Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 10:15 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seemed more like a one-man diatribe. Carlson was visibly agitated. Putin slapped him down every time he tried to gain control of the "interview". Carlson went in with stars in his eyes and he came out with black eyes. Call it what you want.

I'll give it this much: Carlson exposed Putin for the delusional, manipulative war criminal he is, though I am certain that was not his intent.
Putin explained rather clearly his case regarding the US use of cohesion and military force. I agree with Putin more than I do with the US policy in Ukraine. It is the average US citizen that has been manipulated.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:21 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I
Anyways, cannot I say learned anything new, but it was interesting for some reason. Anyways, everything Putin said, he meant for us to hear. Just remember that when you choose to believe or not believe any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Exactly. That is a very astute observation.
But I have a question regarding this. We were having a discussion (which has been deleted) about Putin’s long-winded recitation of Russian history, which I said Americans don’t care about, and someone, I think it was Waikiki, pointed out that history is very important to Russians.

Which makes me wonder who was the intended audience for this interview. I presumed that Tucker had presented it as Putin’s chance to speak to the American people. Putin’s a smart guy; he must know that we don’t care to hear a lengthy exposition on ancient history. Was he perhaps really speaking to the Ukrainian people?

Old 02-09-2024, 10:29 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
But I have a question regarding this. We were having a discussion (which has been deleted) about Putin’s long-winded recitation of Russian history, which I said Americans don’t care about, and someone, I think it was Waikiki, pointed out that history is very important to Russians.

Which makes me wonder who was the intended audience for this interview. I presumed that Tucker had presented it as Putin’s chance to speak to the American people. Putin’s a smart guy; he must know that we don’t care to hear a lengthy exposition on ancient history. Was he perhaps really speaking to the Ukrainian people?
Actually, I think it was meant for the American public.

Americans don't really get that 200 years for a country to be a country is a VERY short time by global standards. And I think it was an opportunity for Putin to try and school us.

I think it was promised to Putin that the interview would air unedited and would most likely have a huge audience - and he took advantage of that.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:29 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

At the very start Tucker was trying to reign him in as Tucker thought he was filibustering.
Putin responded that he thought Tucker wanted a serious conversation, not 'a show'.
He provided a russian history lesson, I don't think Putin particularly cares anymore, what anybody in particular thinks.
Though I would agree that as an opportunity to communicate with a large audience, and in particular a US audience, he could have availed of some advice and stuck to short hand versions and sound bites.
I just think that Putin doesn't do those.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:41 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
I just saw the interview and Tucker's afterthoughts. It is interesting that he thinks Putin doesn't make himself clear because the doesn't answer questions directly. I think that is because people are told what to think instead of thinking for themselves.

The interview was well worth the time. Putin responded with history, storing telling and past events. People just don't have the patience to hear and so people don't understand. Maybe Tucker himself should watch the interview again to understand that Putin did tell him why the west doesn't like Russian.

The reason is that it is the west (lead by the UK and the US) that feel it is their duty to dominate the rest of the world. Europe is being destroyed by following this stupid idea of hate against Russia. Although it has to be admitted that Russia wants to continue to influence its neighboring countries, it is a fact that the US and the UK will rather set the world on fire than see countries in the east having success, prosperity and good relations.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:47 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
TIMESTAMP HEADLINE

00:00:00 Introduction

00:02:00 Putin gives a history of Russia & Ukraine

00:25:04 NATO Expansion

00:30:40 NATO & Bill Clinton

00:41:10 Ukraine

00:48:30 What triggered this conflict?

01:02:37 A peaceful solution?

01:11:33 Who blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?

01:24:13 Re-establishing communication with the US

01:36:33 How powerful is Zelensky?

01:48:36 Elon Musk & AI

01:51:07 Imprisoned American journalist Evan Gershkovich
Thank you for the timestamps. I fell asleep during the Russian history segment. With this guide, I can go straight to the time stamps for the issues that are interesting to me.

Old 02-09-2024, 11:15 AM

10,481 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I just saw the interview and Tucker's afterthoughts. It is interesting that he thinks Putin doesn't make himself clear because the doesn't answer questions directly. I think that is because people are told what to think instead of thinking for themselves.

The interview was well worth the time. Putin responded with history, storing telling and past events. People just don't have the patience to hear and so people don't understand. Maybe Tucker himself should watch the interview again to understand that Putin did tell him why the west doesn't like Russian.

The reason is that it is the west (lead by the UK and the US) that feel it is their duty to dominate the rest of the world. Europe is being destroyed by following this stupid idea of hate against Russia. Although it has to be admitted that Russia wants to continue to influence its neighboring countries, it is a fact that the US and the UK will rather set the world on fire than see countries in the east having success, prosperity and good relations.
I agree with you. I do think their is a cultural issue in far Eastern Europe, people are rather drink alcohol than prosper personally, but yes the US is trying to control the world over there.

Old 02-09-2024, 11:22 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:

I was watching some of this last night with my son and he remarked that he wished he'd just get to his point already. I told him we as Americans with our short attention spans were not the audience he was speaking to. I'm not sure who his intended audience was but it wasn't us. Maybe he was directing his comments to people above our pay grade. I found it fascinating, mostly, but you gotta remember to take anything he says with a grain of salt. He's a known manipulator.

Old 02-09-2024, 11:31 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,499 times
Quote:

I thought the information in the interview was clear. I think the first 30 minutes may have turned off people though because for most it would be boring.

Quote:

As Putin stated, he think the US and the West would like to see Russia broken up, and the smaller states can be more easily controlled. Ukraine is being used as the battering ram to try to facilitate the breakup of Russia. Putin stated his belief is that US participation is ultimately an effort to control China's rise as well. If correct, it would seem that taking Ukraine out of the Eastern sphere of influence has become a high priority and will be attempted by any means necessary.

Old 02-09-2024, 11:50 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
I listened to about 45 minutes. I learned 1. There’s a lot our own government hasn’t been telling us and 2. Putin is a lot smarter than Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.