Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 09:31 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
"Tucker Carlson's interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin could see the conservative pundit targeted by European Union lawmakers, current and former members of the European Parliament have told Newsweek."

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...erview-1867655
Too much freedom of speech i guess.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:49 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I don't understand the left hysteria about this interview. Let's see/hear the interview and judge then.
Agree ^^^
Here is Tucker’s video saying WHY he is interviewing Putin — worth watching before judging so harshly.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson

Old 02-07-2024, 10:28 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
huh. if the answer was no, wouldn't kringe happily say so?

WH's Kringe-on-Pierre Asked If Biden Tried To Stop Tucker Carlson's Interview With Putin: Absolutely No Comment

Old 02-07-2024, 11:41 AM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 2 days ago)

1,311 posts, read 652,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
"Tucker Carlson's interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin could see the conservative pundit targeted by European Union lawmakers, current and former members of the European Parliament have told Newsweek."

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...erview-1867655
I guess Nazism did win in Europe..

Old 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
That is true, other people have interviewed Putin too. I consider Putin an enemy, always have always will. Doesn't mean I like or care for some of the other guys either. Probably wouldn't watch anybody's interview at this point. All these guys lie, why watch, it's a waste of time.
Not post the second invasion of Ukraine though.

Even the last couple of interviews it was Keir Simmons in 2021. I think in that one Putin just walked all over him versus Simmons willingly being Putin's mouthpiece. Putin isn't dumb and a very good manipulator and uses the language barrier. At any rate, with you had things in Simmons interview like him just not pushing against Putin's claims for being for stability while he's amassing troops along the Ukraine border in preparation to invade them. Basically Simmons just let Putin talk unchallenged for the entire interview, whether that was because he just was outclassed or because that was the deal to get the interview is the only question.

Second one later was the Hadley Gamble which was a better interview. She was able to push Putin on a few issues and he slipped up. Immediately the Kremlin was on the offensive. Hadley had used her evil feminine wiles to confuse Putin! And that was the last interview. It was a rare example of Putin taking an interview where he did not control the interview entirely.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:00 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Default Tucker Carlson interview may change the entire Ukraine War

As public opinion of continuous funding for the war is waning, as the Biden Administration and Democrats are trying to force more illegal immigration unless a deal for more money given to Ukraine.

Tuckers interview may enlighten and give a completely different perspective of the war and might change any appetite to give more money to them.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:06 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Tucker is about the only true journalist in the country today. I'm sure the interview will be great and it will be enlightening to finally get to hear Pootin's take. I have no doubt that the official government position that we hear is severely flawed.

I see no justification for Pootin's attack of Ukraine but I object to sending billions of USD to a corrupt Ukraine so "The Big Guy" gets his 10%.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:28 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I'd be hesitant to take anything Putin says at face value. Even if its the truth, he's only saying it because it serves his purposes or he's being paid to say it. Will he say he got the green light to go into Ukraine and to play along with this sham war? What did he get in return besides territory and who was he told to neutralize on our government's behalf? How much of the billions Insurrection Joe funneled into Ukraine ended up in his pockets?
Or what about how he played the part of boogeyman and never denied blame when they accused him of tampering in the 2020 election on behalf of Trump? That was pure BS and he was going along and never helped Trump but just the opposite.
He's at best a neutral mercenary and maybe only slightly more reputable than what we have running the show here in the US. I'll give him credit for putting Russia first, but that's it.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:59 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
As public opinion of continuous funding for the war is waning, as the Biden Administration and Democrats are trying to force more illegal immigration unless a deal for more money given to Ukraine.

Tuckers interview may enlighten and give a completely different perspective of the war and might change any appetite to give more money to them.
What ever it takes to shut putin down, the better. He’s not a friend. I don’t understand why people don’t get that.

Old 02-07-2024, 02:20 PM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
again..MOST of the Ukraine money is staying right here in the US..to American companies making new weapons of war while Ukraine is getting our leftovers that are due for scrapping anyway..it's a win win for us..putting Americans to work..
40% of the monies we've given to Ukraine isn't for military.

That's a lot of freakin' money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies