Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM

27,282 posts, read 15,436,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm trying to understand the emotional attachment to gay marriages here.. it seems that every 3rd post is about gays.. For a segment of the population that is so small, they sure do talk alot publicly about their relationships behind closed doors.

I've noticed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 05:32 PM

27,282 posts, read 15,436,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
I'm trying to understand the emotional attachment to gay marriages here.. it seems that every 3rd post is about gays.. For a segment of the population that is so small, they sure do talk alot publicly about their relationships behind closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I've noticed that.

.......and their "friends" too.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:40 PM

15,900 posts, read 21,522,041 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand the emotional attachment to gay marriages here.. it seems that every 3rd post is about gays.. For a segment of the population that is so small, they sure do talk alot publicly about their relationships behind closed doors.
None of the threads on the first page about gay marriage were started by gay people. In fact, most seem to be started by those who oppose gay marriage. Who has the obsession here?

Old 04-04-2015, 07:15 PM

4,421 posts, read 6,282,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Let it go? That post you quoted was from 2008 LOL Ya might want to let it go yourself
Let what go? I don't have a problem with the form. It's people like you that are still b******* about it seven years later. Nice try. LOL

Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,487,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not cool.

The really big rush to the altar was not expected to take place until Tuesday, which is when most counties planned to start issuing marriage licenses to gay couples. Local officials are now required to issue licenses that have the words "Party A" and "Party B" where "bride" and "groom" used to be.

Calif. gay couples get marriage licenses - Life - MSNBC.com
Meh. Have you ever looked at old marriage records? I have. Few even use the words bride and groom. Almost all only list the names of the two people involved. Those stupid Party A and B aren't needed either.

Go back 3 centuries, and the names sometimes include the parent's names… local traditions vary. Only the royalty gave a damn.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,548,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
It's my opinion. It cheapens real marriage to call two gays married.

I've argued the point before so I won't get into it with y'all. Have fun with it.
Laws can't effect a marriage. Only the people who are married can. If calling two gays married cheapens your marriage, what kind of a messed up marriage do you have?

Old 04-04-2015, 07:44 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,487,619 times
Quote:
A few months ago, there were 32 posts running at the same time about black kids. What else is new?

If you feel the need to come out, please do so. It appears some heteros must feel the need, as they appear to get upset when the gay folks do it. Repression is funny that way.

Personally, I never felt the need to express my own proclivities to anyone. It's nobody's business but mine. I don't care about whoever either.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:47 PM

37,164 posts, read 42,348,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meh. Have you ever looked at old marriage records? I have. Few even use the words bride and groom. Almost all only list the names of the two people involved. Those stupid Party A and B aren't needed either.

Go back 3 centuries, and the names sometimes include the parent's names… local traditions vary. Only the royalty gave a damn.
True. I just got my great grandparents marriage license from 1903, in Alameda County, CA, and there is no mention of "bride" or "groom", just a place for the names.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:30 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,716 times
Sounds to me like government has become just slightly less involved in marriage.

That's what y'all right-wingers supposedly want... right?

Last edited by turkey-head; 04-04-2015 at 08:44 PM..

Old 04-04-2015, 08:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,385,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Let what go? I don't have a problem with the form. It's people like you that are still b******* about it seven years later. Nice try. LOL
You were the one who posted a quote from 7 years ago not me, I'm pretty sure the OP let it go 7 years ago, ya might want to buy a sense of humor

Last edited by Roaddog; 04-04-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies