Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 10:54 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No that would be January 20 which is Inauguration Day. But you know that.
You’re knocking Trump for not attending the inauguration after being tormented and blasted daily for 5 years straight? During his presidency you couldn’t skip an hour without a negative Trump story on tv or msm sites. I can go days on cnn without seeing a Biden article.

You need to get out of the basement with Biden and open your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 11:04 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
You’re knocking Trump for not attending the inauguration after being tormented and blasted daily for 5 years straight? During his presidency you couldn’t skip an hour without a negative Trump story on tv or msm sites. I can go days on cnn without seeing a Biden article.

Every president deals with abuse from the other party. That comes with the territory. The issue is that Trump couldn’t deal with it. I guess his feelings were to hurt. So what. Deal with it. He put himself first and not our country.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:18 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
I won’t vote for Trump, and I think he is the most dangerous threat to the nation since the Civil War. That said, he’s funny. He’s really funny. I can’t help but chuckle. I liked him better years ago when he seemed to take himself less seriously and be a little more in on the joke, but I still have to admit he has a good sense of humor. Enough to excuse his fraud, sexual assault, and treason? Nah.
That's what you think but for what reason?

Old 03-13-2024, 11:21 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
The nation was in far better shape when he was in the White House. We need him back.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:39 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is no patriot and does not love our country. That was evident when he didn't honor our tradition of a peaceful transfer of power. So tell me how someone like that loves our country.
haha, when MSM, FBI, the big guy and big tech were lying in my face, it was an open season. Then, again he was not the first one. I believe the global warming activist did not honour the tradition too, and it seems many people believe he not only loves our country but also loves our plant

Old 03-13-2024, 11:44 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
haha, when MSM, FBI, the big guy and big tech were lying in my face, it was an open season. Then, again he was not the first one. I believe the global warming activist did not honour the tradition too, and it seems many people believe he not only loves our country but also loves our plant
The tradition is welcoming the next president into the White House. Who are you talking about that didn’t this tradition.

Old 03-14-2024, 12:19 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Trump is appealing for the same reason that Limbaugh was appealing. Right wing tough guy. But while Limbaugh came off as sort of a bombastic radio deejay. Right wingers see Trump as having a little old school NY gangster tough guy.

They see Trump is sort of a genius business cool guy gangster like Lucky Luciano or Frank Costello. But they also kind of see him as a dude that could have been right there with Lepke and Albert Anastasia in Murder, Inc.

People who don't like Trump see him as the pathetic, narcissistic, buffoon cartoon gangster that he actually is.
In other words, MAGA sees tough guy personas, bombast, cutting humiliations toward "those beneath them", and even potential criminals (admit it, room, you knew this deep down in 2016) as the main yardstick for measuring a man's worth and certainly for "worthiness" of leadership and admiration. If that's your point, then I fervently agree.

Old 03-14-2024, 01:54 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post

I do.

Not attending the inauguration was petty, thin-skinned, selfish, immature, and unpresidential.

And I’m not a Democrat, and wouldn’t vote for Biden in a million years.

Old 03-14-2024, 02:34 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
As a retired Army Reservist, with 13 yrs Active/17 Reserve, and fought in two wars, I believe that Trump has the ability to convince our enemies that picking a fight is pretty stupid since it will be a painful experience for them and nothing will be gained… By doing this, it keeps the peace and I hate wars and so does Trump. That alone is an important factor in my my vote since Biden is leading us down the road to a major and global conflict.

Also, as a retired civilian Law Enforcement Officer, with 26 years of full-time service, I support Trump since he is also a law and order guy and the only person running that can start the process of regaining order on our streets and securing our borders and do something about the flood of illegal aliens that Biden purposely poured into the country.

Now, as a retiree, I believe that Trump will stabilize inflation and lowering it by his policy of “drill baby drill.” I also believe that he will improve the economy and give young Americans a change at a life again.

Trump is the kind of guy you don’t test cuz he’s one tough SoB!! Biden’s DOJ and FBI gave him their best shot and he is STILL standing… Actually, stronger now than before… Biden and both his DOJ and FBI screwed up and made Trump the symbol of why Washington DC does not care about the American people and is basically a corrupted system. Plus, Biden’s White House and DOJ were ACTIVELY working and STRATEGIZING with both New York and Georgia officials to indict him on fake state charges…. AGAIN!! Making him stronger in the end, especially within the Black and Brown communities ACROSS the country.

There is no way in hell I would vote for Biden since every single one of his policies has hurt the Working Middle-Class, and people of Color. There is nothing Biden can say to change my mind since he is a habitual liar and lacks any leadership characteristics since he never accepts responsibility for his screw-ups and blames everybody else for them.

Plus, “we all know” that Biden isn’t really running the country anyway, so why should we re-elected a figurehead?

All I know is that four more years of Biden, the American Working Middle-Class will be destroyed

Old 03-14-2024, 05:11 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
I think he is the most dangerous threat to the nation since the Civil War.
No, you didn't think that. That idea was presented to you and you bought it. Someone you trust made that characterization and you espoused it without giving it any thought whatsoever. Obviously, because it's about the most ridiculous thing anyone could ever say.

You disagree? Great! Explain your assessment, in detail. You can't, because it isn't yours. I know, "something something January 6 blah blah," but you know that's a false excuse. Go ahead. Explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies