Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 09:15 AM

10,822 posts, read 4,375,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
He won't win.

Bookmark the thread, and we'll revisit this next November. The media will control this election 100%, and they will never let a GOP candidate or any GOP voter escape Trump, Jan 6 and the notion that you not only cannot you vote for or support Trump, but you have to shriek louder than everyone else about how much you hate him, or we'll destroy your life because you secretly love him.

They don't have Twitter anymore, but they still have everything else.

I doubt he even makes it to the nomination, but if he does, the media will ensure that anyone caught supporting him must be purified by flame. If you thought the media was bad already, it was the tiniest hint of a preview of what's to come. Cancel Culture is going to win 2024 for the Democrats for sure.
The media is old news, nobody takes it seriously.
Anyway, even CNN is saying Biden isn't a solid candidate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86M02NANiMs&t=268s
Democrats are screwed in 2024.
Biden is their best candidate, and he's not solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 09:48 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,755,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I have no idea what's going to happen between now and Nov 2024.

And at this point in time, there is a definite possibility that Trump can and will be elected.

But the amount of people, just here on this little sliver of the interwebs think that that isn't even possible, points to half the countries heads exploding next year.

If Trump is elected, whatever happens isn't going to be good. But it will be fun to watch.
You're missing their point....they're already setting up their "the election was rigged" defense to explain why he lost if he loses. Just like he did before the 2016 election and again before the 2020 election. Because he knows any cheeseheads who still support this ****** will believe any nonsense he throws their way.

His supporters are the only things keeping him from locking up the title of "Most Amoral Person In America". Because you know...."moral" majority doesn't mean anything more to this new breed of GOP buffoons than "family values" or "Republican values". Their only credo now is "Own the libs" and "Trump id my god"

Old 08-22-2023, 10:00 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
The left picks up where they left off. Civil unrest, "peaceful protests" that aren't really riots and looting, more lawsuits and frivolous impeachments. I honestly hope he wins just to see him take down some of these corrupt snakes on the left who have divided us and targeted the working class, and pushed the trans-agenda on kids, BLM, ANTIFA, etc. Of course we can also look forward to the end of Ukraine war, defusing any attempt from China to invade Taiwan, lower gas prices, lower inflation, a wall that will be built while hopefully deporting the millions of illegals who poured over the border under Biden. Convicting Hunter would be the cherry on top.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:43 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeet View Post
IF Trump wins and BLM shows up, DT would grant state police full immunity to enforce state laws.

The Feds would make WAR with liberal 'Blue States' cutting off funding. A greater divide would initially open between LEFTOIDS and REPUBS.

Trump would need the full support of Congress to be able to CLEAN HOUSE of the SWAMP (but that would be a LT plan if at all possible).

THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT is so corrupt, i think it would take a CIVIL WAR to rid ourselves of the Corrupt Mafia that Runs DC~~!

Internal Civil Strife happens to every country,...we've been LONG OVER-DUE~

Trump treaded very lightly during his first four years. This time I don't think he will. I believe Trump will be much stricter because he realizes how deep the swamp is and how many backstabbers there are.

Trump will not take any more foolishness Trump will fire who he wants to fire 10 tmes if he wants and he will not care what the press says about him They will trash him one way or another. I watched Trump tread lightly and tried to make peace but it was impossible. He never went after Hillary Oh sure the lock her up locke her up chant .. But he stated many times he would not do that Trump never threw anybody in jail.
He didn't use his political power in the justice system. Trump could have . But Trump was fair and wanted peace unlike the Democrats that are so sleazy.

Trump has witnessed the sleaze for 8 years . No more will he let things go on .

The media will shred him no matter how good how bad ....how indifferent. how tough he is. They will try to destroy him as always.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
If Trump wins in 2024:

1. Pubs will magically decide there's no voter fraud this time. The people have spoken, yadda yadda.

2. Frustrated people will say "we're drinking lib tears!" and will be happy. For five minutes.

3. I won't do anything. I certainly wouldn't risk getting arrested for my candidate. We see how well that worked out for the people who were willing to go to prison for Trump, who promptly abandoned them. So if Trump wins I'll do the same thing I did last time. I'll go "oh God" and "oh well" and there you have it, elections happen.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:19 PM

89,125 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
That is your interpretation, and shows that you don’t actually understand the Constitution or the limits that it places upon the Federal Government.

In reality, what the Dobbs decision did was return the right to allow or deny abortion to the states and the people who reside in those states - which is where it rightfully belonged in the first place. Roe vs. Wade was legislation from the bench and had no merit.

The Dobbs decision highlights the difference between progressives and conservatives quite well. Progressivism depends upon an all powerful federal government. Conservatism holds that the power resides with the people, then the state, then the federal government - in that order. The reason for that belief is that the Constitution specifically lays it out that way. Progressivism is, by definition, anti-Constitution and anti-American.
Great post!

Old 08-22-2023, 01:39 PM

17,826 posts, read 13,741,924 times
All you all are speculating that a Trump win will cause BLM and antifa and the leftists will go wild.

That is a maybe.

What WILL happen is that Trump will hire a bunch of best "new people". The ones that aren't crazy will have a falling out with Trump. Trump will talk about how sorry they are and they will in turn write more tell all books about what a buffoon Trump is.

The crazy ones will stay on and complain right along with Trump and complain about the Deep State, the democrats and the press. Trump won't get lucky on the economy this time... and he will blame Creepy Joe for everything that goes wrong during his administration.

Trump will spend every waking moment telling us how he is greatest President, the most persecuted President. The smartest President. I, me, myself and "Trump" will talk about how incredible he is and how he and his accomplishments are "like nobody has ever seen before."

What is weird to me is that nothing any of these guys do seems to effect my existence too much. Don't need to whine and cry about inflation or gas prices, don't ever see any trannies to get worked up about, don't get upset by BLM or antifa because they aren't around here, don't mind talking about slavery, don't need to birth or abort anything.

If Trump were to win it would just be more awesome entertainment watching the antics of Trump and his merry band.

Old 08-22-2023, 02:20 PM

7,161 posts, read 4,754,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
All you all are speculating that a Trump win will cause BLM and antifa and the leftists will go wild.

That is a maybe.

What WILL happen is that Trump will hire a bunch of best "new people". The ones that aren't crazy will have a falling out with Trump. Trump will talk about how sorry they are and they will in turn write more tell all books about what a buffoon Trump is.

The crazy ones will stay on and complain right along with Trump and complain about the Deep State, the democrats and the press. Trump won't get lucky on the economy this time... and he will blame Creepy Joe for everything that goes wrong during his administration.

Trump will spend every waking moment telling us how he is greatest President, the most persecuted President. The smartest President. I, me, myself and "Trump" will talk about how incredible he is and how he and his accomplishments are "like nobody has ever seen before."

What is weird to me is that nothing any of these guys do seems to effect my existence too much. Don't need to whine and cry about inflation or gas prices, don't ever see any trannies to get worked up about, don't get upset by BLM or antifa because they aren't around here, don't mind talking about slavery, don't need to birth or abort anything.

If Trump were to win it would just be more awesome entertainment watching the antics of Trump and his merry band.
When I lived in the Portland OR area back in the early ‘90s people there had your attitude. “It’s not happening here. Stay where you are and don’t come here.” They talked about how they were insulted from the rest of the country’s craziness.
They are falling apart now because of dem policies, out of control crime, trashed streets, on and on. I wouldn’t be too sure that you won’t be affected very soon.

Old 08-22-2023, 02:39 PM

27,689 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Some people just want to see the world burn.
Why would the world burn if Trump were elected?

Old 08-22-2023, 02:43 PM

89,125 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why would the world burn if Trump were elected?
The "mostly peaceful" riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies