Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 01:01 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times

Advertisements

I wonder what the pitch is.

"I want to urge you to exercise your Democratic duty to protect our DEMocracy and use your voice in a DEMOCRATIC election to uphold our Democratic way of life"

Then the registration has a huge box with a huge font "DEMOCRAT PARTY". If you want to register Republican you have to flip the card over, search in 22 point font text and scratch a sticker off the section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 01:09 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Honestly, yes. Get more registered voters. Get more people to vote. It's embarrassing how many people who are eligible to vote don't actually vote.
Just because they are registered to vote doesn't mean they actually vote. It will seem "cool" to register, but actually being responsible to show up and vote, well, that will be another hurdle.

I don't like paying someone to sign them up. That should be a volunteer position of the party that wants to recruit voters, that way, both parties or more can provide additional information.

Collega campuses could be tricky for out-of-state students.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:23 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Just because they are registered to vote doesn't mean they actually vote. It will seem "cool" to register, but actually being responsible to show up and vote, well, that will be another hurdle.

I don't like paying someone to sign them up. That should be a volunteer position of the party that wants to recruit voters, that way, both parties or more can provide additional information.

Yep. but registering is the first step.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:25 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I wonder what the pitch is.

"I want to urge you to exercise your Democratic duty to protect our DEMocracy and use your voice in a DEMOCRATIC election to uphold our Democratic way of life"

Then the registration has a huge box with a huge font "DEMOCRAT PARTY". If you want to register Republican you have to flip the card over, search in 22 point font text and scratch a sticker off the section.
The pitch is probably to go into known democratic areas with low voter turnout, and get those people to vote. And if the people who are being paid are being paid by the GOP, then get those people to GOP areas with low voter turnout, and register THOSE people to vote.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Thats where the ballot harvester team kicks into high gear. It's a well oiled machine. These are college students. They probably offer a taxpaer provided sixer of bud light to actually vote.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:31 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Anytime any groups or candidate pays for voter registration drive, some fool thinks the can get buy with adding some names to their list.

When DH was a volunteer for many political candidates he always kept a list of the people the campaign registered and if they voted. Half didn't.

I registered voters for years with LWV. I stopped when it dawned on me if I had to tackle them at the grocery store to register, they had no business voting. We have enough uninformed nit wits voting. We don't need more.

Some days I think democracy is nothing more than mob rule.

Old 03-01-2024, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Anytime any groups or candidate pays for voter registration drive, some fool thinks the can get buy with adding some names to their list.

When DH was a volunteer for many political candidates he always kept a list of the people the campaign registered and if they voted. Half didn't.

I registered voters for years with LWV. I stopped when it dawned on me if I had to tackle them at the grocery store to register, they had no business voting. We have enough uninformed nit wits voting. We don't need more.

Some days I think democracy is nothing more than mob rule.
I recall going to the DMV and there were registration tables outside. I went up and asked to register. Lady asked what party and I said Repub. She glared at me and then asked my name. Within 2 microsecounds she shot back "I can't find your name, sorry".

Old 03-01-2024, 04:06 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I agree. Everyday we get closer and closer to a banana republic.

Already there.... Rest assured, very few people anywhere in the world see Joe Biden as a legitimate leader.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
I recall going to the DMV and there were registration tables outside. I went up and asked to register. Lady asked what party and I said Repub. She glared at me and then asked my name. Within 2 microsecounds she shot back "I can't find your name, sorry".
Nine years ago, while taking care of some things in California, I ran into an old girlfriend I hadn't seen in 25 years (since we broke up).

She asked me if I would ever move back to California.

I said "Move back to this nanny state ?....No way".

She rolled her eyes and said "oh no, we've lost you to the Republicans" (and I wasn't either party when she said that, and I'm still not either party).

I was a Republican the whole time we were together, and I didn't know what she was. Politics didn't come up.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:49 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...24/ar-BB1j0lq0

I wonder how many republicans they will sign up?

Ballot harvesting up a notch?
Wouldn't doing what is stated in the subject line be election interference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies