Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 12:38 PM

45,650 posts, read 27,282,625 times

Advertisements

JPMorgan Chase Debanks Dr. Mercola’s Healthcare Business

JPMorgan Chase Bank terminated the accounts of Dr. Joseph Mercola’s healthcare company and its employees with no valid explanation, fueling suspicions of political persecution. The doctor gained a significant following during the Covid pandemic for challenging the official policies and narratives and for selling supplements for the treatment and prevention of Covid. He also ranked No. 1 on the “Disinformation Dozen” list of the Biden administration.

Dr. Syed Haider, who treated Covid patients with “unapproved” protocols during the pandemic, said his own bank accounts and PayPal accounts were mysteriously canceled, too. “This is the passive-aggressive, dystopian, woke, social-credit hellscape that is our dying country,” he opined.

“Do most Americans really want to live in a society where you can be denied basic services on the basis of your public comments?” tweeted author and journalist Matt Taibbi.

Yes - I think there is a sizable portion of people who are OK with this.

More details here on Mercola.

Retail health company has Chase accounts suddenly terminated, owner critical of COVID vaccines, FDA

Interesting that the loans would remain with Chase... so they can continue to rake in the interest payments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2023, 12:41 PM

6,171 posts, read 3,388,775 times
Do most Americans really want to live with this way?

If it means Trump doesn’t win in 2024, 50% of the country will do whatever it takes, and when I say whatever, I mean absolutely anything and everything.

Old 07-26-2023, 02:05 PM

Yep - we saw it with many wishing death on the unvaxxed.

We have lost respect for humanity.

This is "only" about cutting off access to banks. It's not that bad - right?

Old 07-26-2023, 02:08 PM

9,897 posts, read 7,249,396 times
Bank decides to not do business with someone because of questionable transactions.

That someone can go elsewhere - there are thousands of banks to choose from that might look the other way.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:09 PM

11,626 posts, read 6,094,136 times
I am not buying the "political persecution" angle yet. If that is the case, why wait until Covid has run its course and past behavior is a non-issue. If this was political, they would have done it at the height of covid, to scare bank clients into modifying their behavior.

IMHO, this is just the banks preparing for the collapse of the commercial real estate sector. There will be many billions in losses for banks. Not Chase, but others that Chase does business with.

Meanwhile, credt is very rapidly contracting as banks close all manner of credit accounts right now. A lot of people are having accounts closed today, in preparation for the upcoming banking crisis.

I don't see this as Covid related at all.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:15 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,517,975 times
There needs to be some customer protections in place that force the bank to disclose their rationale and allow for appeal. Otherwise, they need to pay a fine.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Do most Americans really want to live with this way?

If it means Trump doesn’t win in 2024, 50% of the country will do whatever it takes, and when I say whatever, I mean absolutely anything and everything.
What would Trump do about bank affairs? Force them to serve anyone and everyone?

The allegations in the OP simply do not make any sense. Why believe every theory people post in the internet?

Quote:
50% of the country will do whatever it takes, and when I say whatever, I mean absolutely anything and everything
That would include murder, which is what makes some political fanatics so dangerous.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I am not buying the "political persecution" angle yet. If that is the case, why wait until Covid has run its course and past behavior is a non-issue. If this was political, they would have done it at the height of covid, to scare bank clients into modifying their behavior.

IMHO, this is just the banks preparing for the collapse of the commercial real estate sector. There will be many billions in losses for banks. Not Chase, but others that Chase does business with.

Meanwhile, credt is very rapidly contracting as banks close all manner of credit accounts right now. A lot of people are having accounts closed today, in preparation for the upcoming banking crisis.

I don't see this as Covid related at all.
Actually I think they are running trial balloons with these cases today for more widespread use down the road.

But COVID is the link with the cases mentioned in the OP - which is why I highlighted it.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:43 PM

5,998 posts, read 2,251,760 times
Is this belief solely based on this statement in the article
Quote:
One of the employees believes the account shutdowns were politically motivated and due to their employer’s controversial stance on COVID-19.

We would not know this company’s transaction history so I am just asking what info is this claim based on?

Old 07-26-2023, 03:45 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,803,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Bank decides to not do business with someone because of questionable transactions.

That someone can go elsewhere - there are thousands of banks to choose from that might look the other way.
It's not the transactions that were questionable obviously it was their attitude toward the vax. Unless the state or federal government gets involved there is no reason for the bank to shut off an account.

“I believe they cancelled all of the accounts because of Dr. Mercola’s (our employer) opinions,” Rye told Florida’s Voice. “He has carried a contradictory view throughout the COVID narrative and co-authored the best selling book The Truth About COVID-19 which exposed the likelihood that this virus was engineered in a laboratory funded by the NIH.”

Notice this extra tidbit

Rye said he was told his children would not be able to carry accounts with Chase Bank in the future.

“It’s just hard to believe that your family, your wife, your kids can’t have a bank account because of the opinions of your employer and they’ve never done anything wrong,” Rye said. “We all have completely clear records.”

Now if that doesn't smack of political retributions, then what would?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies