Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 01:23 PM

18,225 posts, read 15,776,780 times

Advertisements

Trump's personal U.S. Attorney General (Bill Barr) looked for election fraud and found nothing widespread and he told the ex-prez that fact. 60 lawsuits were filed across the country and not one case found or proved widespread fraud.

Still not good enough for Trumpies or their leader. Sore loser lost an election, and he declared *months* in advance that if he lost, it would only be because of fraud. His supporters believed him despite there being no proof and still believe him today, despite no proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 01:25 PM

13,667 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You used to have to vote on ONE day from 7 to 7. Absentee ballots required proof of being out of town.

Now you have weeks of early voting. Its is SO easy to vote now. Mail in voting is just about two things:

1) Getting lazy uninformed voters, who tend to vote Democrats, to vote and;
2) Making it easier to commit fraud.
Look, most people would agree that increasing voter turnout is generally a good thing. It means more people are participating in our democracy, and a greater percentage of citizens are having their voice heard.

Suppressing the vote is an old tactic for conservatives. Used to be accomplished by levying poll taxes and requiring IQ tests. Today we see efforts such as in Georgia, not allowing voting on Sunday because that's when a lot of black church-goers vote, or in Texas not allowing college ID as a form of voter ID, because college students tend to vote democrat.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:27 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,946,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We said there is no evidence of rampant fraud. And there still isn't, to this day.

Even the Cyber Ninjas couldn't manage to dig up anything solid.
There have been a lot of people arrested. One woman in Texas had 43 fraudulent nursing home mail in ballots. MSM just doesn't report it. Nursing homes with comatose patients voting? Signature match issues. Homeless shelters with 100% voting. Voting from people in multiple states.

You and the MSM are fraud deniers.

Now what is true is that once mail in ballots get counted, there is no way to prove fraud because they get separated from the envelopes and you don't know who the vote was for.

So there has been plenty of fraud and tons of suspicious activity and lots of coverups that make no sense unless there was fraud (see Phoenix and Atlanta), but it is almost impossible to determine how much fraud and who benefitted when you don't have proper screening before.

It only took 40,000 votes between Atlanta, Phoenix and Milwaukee to tip the election in 2020. So we are talking about .0025% of the vote.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:27 PM

4,224 posts, read 2,542,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Biden won by winning only 16% of the countries counties, extremely less than any other candidate in history. Somehow he managed to receive more votes than any other candidate in history. Also these 16% counties, somehow got vote dumps at 4am.

Also, one of the findings from the Maricopa audit was that forensic hand writing analysts were not able to verify 95% of the signatures of the 4am dump.
That's because they are highly populated. The findings of the Maricopa audit report have been repeatedly disproved.

Voting counting, including early and absentee ballots in many states (AL, ID, IL, MN, MS, MO and on and on) can't start until the polls close. Some can't count the absentee ballots until they have all been processed which pushes it out even further (KY and others). Given the millions of votes, it's to be expected it will go on until the wee hours of the morning.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:28 PM

19,894 posts, read 9,448,503 times
This thread brought up in my mind the question, "Whatever happened to Trump's press conference scheduled for August 21st that would 'prove' election fraud?"

Well, for those who forgot about this or didn't know, it has been CANCELED on the advice of his lawyers, according to this: https://www.npr.org/2023/08/18/11945...torneys-advice

As I have said so many times before, if the 2024 election has either Trump or Biden as a candidate, this country is ****'ed.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Old people had to vote in person for hundreds of years so spare me the sad stories.

If we want to let people in the military vote by mail, fine.
Well, there goes a chunk of GOP voters.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:30 PM

4,524 posts, read 1,877,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, there goes a chunk of GOP voters.
And yet the GOP voters get out there and vote in person, instead of sitting at home and making excuses.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:32 PM

18,225 posts, read 15,776,780 times
I've voted by mail-in ballot for well over a decade. It was only in 2016 and then 2020 that one candidate claimed fraud. Yep, even after he WON in 2016, the ex-P still declared a fraudulent election. I couldn't understand why he was saying that. "Does he not realize he won?," I remember I asked a friend. Such a weird, weird man.

For the privilege of voting by mail, I ordered a ballot from the board of elections online, my ballot had a unique ID number assigned to me, a registered voter. The completed ballot needed to be witnessed by 2 people (signed and include their addresses and phone numbers) -or- notarized. I opted to have my ballot notarized at my credit union. I don't wait until the last minute to vote; I get it done ASAP.

The ballot is tracked all the way through the process, from the time the USPS receives the ballot to when it's received by the Board of Elections, to when it's opened and counted, all date stamped, and that info is available to me online by looking up my voter record.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:41 PM

1,100 posts, read 434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherfromthegutter View Post

The USA has an amazingly strong voting system.
Yeah, signing something and putting it in the mail. Really strong.

So many unknown variables there.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:44 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,619,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Thank you. I have also worked a few elections, & the ballot system seems tight. I agree with you that fraud would be very hard. Unless you are gullible enough to fall for the lies.

I agree...when you go to a polling place, sign in, punch out chads, write a name, circle in boxes or just simply touch a computer...very hard to crack that.

But when the system is supported by stuff being mailed in, no signatures, no return address....this is the voting equivalent of DDOS - distributed denial of service spam

no one should EVER defend THAT system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies