Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 10:37 AM

1,353 posts, read 789,266 times

Advertisements

It seems these fuels are not quite fossil fuels. There were no dinosaurs on the Saturn satellite and other places in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Tu80QWRr0

Old 01-15-2024, 10:54 AM

10,848 posts, read 4,529,826 times
well, if the scientists have got anything right about our past, we have known for decades, in fact I first heard of it in the late 70s, that the fuels we have consumed THEN had exceeded the expected biomass of ALL 'animals' and 'plants' that should have been in existence - and this one is a hard one for most folks to wrap around, life, is MOSTLY water and the rest to decompose into short chain hydrocarbons (gas) or long chain (crude) gives like a teaspoon of each. Hardly a fill up.

hydro carbons DO exist in nature and the machinations of space. Neptune for example, who had few Trex and 'tri-cicloplotz' is laden with methane and other -anes, -enes etc.

AND, the predictions that would would run out were misplaced as well. Most scientists now assert that something is forming hydrocarbons NOW.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:11 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Just how many EO's can fossil fuel withstand?

Old 01-15-2024, 11:40 AM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
I seen that video, very eye opening.

They have been lying to us for decades. I don’t believe they were just wrong. No, they did this purposefully.

Green energy is a joke.

What else have they lied about?

Old 01-15-2024, 11:51 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I seen that video, very eye opening.

They have been lying to us for decades. I don’t believe they were just wrong. No, they did this purposefully.

Green energy is a joke.

What else have they lied about?
They have been wrong about almost everything in the history of this planet. Just like the meteor killing the dinosaurs. Some real experts say if the sun was blocked out, all would have died in a few years, but they can prove it took hundreds of thousands of years.

Old 01-15-2024, 01:06 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
More abiotic oil delusion. Just because some hydrocarbons may be formed inorganically, does not mean that most or all hydrocarbons are formed inorganically. This is certainly not the case here on earth. And even if abiotic oil were true, it is wholly irrelevant. We are depleting oil infinitely faster than it can ever be "generated." Yes, trees grow from the earth, but that does not mean that deforestation does not exist.

Old 01-15-2024, 01:28 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
More abiotic oil delusion. Just because some hydrocarbons may be formed inorganically, does not mean that most or all hydrocarbons are formed inorganically. This is certainly not the case here on earth. And even if abiotic oil were true, it is wholly irrelevant. We are depleting oil infinitely faster than it can ever be "generated." Yes, trees grow from the earth, but that does not mean that deforestation does not exist.
I recall them telling us in the 70's that we would be out of oil by the late 80's or early 90's.

Old 01-15-2024, 01:33 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I recall them telling us in the 70's that we would be out of oil by the late 80's or early 90's.
We will never "run out" of oil. What will happen is that we will deplete the oil to a level that it is no longer thermodynamically or economically viable to extract. Think about it like this- would you ascend 50 flights of stairs to pick up the quarter on the top floor? Would you travel across the country to pick up a guaranteed $100 lottery ticket?

Old 01-15-2024, 01:43 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
My area, southwest Missouri has thick oil reserves. I talked to one of the guys working there. It is not profitable at this time to pump it, but they had to drill or lose the rights to it. So they drilled and capped the wells. He said they have known about the reserves since the late 1800s. Just down the road from there is a biodiesel plant at Eve Missouri.

Old 01-15-2024, 01:46 PM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Here we go again with this “peak oil” nonsense. We aren’t going to run out, and humans aren’t causing climate change. Climate is cyclical and it also has to do with the sun.

Again, I fully understand temps are getting slightly warmer. But that’s just the way it goes. Also, I’ve posted on this before, but the “green energy gang” is inflating temperatures around the world, and I’m glad Tucker’s guest brought this up. It absolutely is happening. Why? So they can get governments to spend more on green energy and they can get rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.