Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 10:36 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's fascinating that a guy who has been handed upwards of $300M (that's million) by getting his fans to send him money since 2020 is seen as not profiting from his presidency. He received $7.8M from foreign governments as president, mostly China. In addition, that same guy's daughter got exclusive deals from China while he was in office. That same guy's son-in-law was handed $2B from the Saudis.
Could you instead of ranting put those claims in context?
But I know its fun if can make claim about one candidate and say nothing shady dealings about the other guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 10:38 AM

18,082 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Could you instead of ranting put those claims in context?
But I know its fun if can make claim about one candidate and say nothing shady dealings about the other guy.
1. There are sourced articles linked in my post above.

2. This thread is about Trump, not "the other guy."

3. Sorry you don't understand the context of the thread.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:45 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
We have a ex-president who at this moment is requesting the Supreme Court agree that the elected president of the United States be immune to all laws of the land so that he can do his job. This is the same job who's number one responsibility is to adhere to the constitution. How can any sane person not see a issue here. I would love for MAGA to make a argument for this one.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:50 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Trump is a patriot and loves this country - all democrats by their words and deeds HATE this country..
One of many reasons I can't vote for Trump is because he seems to appeal to people who think and believe what you think and believe. Rather insulting to millions of people to say the least.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:54 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
We have a ex-president who at this moment is requesting the Supreme Court agree that the elected president of the United States be immune to all laws of the land so that he can do his job. This is the same job who's number one responsibility is to adhere to the constitution. How can any sane person not see a issue here. I would love for MAGA to make a argument for this one.
Take heart, if SCOTUS rules that a POTUS has no immunity, Biden can be charged with accessory to murder for Laken Riley's murder, illegal aliens' murder of others, and as an accessory to other felonies that his 8 million "I'm rescinding Trump's immigration EOs," "surge the border," and "catch and release into the US" illegal aliens have committed: rape, sex trafficking, the sex trafficking of children, etc. etc.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:04 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
America First
SCOTUS

Old 03-14-2024, 11:06 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
As I read through all the comments in this thread for the first time this morning, it's all I can do to keep from addressing all of them. Especially the ones so over-the-top ridiculously supportive of what they believe and utterly blind to all facts, reason and logic to the contrary. So unbalanced if not unhinged, but rather than bother with any of it, I am seriously curious whether anyone feels they are accomplishing anything here in the way of changing hearts, minds or votes? Or is it just me who sees the same people "preaching to the choir" while the other same people are always singing to a different tune?

I ask, seriously, because if I could feel anything of consequence were being accomplished by way of all these key strokes, then maybe I'd bother to do the same. Whether to make a case for or against Trump, with facts and sound justification or utter nonsense, do you feel your efforts are in any way productive? Or would you say they are simply self-satisfying? Do you come to learn something or to preach?

Old 03-14-2024, 11:07 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Take heart, if SCOTUS rules that a POTUS has no immunity, Biden can be charged with accessory to murder for Laken Riley's murder, illegal aliens' murder of others, and as an accessory to other felonies that his 8 million "I'm rescinding Trump's immigration EOs," "surge the border," and "catch and release into the US" illegal aliens have committed: rape, sex trafficking, the sex trafficking of children, etc. etc.

If POTUS rules in Trump favor we will have much larger issues to worry about.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:11 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
If POTUS rules in Trump favor we will have much larger issues to worry about.
Well, for one, Obama will get away with ordering the drone execution of a 16 year old US citizen without Due Process among many other things, and for another, Biden will be off the hook as an accessory to all the felonies his his 8 million illegal aliens have committed: murder, rape, sex trafficking, the sex trafficking of children, etc. etc.

If Trump can be tried for supposed crimes committed during his presidency, so can Obama and Biden.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:11 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Want an argument in his defense...how about the Biden administration breaking US law/adhering to the Constitution and allowing an open southern border? No one is above the law as liberals like to say unless it fits an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies