Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 07:56 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The pre-existing regulations required transgender females to be on one year of hormone therapy and demonstrate that they don't have a physical advantage. This was just political posturing. Not a problem worthy of attention of the government.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-senat...y?id=106634032
Anatomically trans women are biological men weakened by hormone injections.

This isn't about discrimination at all, this is about fairness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 08:03 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You aren't a serious poster. Anyone with any sense knows women are getting taken advantage of.

I shouldn't have even bothered to answer you. I won't make that mistake again.

Nothing but leftist crap is all you post.
I’m referencing the state of Ohio’s laws in a thread about Ohio. You seem to just be emotionally triggered by some puff pieces in your media choices.

Old 02-01-2024, 07:29 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
Actually...

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...g-championship

Note that the then-teenage boy wanted to compete with other boys but was denied the opportunity because, of course, Texas.

I'm sure there are other stories about trans boys and men who do participate in men's athletics who don't necessarily expect to dominate. It's almost if as they just want to compete in the identity to which they prescribe...
Sure, they can compete for fun, but the best biological female sprinters can be outdone by top-tier high school boys. It's not going to be competitive - it's probably just going to frustrate the trans kid more than anything.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:42 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Two of Kat Scaglione’s three children are transgender, and the Chagrin Falls artist is devastated, but not surprised, by the new law. Her 14-year-old daughter Amity is already receiving mental health services and some medication, and would be able to continue her treatment under the law’s grandfather clause, but she wouldn’t be able to seek anything further, such as hormone therapies, and would have to go out of state to progress in her gender-affirming care.

Scaglione and her partner, Matt, are even considering moving their family out of state entirely, despite recently buying a house in a school district and community that’s safer for Amity and her 10-year-old sister, Lexi, who is also transgender. They don’t feel welcome in Ohio, and don’t see that changing anytime soon.
https://apnews.com/article/transgend...6cb1fef212ba0f

To be honest, these folks sound like they're a few slices short of a full sandwich. What are the odds that two out of their three kids would happen to be transgender? Can't help but think that the mother, an artist (artists often being known as non-conformists), just might have pushed this ideology on her kids.

Their child Amity is already under mental health care; is this a result of gender dysphoria, or is the gender dysphoria a result of this person's mental condition? Also, Amity is described as a daughter, but is this in the biological or "identity" sense? Why would any parent be on board with their children being physically mutilated by "gender-affirming care"?

Kat and Matt aren't married to each other, because providing a legally recognized parental set is apparently too conventional for them. And how did 10-year-old Lexi get it into his/her head at such a young age that he/she is the "wrong" sex? (And again, is Lexi a "sister" in the biological or "identity" sense?)

"Conformity" is sometimes portrayed as a bad thing, but a society that allows too much non-conformity becomes destabilized and eventually falls apart. I honestly don't see these folks as being assets to a stable, sustainable society. Maybe they'd be better off leaving Ohio and moving to a more chaotic, "anything goes" kind of place like Seattle or Portland or San Francisco.

Sorry if all this sounds mean, but that's how I feel. I'm sick and tired of normal society constantly being demanded to bend to the wishes of these unstable people, and I applaud the government of Ohio for taking a stand for a more stable, more functional society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies