Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 12:17 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
2020 was an anomaly in Rs choosing not to vote by mail and Ds embracing it as almost virtue signaling. TBH- Rs were stupid to disparage it as it was traditionally a strenght of theirs and I will never be convinced that Dems did not lose several tight congressional districts to ballots lost in the mail. People forget that US mail ground to a standstill in 2020.

In 2020- in big states that mattered (MI, Pa, Ga) it seemed the prevalent ration was for mail in to tilt about 2-1 Dem. They trended more Dem in Nevada and they trended R in Arizona. I'm not sure where you would see anything approaching the 90s for a Dem outside of a couple of cherry-picked precincts in Chicago, Philly or DC that already trend 80% plus Dem for all voters.
You are confusing "mail in" voting with absentee" voting.

Voting absentee requires voters to specifically request ballots.

With mail-in voting, ballots are mass mailed to everybody. It is. lot harder to monitor and control mail-in voting than absentee voting.

Knowing the Difference: Voting Absentee vs. By Mail

https://www.lwv.org/blog/knowing-dif...sentee-vs-mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 01:17 PM

10,845 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Because democrats cheat. It really is just that simple.
Now, they will gaslight with "there's no evidence" after having destroyed the evidence. But don't be misled by these greedy and conceited trolls. Democrats will say things like "the Right needs to have better policies and candidates" when in reality the Left is the party with severely compromised people and ideas. That's why democrats cheat. It's the only way they can win. When listening to democrats, ask yourself: does any of this make any sense for a normal person?
Democrats are not interested in what's good for the American people. Democrats are only interested in what's good for democrats.

if you read the methodology Marist puts out for their polls (and quinnipac sp?) they state that PA in general, but philly in partic, has a 5% slip factor built in due to generations of state run fraud. They LITERALLY put it in their calculations. You would think someone .....

Old 03-25-2024, 01:33 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You are confusing "mail in" voting with absentee" voting.

Voting absentee requires voters to specifically request ballots.

With mail-in voting, ballots are mass mailed to everybody. It is. lot harder to monitor and control mail-in voting than absentee voting.
Incorrect. In Pennsylvania, we must request a mail ballot if we so choose.

No wonder there's so much confusion about voting procedures, with this type of misinformation floating about.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:36 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,213,642 times
I have a feeling that even if Trump wins in 2024 the Trump wing will still complain about fraud under some variant of: Trump won by more than the results said he won by, there is no way he didn't. Because nobody "with a brain" would vote for anyone other than Trump.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:43 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,048,608 times
Lol more of the butthurt "Dems only win bc they cheat" foolishness. Does whining about losing ever get tiring? Democrats haven't lost a Presidential popular vote in a very long time. It's not because of cheating, it's because of Republicans being the less popular party (nationally) for a very long time. It is what it is, though perhaps that is changing now. I guess we will see in November.

If Trump wins in 2024 all this "Democrats cheat" stuff is going to disappear as quickly as the Tea party did when Trump first got elected, because there will no longer be any political benefit to maintaining that dishonest battle cry. If Trump loses, the Republicans who yell NO ONE COULD EVER POSSIBLY VOTE FOR BIDEN IF HE WINS DEMS HAVE TO BE CHEATING!!! as loudly as they can will yell even louder as they throw their inevitable temper tantrums.

I can't imagine a more predictable outcome. And so the world turns.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:45 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,048,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I have a feeling that even if Trump wins in 2024 the Trump wing will still complain about fraud under some variant of: Trump won by more than the results said he won by, there is no way he didn't. Because nobody "with a brain" would vote for anyone other than Trump.
They might complain because that's just what they do. All the time. Complain and play victim, even when they win.

Just like their leader.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Incorrect. In Pennsylvania, we must request a mail ballot if we so choose.

False. not even true as of 2020. I was not *here* then I think, but I diagrammed the issue I had for a dead grandmother, whom I just so happened to be the executor for, AND own her old house.

PA DNC component is corrupt. Uber corrupt.

PS: before you answer, they sent me not 1, not 2, but *3* absentee ballots. I watched her lower into the ground in 2004, so Im like 99.9% sure it was not her. I get all the mail, I have known my mailman for 30 years. This was 100% unsolicited.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:02 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
False. not even true as of 2020.
I'm not surprised that your information is a couple of decades old. All voters must request ballots at least once per year.

https://www.vote.pa.gov/Voting-in-PA...ee-Ballot.aspx

Quote:
In Pennsylvania, you have two options for mail ballots.
  • Mail-in ballot – Any qualified voter may apply for a mail-in ballot. You may simply request this ballot without a reason.
  • Absentee ballot – If you plan to be out of the municipality on election day or if you have a disability or illness that prevents you from going to your polling place on election day, you can request this ballot type, which still requires you to list a reason for your ballot.
and
Quote:
What is annual mail voting?
When you apply to be an annual mail voter, you are indicating that:
  1. You want to receive a mail ballot for every election until the 3rd Monday in February of the following year. (You will automatically receive a mail ballot for any election during that period.)
    AND
  2. You would like your county board of elections to remind you to apply to vote by mail every year. By February, you will receive a paper request form for mail ballots for every election during that year or you can submit a request online.
You must submit a request to vote by mail ballot every year that you wish to vote by mail.
No voter in Pennsylvania receives a ballot unless he/she asks for one.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm not surprised that your information is a couple of decades old. All voters must request ballots at least once per year.

https://www.vote.pa.gov/Voting-in-PA...ee-Ballot.aspx

and
No voter in Pennsylvania receives a ballot unless he/she asks for one.

see I thot there was a reason I felt a little older than being 60, apparently, according to you, the difference between 2024 and 2020 is 'a couple decades'

You may request ballots in PA, for *ANY* election, via your local party house. *YOU* do not have to contact the DoS or the local registrar *AT ALL*

Quote:
Any qualified voter may apply for a mail-in ballot. You may simply request this ballot without a reason.

apparently, one of the reasons you dont need is LIFE. In no other election cycle did a mail ballot EVER show up.

She was a registered DEM longer than your parents have been alive, ergo they most certainly had her info, having lived there for 25 years. The request, was put in FOR her. Probably, from philly. *3** times.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:21 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Per title question - best gaslighting result of the last decade.

Somehow in the last 10 years, it just became the accepted "conventional wisdom" that by VAST majorities, all mail in, early, found, not_identified_with_photo_ID_at_polling_place, misplaced, or ballot harvested votes somehow are Democrat.

And by "VAST majority", I mean like >85% margins.

No idea how we all came to just say "uhm, sure, that makes sense, all non_id votes are Dem" but we did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies