Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 05:15 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,101 times

Advertisements

At what point in his life did George W. Bush earn his wealth?

Q: What is the most common way the top 4% have earned their wealth?

A:Inheritance.

The one thing that people who quote this tax data never include is wealth.

Q: Do you know how much of the wealth in America is controlled by the top 20% of households?

A: 91%.

That's why they pay more taxes.

The bottom 80% of us have 8.8% of the wealth.

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 05:16 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Believe me, change nothing, I understand your kind all too well.

Government educated? Implying YOU are some spiffy little privately educated? Or are you not educated?

HOW much background do YOU have in drug dealing and criminal activity to know just whether they earn their money or not? Just who is it you think apponted you arbiter of merit?
you do not know my kind at all. I have been to both public and private school, but I can tell your government educated because you sound programed. I have vast knowledge of all things.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
At what point in his life did George W. Bush earn his wealth?

Q: What is the most common way the top 4% have earned their wealth?

A:Inheritance.

The one thing that people who quote this tax data never include is wealth.

Q: Do you know how much of the wealth in America is controlled by the top 20% of households?

A: 91%.

That's why they pay more taxes.

The bottom 80% of us have 8.8% of the wealth.

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power
didn't I already call you out? if you are so liberal, why do you live in the most conservative city in the south when you are only minutes from the most liberal? you worship bob jones, that's why. that and asheville is a DUMP. I know, why don't we do this art. if barack's billionaire buddies would give away all their money to the poor, we wouldn't have a problem now would we? the example of a guy making $200k isn't an example of someone inheriting a huge sum of money. it's an example of someone with a good job who deserves more than someone who chooses to do less.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:30 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,760,723 times
the poor con man sells drugs and lives in the hood
the rich con man sells pharmaceuticals and lives in the suburbs

both sell drugs, both are con artists, but one is more socially acceptable. You find me one wealthy generous person and I'll find you 100 wealthy thieves.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post

both sell drugs, both are con artists, but one is more socially acceptable. You find me one wealthy generous person and I'll find you 100 wealthy thieves.
a generous wealthy person? you mean like ones who give to charity after the charity is stolen out of their paycheck?

Old 06-07-2008, 06:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you do not know my kind at all. I have been to both public and private school, but I can tell your government educated because you sound programed. I have vast knowledge of all things.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME, I had NO IDEA I was in the presence of someone who has "vast knowledge of all things"

You're free to start demonstrating that anytime you care to.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post

In the words of Don Henley:

"A man with a briefcase can steal more money than any man with a gun"

Old 06-07-2008, 06:17 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,777 times
I am poor but I am not evil. I have worked since I was 17 and am, well, am several decades older now. I raised my son by myself since he was 5 weeks old and worked all my life, no handouts. I paid into the Social Security system and now I am in need of knee replacements and cannot get them because I work for a company that has no sick time, no short-term disability and substandard insurance. You think I could get some of that Social Security money now? Heck no. I have to be half dead and the other foot on a banana peel.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post

And I can tell just how well YOU'VE been educated, the PROPER replacemnet for the bold word above would be you're

I can see your self-professed "vast knowledge of all things" doesn't include language skills

And BTW, "programed"(sic) gets TWO 'M's! I guess your "vast knowledge" doesn't include spelling either.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, if the standard of how deserving a man is is based purely on his $$$$ then Saddam Hussein was a GREAT man. Many drug dealers are making for more than your $200K example, I guess you'd find them truly deserving.
Burdell, please seek help with your inability to focus..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies