Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 11:51 AM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times

Advertisements

Putin remains a despotic dictator and multiple murderer.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:03 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
How the wanted war criminal Putin is worshiped is beyond me.

Never mind that the International Court convicted him war crimes including kidnapping children.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:41 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Putin isn't a good person, everyone knows that, but I don't get why there are those on the left who like and admire Zelensky when he's really not much better than Putin.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:44 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
He rambles about Russian history and pretty much says the war is for territory. He wants to restore the territory of Russia. Guess what folks, that 20% of land of Ukraine that's he's stolen so far is not enough to fit what he's talking to Tucker about. Putin will be advancing more in the next several years.

The only truthful Putin is a dead Putin.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:44 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
3 words for this spectacle for those a bit older.

Al Capones Vault.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
There was a time when Hollywood was trying to tell us this too. The X Files was a great show that questioned the government. The movie, "JFK", was another, as well as "Enemy of the State". I wonder what happened to make Hollywood into another long arm of the government? Much like the MSM is now.
Money, power, threats, etc., will turn many heads. We basically saw it happen under Obama, when he'd threatened to imprison so many reporters and whistleblowers...effectively cowing the media to do his bidding.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:47 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Putin isn't a good person, everyone knows that, but I don't get why there are those on the left who like and admire Zelensky when he's really not much better than Putin.
I'm not "on the left" and I don't care about either of them.

I do care about which one has been invading their neighbors and has nuclear weapons though.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Got a question... I will watch the interview today or tomorrow...

Is there anything in the interview that Putin directly said - that damages the Swamp/Deep State/globalists? They have been working overtime to distract from this interview.

Do not mention the cognitive differences between Putin and Biden... I don't need the interview to tell me that.
Maybe he just reaffirmed that there is a deep state and that he/Russia is even being affected by it?

Old 02-09-2024, 12:51 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I agree with you. I do think their is a cultural issue in far Eastern Europe, people are rather drink alcohol than prosper personally, but yes the US is trying to control the world over there.
Definitely, interesting culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I was watching some of this last night with my son and he remarked that he wished he'd just get to his point already. I told him we as Americans with our short attention spans were not the audience he was speaking to. I'm not sure who his intended audience was but it wasn't us. Maybe he was directing his comments to people above our pay grade. I found it fascinating, mostly, but you gotta remember to take anything he says with a grain of salt. He's a known manipulator.
He was definitely talking to Americans interesting in understand his point of view. He knows however that most people would rather listen to propaganda. He even commented on this, that there is no way to complete with the propaganda in the west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I thought the information in the interview was clear. I think the first 30 minutes may have turned off people though because for most it would be boring.

As Putin stated, he think the US and the West would like to see Russia broken up, and the smaller states can be more easily controlled. Ukraine is being used as the battering ram to try to facilitate the breakup of Russia. Putin stated his belief is that US participation is ultimately an effort to control China's rise as well. If correct, it would seem that taking Ukraine out of the Eastern sphere of influence has become a high priority and will be attempted by any means necessary.
Good points. Most people are not as attentive as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Great observation on Tucker's behalf ( yours too.)
Putin is not used to being drilled, because this would expose the "fudging" of his story-telling ( I tried to give an example here how it's done, but unfortunately my post was deleted.)

And, as I've said earlier in my deleted post, those that dare to question his actions ( during this war including) are either killed or jailed. ( I am not talking about Navalny here, but Strelkov and Prigozhin - two key figures in this war.)
The Russian government is authoritarian, not question about it. But that is not why western countries hate Russia. The west is fine with ruthless monarchies and dictators. Still, I thought it was very informative.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:55 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Being married to a Ukrainian, I know from her friends and family that most Ukrainians do not have a good opinion about Zelensky, especially with his recent decisions and his draconian measures during the course of the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.