Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 06:33 AM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 19 days ago)

1,367 posts, read 686,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The crime stats show crime if down in every category except one, so they'd be lying if they said crime is up.

There ARE people who insist crime is up, when its actually down. They lie in order to support a partisan narrative.
REPORTED crime is down, ACTUAL crime is up..everyone knows this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 06:38 AM

6,607 posts, read 12,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Not just in Atlanta? It seems like crime is going down everywhere else but going up only in Atlanta, since all the thugs and criminals are moving here.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:38 AM

78,684 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The facts speak for themselves - per the FBI, crime is down in the USA:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-relea...ion-statistics

That's basically the entire gist of the thread, that while lower than 2021 it's still higher than recent preceeding years.

Since it's an election year we're then going to have dishonesty around the topic just like for inflation, immigration...pretty much everything.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:42 AM

1,735 posts, read 631,885 times
Quote:
Yes this seems to be the case. Some cities are not reporting to the fbi anymore. Last I know, both LA and NYC were two of them. It’s easy to find threads on social media like Reddit with people who live in big cities like San Francisco talking about this. They say crime is way up and they feel unsafe like never before but police are telling them it’s a waste of time to report it. The democrats have destroyed law enforcement in this country. They are making the US a banana state while their linchpins in the media continue to ignore the real facts.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:43 AM

1,735 posts, read 631,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's basically the entire gist of the thread, that while lower than 2021 it's still higher than recent preceeding years.

Since it's an election year we're then going to have dishonesty around the topic just like for inflation, immigration...pretty much everything.
What the fbi is reporting is recent years is meaningless. They changed the way they are gathering and reporting data and some states and cities have refused to report to them. Florida, NYC, California among them. Their data has huge gaps.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:48 AM

11,893 posts, read 5,868,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The crime stats show crime if down in every category except one, so they'd be lying if they said crime is up.

There ARE people who insist crime is up, when its actually down. They lie in order to support a partisan narrative. They believer facts and stats only when they support the narrative. When stats showed crime was up, they they couldn't stop talking about it, and now that stats show crime is down, they call it a lie.

Um....the article was not from MSM (it was from Austin American-Statesman). Hardly any article is from MSN, since MSN.Com merely gives a platform for other outlets to publish their articles. I must have told you this at least 3-4 times.
You don't know any cops do you? I'd love to give you the number of my cousin - retired FBI or my cousin's son - a police officer and have them both school you.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:48 AM

17,371 posts, read 12,333,769 times
Crime is down. Only those being misled by the "if it bleeds it leads" media believe otherwise.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
LOL. Thanks for proving my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You don't know any cops do you? I'd love to give you the number of my cousin - retired FBI or my cousin's son - a police officer and have them both school you.
Yeah....you know....this guy......a cousin I think, maybe brother.....you know...he's like FBI, CIA, Cop, Marshall, Navy SEAL, black belt....you name it.....he told me, and I'm telling you. It's bad man. Reeel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
What the fbi is reporting is recent years is meaningless. They changed the way they are gathering and reporting data and some states and cities have refused to report to them. Florida, NYC, California among them. Their data has huge gaps.
No, they did not change the way. One of the Covid years the FBI didn't receive as much data as they usually to, but that has normalized already, and even when less data was received, the percentages are still accurate

Old 02-27-2024, 07:03 AM

So, let's recap.

-Massive changes to policing and prosecution in 2020 and 2021, these were widely touted in cities by mayors, prosecutors and also encoded in laws like bail reform in Illinois.

-By 2022 several locations started making changes the other direction like recalling prosecutors or NYC for example putting lots of police BACK into subways.

Your mileage will vary depending upon where you live and as such I view those topics as a local voter thing.

The irony that this issue impacts poorer POC more so than the posters here when the initiatives were supposed to be helping them more than anyone else is sad. Almost as sad as the people that are trying to cover up the issue after patting themselves so hard on the back for the "progress" they ushered in back in 2020.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
We've had a lot of threads about crime rates in various cities, so look at those instead if you want.

That said, I don't recall people crying about the FBI data being wrong when it was way up in 2020 and again in 2021.

It's worse today than it was in 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies