Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 01:32 PM

1,368 posts, read 998,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It could end up "really bad" and Biden and his ilk would be lying to us and folding like weak fools while telling us that WE are the problem.

If this was happening under Trump it would be front page news.
Yes - b/c they'd be blaming Trump. In the meantime, I doubt this would have happened if Trump were POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 01:45 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,118,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Yes - b/c they'd be blaming Trump. In the meantime, I doubt this would have happened if Trump were POTUS.
Iran launched numerous missile attacks against the US during the Trump presidency.

I recall two late in his term. One, the US embassy in Iraq was targeted, and another was a US Airforce base in Iraq.

Old 11-28-2023, 02:10 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,182,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
And our retaliation was ....? Looks like we had a good reason to knock out a launch site and some hardware, if nothing else.
Our retaliation requires a new POTUS. Right now we have Neville Chamberlain in charge, things don't look so good. Where's Winnie when we really need him?

Old 11-28-2023, 02:11 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,021,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Our retaliation requires a new POTUS. Right now we have Neville Chamberlain in charge, things don't look so good. Where's Winnie when we really need him?
Did you get upset when Trump didnt attack Iran?

Old 11-28-2023, 02:16 PM

820 posts, read 448,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Retaliation for what? Unguided missiles that landed 5 miles away?

I suspect it may have been an attempt to get the US to fire on them and then tout that "the US is attacking" to try to create more leverage with Middle Eastern countries etc.
What do you suggest? Waiting until a missile actually hits something?

Oh, wait, missiles already are hitting us bases. When does a big lesson come back at them? How much do we take? When do we get our hostages back?

Why the hell did Biden apologize for being a leader and condemning Hamas?

Old 11-29-2023, 08:13 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
What do you suggest? Waiting until a missile actually hits something?

Oh, wait, missiles already are hitting us bases. When does a big lesson come back at them? How much do we take? When do we get our hostages back?
I suggest following navy doctrine as they are instructed in that area.

If you think that we haven't been hitting them directly or indirectly then I'd suggest you read up.

Did you miss this? There are proxy insurgent wars going on throughout the region and we are elbow deep.

https://apnews.com/article/iran-poli...c45d8c78196886

Old 11-29-2023, 08:32 AM

4,561 posts, read 3,763,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post

I'm not sure why people always make statements like "If X were president, this would never happen."

That shows very low level thinking. Other countries will do what they want to do.

Old 11-29-2023, 08:35 AM

37,477 posts, read 61,444,537 times
I get it that adding 'guidance' onboard a missile is a huge expense.

But shooting something akin to the Estes model rockets we launched when I was a teenager, and blindly hoping they 'hit' something just seems really stupid to me.

I have seen videos of Palestinians digging up their own municipal water lines to gain access to steel pipe from which they make their missiles. I have seen videos showing hundreds of those missiles being launched over the border into Israel. In the hope that one of them will randomly hit something of value.

Similarly launching an unguided missile over the horizon of the sea, hoping that a ship is over that horizon is equally as stupid.

Without any form of guidance system, there is no hope of these missiles actually hitting any specific target.

Since this is the level of technology we are looking at, it makes me wonder. Even if one of these missiles were to randomly hit a modern surface ship, what makes anyone think that they would have the design to be able to penetrate the armor of a ship?

I suspect that at best, such a detonation might shake the vessel and leave a black scorch mark on the side of the vessel.

Old 11-29-2023, 10:20 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Rep. Kevin McCarthy: Houthis Was A Terrorist Organization Under Trump, Biden Lifted That In 2021

fact check: true

Old 11-30-2023, 08:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Why would Yemen do that? It's not like America is supplying the Saudis with weapons to commit genocide in Yemen. ... oh wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies