Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 09:49 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

He fights back against the Marxists. Not many do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:51 AM

21,125 posts, read 19,707,707 times
1. He is not a Washington D.C. swamp creature. He hasn't spent his life in politics. He has an outsider view of the corruption in government, basically the view of most Americans.

2. There is nothing in it for him. He is not doing it for the money like most politicians. He would have made more money by not going into politics.

3. He is a businessperson and "the business of America is business" (Calvin Coolidge). Trump can work with American business leaders to improve the economy. He did so during his first term by reducing regulations, reducing business taxes, imposing tariffs of foreign competitors, etc.

4. He wants to secure the border.

5. He wants to end America's world policing status and keep our money here to help Americans.

6. He can bully other world bullies (leaders). They fear him unlike Biden who they laugh at.

7. He is a tough negotiator. He's been negotiating his whole life. He knows how to fight for America when negotiating with other countries, unlike the outmoded model of America being the endless benefactor to the world.

8. He is anti-establishment and is the only one that can even begin to end the bloated government bureaucracy.

9. Although I believe he is a social liberal, he sees that social conservatives is the best way to preserve our country. The liberals have moved too far left. Trump's social policies are not much different than what the Democrats were 20 years ago.

10. He is not afraid to call out the liberal news media for lying to the people. The liberal news media has become a monolithic Democrat Party propaganda mouthpiece. They try to cover for every single failure of the Democrats. There is no critical thinking at all.

11. He speaks for a lot of independent and swing voters. He is not an establishment Republican. He gives voice to a lot of otherwise non-political people who are fed up with Washington, D.C.

12. He speaks his mind and doesn't try to be politically correct. Americans are sick of politician gobbledygook. They want to know what a politician really thinks and don't want to be told what the politician thinks they want to hear.

For balance, I will list a few things I think Trump could improve on:

1. More emphasis on reducing the debt, reducing spending, reducing and eliminating federal programs, agencies, etc.

2. Picking better people to work with him. He picked too many swamp creatures in his first administration. To be fair, he didn't have as many to choose from as he does now. He needs to pick much more aggressive people this time who will clean out all the corruption and bureaucracy.

3. Being honest about Social Security. He says he won't touch it, but it needs to be touched. It will go into deficit in about 10 years. If we don't raise the retirement age, we will have to reduce the payments. He criticized Nikki Haley for this, but it is one of the things I actually agreed with her on.

4. If he does debate Biden, he should use the technique he used in the second 2020 debate and not the first. In the first, he was too argumentative. In the second, he let Biden dig his grave and then calmly threw dirt on him. For example, when Biden said he will shut down the oil industry.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:52 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
I’m sure he laughs. In many moments, he’s clearly enjoying himself. I think his best laughs come from a very dark place so you don’t see true belly laughs in public. I’m sure he’d be laughing himself to tears watching a political opponent being tortured. He’s that kind of guy.
Oh, the irony of a Democrat Party supporter saying this after they have tortured Trump with baseless personal smears, accusations, and lawsuits for over six years.

The rule is once again proven - anytime a Democrat accuses someone else of doing something, they are guilty of it themself.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:52 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
He is the PT Barnum of the 21st Century preaching his Lost Cause V2.0, and you know what Barnum said....

Old 03-14-2024, 10:04 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
What attributes does trump have that will give him your vote?

Its actually refreshing to see what Trump is doing to reform American politics in BOTH parties.

First, he is reforming the Republican party by exposing the corporate establishment Bush/Romney wing for the selfish greedy do-nothings that they are. Imagine instead a Trump lead Republican party that actually represents the interests of the middle class who make up the majority of its voters. Refreshing.

Second, and more important in the long run, he is reforming the Democratic party by breaking down the racist Democratic coalition politics that is an extreme long-term danger to American democracy. Plus he is able to reach over the Liberal media to expose how extreme far left the Democratic party has moved.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:13 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Trump’s legal troubles go back decades, not six years. He was being sued for all sorts of malfeasances long, long before he got involved in politics. The lawsuits, so called smears and accusations are far from baseless.
I see you are happily drinking the TDS Koolaid being served out daily by the MSM. Adulting pro-tip: They have an agenda. The MSM/Dems either put a heavily biased spin on something, or simply straight up lie about it. I'm surprised you didn't know this. You're welcome.

Has Trump been involved in some sketchy stuff? Likely. Has Biden? Pelosi? Harris? Just about any national level politician? You desperately need some perspective. Judging Trump without the context of his peers is disingenuous, at best. No, I don't like the fact that our choices come down to these clowns, but it is what it is. In the case of the current election, the lesser clown is Trump. And you know it.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:20 AM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Trump really should have been a televangelist because it is the profession that suits him best. His supporters are able to throw logic out and common reasoning out the window to support the guy. I see republicans and MAGA as two different groups. Conservatives will say I will vote for the guy even knowing his severe flaws because I would never ever vote for a Democrat. I can atleast understand this line of thinking because I find it reasonable. MAGA believes your either with me or against me. Your un-American and don't deserve the conservative title if your not 100% in. Anyone who disagrees with Trump is labeled a RINO and deserves to be banished from the party. If you voted for Bush, McCain or Romney you were a fool. Trump is the only human who can lead us to the promise land. They will either justify or ignore every law Trump has broken because is god status gives him a free pass. Reason and logic is thrown out the window just like the followers of televangelist. They are not to be questioned because they are doing gods work.
Same as Biden supporters, they supported him because he is NOT trrump

Old 03-14-2024, 10:28 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
What attributes does trump have that will give him your vote?
Promises made promises keep...Well except those that the democrats in congress voted against.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:30 AM

18,082 posts, read 15,664,302 times
It's fascinating that a guy who has been handed upwards of $300M (that's million) by getting his fans to send him money since 2020 is seen as not profiting from his presidency. He received $7.8M from foreign governments as president, mostly China. In addition, that same guy's daughter got exclusive deals from China while he was in office. That same guy's son-in-law was handed $2B from the Saudis.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:32 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Trump is the best choice and I know it? Come on man. Get real. In my OPINION, Biden is a better choice. If you have a different opinion, ok - I don’t hate you for it. The last time I checked this is still a free country. We’re entitled to different points of view. Why don’t we all just go to the ballot box, vote for whoever we think is the best candidate and agree to abide by the result whatever it may be?
Yeah go into the voting booth and vote for high inflation, crime, open borders and continuing proxy wars. Enjoy the fruits of your ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies