Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 01:32 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

Colorado is already on their 3rd mass shooting since the beginning of the year.

Seems like El Paso County, Colorado averages a mass shooting a month on average. They had a mass shooting in late November in that same county, then on February 5th another mass shooting and then another mass shooting tonight.

Denver had a mass shooting on January 8th in the middle of it's downtown.

Another Colorado Springs mass shooting a short-drive from a nightclub shooting just a few months ago.

Last Mass Shooting in Democrat Jared Polis Colorado was in a suburban area adjacent to Colorado Springs on February 5th

https://kdvr.com/news/local/multiple...ing-in-falcon/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEbAWJhdCU

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...f-ea16d3ede3f2

Last edited by lovecrowds; 02-22-2023 at 01:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 01:39 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
I have to honestly wonder how many of these are false flags. It’s happening far too often now as we gear up for another election cycle. The Dems are always about gun control as we know, and the economy isn’t going to help them win anything anytime soon.

Old 02-22-2023, 03:21 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Nice try, but no cigar. OP is obviously banking on the fact that most folks who don't live in Colorado have no idea that Colorado Springs/El Paso County is THE conservative stronghold for Colorado. Many big conservative religious outfits like Focus on the Family have their headquarters there. In addition, the city is home to a number of military installations like Fort Carson (US Army), the United States Air Force Academy, Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station, Peterson Space Force Base, and Schriever Space Force Base. The last time I checked, members of the military almost always lean to the right of the political spectrum just like my Dad did (Office of the Inspector General, Fort Carson, United States Army).

Would you care to explain to us why the strong presence of the United States Military combined with the presence of Christian organizations like Cook Communications Ministries, Navigators, Bibles for the World, Throne of Grace Ministries, Universal Ministries for the Truth, Focus on the Family, National Day of Prayer Task Force, and many, many others in the Republican John Suthers (Mayor of Colorado Springs) led Colorado Springs has been so very conducive to a huge increase in mass shootings? SERIOUSLY.

I would really like to get your wisdom on this subject, especially since Colorado Springs is my hometown. Is it because of the Republican love affair with guns? Are the good conservative people of Colorado Springs just out there having a little fun with live target practice? Has Republican Mayor John Suthers implemented policies that make it easy for Colorado Springs residents to go on shooting sprees with few if any repercussions? Has the United States military gone trigger happy now that we are not involved in wars in the Middle East? (Gotta keep the troops on their toes one way or another) Or is it that conservative Christians just need to blow off some steam by killing their fellows?

And why are you telling such outrageous lies about my hometown? You have to have known that I would see your post. Did you think that I wouldn't call you out on the veracity of your words? Well? What do you have to say for yourself?

For everyone else, Colorado Springs is a beautiful city that leans strongly to the conservative viewpoint. Housing costs there are high, but housing is expensive everywhere in Colorado. There are many beautiful and interesting places for a tourist (or anyone) to check out like the Garden of the Gods, historic Manitou Springs with genuine healing springs, the summit of Pikes Peak - stunning views and amazing drive to the top, etc., etc. I have walked most areas of the city on my own - sometimes late at night - and have never once encountered anyone who wanted to do me harm. And if you don't believe me, go ask anyone in the Colorado forum and they will tell you the same things.

Old 02-22-2023, 04:03 AM

6,127 posts, read 3,351,401 times
It’s getting harder and harder to avoid the violence. You have to stay vigilant at all times, head on a swivel and be ready for anything.

I used to get gas a lot at a station right off I-10 near Phoenix. The whole vibe of the place was just ominous. Homeless people yelling at non existent people, criminal looking people walking around.

Every time I went there, I used to think to myself, “Is this the time that it all jumps off?”

You’ve got to have a plan, and even that might not be enough. I feel sorry for the elderly who can’t protect themselves and have nobody to help out if they get caught in a bad situation.

We’ve ruined our country and it’s slowly circling the drain.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:14 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I have to honestly wonder how many of these are false flags. It’s happening far too often now as we gear up for another election cycle. The Dems are always about gun control as we know, and the economy isn’t going to help them win anything anytime soon.
I don't see anything that really looks like a false flag, but I haven't really been looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It’s getting harder and harder to avoid the violence. You have to stay vigilant at all times, head on a swivel and be ready for anything.

I used to get gas a lot at a station right off I-10 near Phoenix. The whole vibe of the place was just ominous. Homeless people yelling at non existent people, criminal looking people walking around.

Any time you are near a major transportation corridor, (I-10, I-19, I-20, I-25, I-35, US-87, I-27) you are going to have a lot of chaos, complements of the drug trade coming from the Open Southern Border. It even extends up the I-40 and I-44 corridors, thru the Ozarks, St Louis and Nashville, on its way to Chicago and the NE US.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:29 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Nice try, but no cigar. OP is obviously banking on the fact that most folks who don't live in Colorado have no idea that Colorado Springs/El Paso County is THE conservative stronghold for Colorado. Many big conservative religious outfits like Focus on the Family have their headquarters there. In addition, the city is home to a number of military installations like Fort Carson (US Army), the United States Air Force Academy, Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station, Peterson Space Force Base, and Schriever Space Force Base. The last time I checked, members of the military almost always lean to the right of the political spectrum just like my Dad did (Office of the Inspector General, Fort Carson, United States Army).

Would you care to explain to us why the strong presence of the United States Military combined with the presence of Christian organizations like Cook Communications Ministries, Navigators, Bibles for the World, Throne of Grace Ministries, Universal Ministries for the Truth, Focus on the Family, National Day of Prayer Task Force, and many, many others in the Republican John Suthers (Mayor of Colorado Springs) led Colorado Springs has been so very conducive to a huge increase in mass shootings? SERIOUSLY.

I would really like to get your wisdom on this subject, especially since Colorado Springs is my hometown. Is it because of the Republican love affair with guns? Are the good conservative people of Colorado Springs just out there having a little fun with live target practice? Has Republican Mayor John Suthers implemented policies that make it easy for Colorado Springs residents to go on shooting sprees with few if any repercussions? Has the United States military gone trigger happy now that we are not involved in wars in the Middle East? (Gotta keep the troops on their toes one way or another) Or is it that conservative Christians just need to blow off some steam by killing their fellows?

And why are you telling such outrageous lies about my hometown? You have to have known that I would see your post. Did you think that I wouldn't call you out on the veracity of your words? Well? What do you have to say for yourself?

For everyone else, Colorado Springs is a beautiful city that leans strongly to the conservative viewpoint. Housing costs there are high, but housing is expensive everywhere in Colorado. There are many beautiful and interesting places for a tourist (or anyone) to check out like the Garden of the Gods, historic Manitou Springs with genuine healing springs, the summit of Pikes Peak - stunning views and amazing drive to the top, etc., etc. I have walked most areas of the city on my own - sometimes late at night - and have never once encountered anyone who wanted to do me harm. And if you don't believe me, go ask anyone in the Colorado forum and they will tell you the same things.
I lived there for 10 years and it's got plenty of shady areas. Just the fact there is no mention of race kinda sets the tone.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:35 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
Quote:
Incorrect, the trend is an increase in the number of mass shootings since the start of the year compared with the same time period last year. Facts.....

Old 02-22-2023, 11:14 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I lived there for 10 years and it's got plenty of shady areas. Just the fact there is no mention of race kinda sets the tone.
Every city is going to have some shady areas. If you want to blame this fact on a city's political leanings, then I guess conservatives are to blame for any gun violence in the Springs. And what do you mean by "no mention of race"? Are you suggesting that OP has gone woke on us all?

Old 02-22-2023, 11:26 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
These really aren't happening in any significantly greater numbers than they have in the past. The difference is the narrative behind the shootings.

Due to the time and location, early morning hours at a gas station, it was very likely gang or drug-related. The difference is that in the past it would have been highlighted that it was likely gangs or drugs, but today that is minimized or totally ignored and they stress the "mass shooting".

Then once it is a "mass shooting", you get all of the Progressive Gun Control Freeks who post how many "mass shootings" there have been in the US. Totally ignoring the criminal element(s) that are doing the shooting.

Old 02-22-2023, 11:41 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Colorado Democrats have passed so many gun control, er, I mean “gun safety” laws over the past few years, including limits on magazine capacity and red flag laws. It’s kind of hilarious to listen to people like Steve Fenberg talk about guns, as it’s fairly obvious he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and probably hasn’t ever seen or used a gun in real life. Every time they pass something new, they pat themselves on the back for “doing something” yet these things still happen. They never seem to understand that criminals aren’t going to follow their laws and “safety measures” — but then again, maybe it’s by design, since Democrats here are generally pro-criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies