Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 AM

922 posts, read 1,909,163 times

Advertisements

I know of a rifle that was stolen, numbers given to the police, a year later it was found in a pawn shop in the same town by the owner. the hard part of getting it back was the local law lost the report or numbers to it. alot of good it did to have that registered with the cops themselves. many stolen guns that are recovered by police dont make it back to the owners because the police dont try to contact them. its easier for them to resell to local dealers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:42 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I know of a rifle that was stolen, numbers given to the police, a year later it was found in a pawn shop in the same town by the owner. the hard part of getting it back was the local law lost the report or numbers to it. alot of good it did to have that registered with the cops themselves. many stolen guns that are recovered by police dont make it back to the owners because the police dont try to contact them. its easier for them to resell to local dealers.
I pointed this out in another thread...

RESPONSIBLE gun owners don't allow their guns to be stolen. Therefore, if they were irresponsible enough to have the gun stolen, they don't deserve to get it back. You get it? Guns don't get stolen from RESPONSIBLE OWNERS. They get stolen from IRRESPONSIBLE owners.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 AM

137 posts, read 185,469 times
Default Learn about the Second Amendment, Hands ON

I am new here, and haven't had the time to read all of the posts in this thread.

That said, I would like to invite all of you here to a great event, it is called an Appleseed Shoot, put on by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA). The Appleseed is a weekend clinic that teaches marksmanship and American firearm heritage. There are several throughout the US and on various weekends, here is a link to the schedules http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?board=45.0 (broken link) or just www.rwva.org will get you there.

The cost of the clinic is $70 for the weekend, and children under 20 and active military get to shoot free. The instruction is top notch, and it is set up for people with no firearm experience up to the very experienced.

I am hosting the one in Carrollton, KY on March 31-April 1. If you PM me here, and let me know you are coming, I will pay for your weekend. If you do not have a rifle, let me know, I would be happy to loan you one of mine.

This would be a great opportunity to learn about the Second Amendment, hands on, and gain some useful skills as well as gain some historical knowledge.

Hope to see you there.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:42 AM

56 posts, read 253,801 times
+ funfaler welcome aboard.
We can use some critical thinkers .Rather than sheepole being led to slaughter.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM

so any theft is the fault of the owner? BS mean anything to you? you dont have a clue at all. wecome to the real world, you make such a blanket statement, does that imply you think that no crime happens to responsible people? or do you just want to single out gun owners? if so then no amount of responsibility would be enough for you, you dont like guns. If you think a safe is the final answer and yes they help, I know some crooks you should talk to. It can happen tp anyone.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM

Why dont you do your civc duty and turn those crooks in???

Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
so any theft is the fault of the owner? BS mean anything to you? you dont have a clue at all. wecome to the real world, you make such a blanket statement, does that imply you think that no crime happens to responsible people? or do you just want to single out gun owners? if so then no amount of responsibility would be enough for you, you dont like guns. If you think a safe is the final answer and yes they help, I know some crooks you should talk to. It can happen tp anyone.
How do guns get stolen from responsible people? You tell me.

I know crimes happen to responsible people, but that still doesn't mean they have guns stolen. I have one friend who keeps his gun in a floor safe UNDER the carpet UNDER a heavy armoire. Will his gun get stolen?

P.S. A regular safe is not a good place to keep a gun that you don't want to have stolen. Theives cart off those safes all day long. Gun cabinets and gun racks are not safe either.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
How do guns get stolen from responsible people? You tell me.

I know crimes happen to responsible people, but that still doesn't mean they have guns stolen. I have one friend who keeps his gun in a floor safe UNDER the carpet UNDER a heavy armoire. Will his gun get stolen?

P.S. A regular safe is not a good place to keep a gun that you don't want to have stolen. Theives cart off those safes all day long. Gun cabinets and gun racks are not safe either.
+1ub50
mark6052 hasnot had the ime to think critically about this .lets invite him to come around.
I would suggest that if cutting a hole in your slab,putting the safe in , and welding rebar to the sides b4 filling the hole with crete is not you r game then at least drill thruogh the bottom of the safe and attach it to the bolt that had previously put in your slab.
Only way to un do this is to first open the safe
Rember as americans we dont have the right to bear arms ,,,we shoulder the burden of the DUTY to bear arms ...just do it legally..please

Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM

americans dont have the right to bear arms? that says alot right there about who im talking to. concrete bunkers do help, are you aware of the law enforcement concrete bunkers in calif that got broke into. or military ones here in the US? so to be a responsible gun owner I need a bunker in my home? ok Ill do that.Ill make it big enough for my car, pesky car thieves, will that be enough for you anti-gunners? thanks for your insight. now how about those ganstas that have guns, what do you think?or are you only interested in honest people?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM

24 posts, read 17,926 times
With gangs roaming our streets and violent crime on a rise, law-abiding Americans need to protect themselves now more than ever. I don't own a gun, but I certainly feel safer if my neighbors do.

With all the robberies, rapes, murders, etc going on by roving bands of illegal alien and minority group gangs, we need to be more careful now than ever. Everyone saw what happened in New Orleans and what's happening in Houston and LA.

We need to protect ourselves now more than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies