Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 02:11 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,626,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Chicago demographics are changing Big Time.

Black Flight is a real phenomenon in Chicago. Blacks are fleeing the city due to all the crime and violence plaguing their city. Hard to raise a family when there are gun battles going on outside. Chicago has the second largest Mexican population for a city outside of LA.
Blacks have been fleeing the city for years ... that's nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2023, 02:12 PM

1,692 posts, read 610,757 times
It’s obvious that woke policies ruin cities with increased crime and homelessness. Anyone who denies that denies their own existence. Thankfully for some of these cities, it seems the people have realized this and are starting to vote some of the woke out. Woke policies are exactly the opposite of the policies that create safe and clean cities with opportunities for a better life for all residents.

Old 02-21-2023, 02:13 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
I have thought for years that Hispanic was the prevailing demographic in Houston.

Old 02-21-2023, 03:48 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have thought for years that Hispanic was the prevailing demographic in Houston.
You would think but for some strange reason I suspect a lot of them are ineligible to vote in US elections.

For now, at least.

Old 02-21-2023, 04:14 PM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
to be fair, NYC had mountains of trash under DiBlasio
....and that is besides the trash that was De blasio.

Old 02-21-2023, 05:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Glad that Gilbert, Arizona does have a racist litmus test when it comes to electing a mayor.

[/url]
Whoops, I meant I am glad Gilbert does "not" have a racist litmus test.

Only the best politicians in Gilbert regardless of race or gender compared to the requirement of the liberals in Chicago and Los Angeles who will only vote based on race and gender.

Gilbert, Arizona has one litmus test and that is "only the best" litmus test in regards to the mayor regardless of race, religion or gender.

Amazing how Mayor Bridgette Peterson's policies are so successful compared to Lori Lightfoot and Karen Bass who were elected because of the racist litmus test that those cities have.

Compare the successful mayor Brigette Peterson in Gilbert compared to failures like Karen Bass in Los Angeles and Mayor Lightfoot in Chicago.

Mayor Bridgette Peterson's Gilbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFuiFd-aZ48

Liberal Mayor Karen Bass and her Central Los Angeles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCGo9evZu-8

Old 02-21-2023, 06:04 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well.

The Chicago mayoral election is next week and last I checked, the lone white dude was polling slightly ahead and Lightfoot might not even make the runoff.
Well, this shows how stupid Chicago was to even have elected Lightfoot in the first place. At least it is looking like they have learned a lesson.

Old 02-21-2023, 07:30 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,182,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Well, this shows how stupid Chicago was to even have elected Lightfoot in the first place. At least it is looking like they have learned a lesson.
The lesson is not to elect a black person? Is that what you are saying? Are you aware of the qualifications of the 'white dude' who pulled ahead of her or are you making assumptions?

Old 02-21-2023, 08:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The lesson is not to elect a black person? Is that what you are saying? Are you aware of the qualifications of the 'white dude' who pulled ahead of her or are you making assumptions?
I love when they elect mayors like Lori Lightfoot because it's wonderful to see their litmus test and agendas fail in their cities.

"Freedom of Choice" Eric Adams, Lori Lightfoot, Karen Bass are such wonderful mayors.

It's up to them, they have their litmus test and so many failures going on in those cities.

Interesting, how many leftists make up things out of thin air.

I am happy for the residents of Chicago enjoying Democrat Lori Lightfoot's South and West side of Chicago.

Gilbert is so jealous Lori Lightfoot's Chicago, Karen Bass and her Skid Row and Eric Adams Bronx, New York!

Old 02-21-2023, 08:17 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well.

The Chicago mayoral election is next week and last I checked, the lone white dude was polling slightly ahead and Lightfoot might not even make the runoff.
Good Lord. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could vote for such an incompetent boob as Lightweight. But obviously there were plenty of people in Chi-town who were not/are not in their right minds. Probably a permanent condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies