and the mayor telling the villagers to sweep up the wheat and mouse droppings off the silo floor to make bread.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
My comment was made in reference to the fact the sale actually happened back at the end of Feb, right?

My point is to show the history, directly from the gov. thus we can have a discussion about the topic all being on the same page as to the past history of the reserve.

This saves us from having to go through various distracting points and made up arguments regardless of partisan leanings.

So, to me the question is that this is a pretty new tactic...is it good or bad or a bit of both and if so what are the pros\cons.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My point is to show the history, directly from the gov. thus we can have a discussion about the topic all being on the same page as to the past history of the reserve.

This saves us from having to go through various distracting points and made up arguments regardless of partisan leanings.

So, to me the question is that this is a pretty new tactic...is it good or bad or a bit of both and if so what are the pros\cons.

I agree with you on the above. Just seems it was a more relevant discussion back in Feb vs. today. <shrug>

Why do we suppose Congress is pursuing this new tactic?

Old 05-22-2023, 08:57 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
Quote:

And this thread started back in February. It just got updated posts to it today.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I agree with you on the above. Just seems it was a more relevant discussion back in Feb vs. today. <shrug>

Why do we suppose Congress is pursuing this new tactic?
Based on currently available information, the reserves are still well below capacity.

So, why is it less relevant today if the status remains unchanged?

To draw that conclusion then the argument would essentially have to be that it doesn't matter that the reserves are down, which goes against decades of US policy...but I'm open to hear differently...sometimes policies cease to make sense as times change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies