Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
I have insurance but knew plenty in PA who didnt and to me your argument is flawed when you say -

"If you are in the middle is the problem... and usually your employer will cover it.."
what is wrong with the argument,, when almost 75% of insurance is paid from the employer.. Even working 7 dollars an hour in costco will get you insurance...

They will NOT cover it thats the Rep argument that employers will/should cover it but in truth more and more places do not .
Where are the numbers?

So a GROWING working population not small has a big problem.
OK,, less then 10%, I havent seen any evidence of a growing problem

The guys who installed my cable have no health care. I asked them.
Relying on employers which is the GOP ideology no longer works this isnt the 70s times have changed and continue to change.
Ok,, great conversation with your cable guy,,, Again where is the numbers???
----------
Actually yes it was a great conversation with the cable guys . We Cubans/Hispanics do chat and discuss things with each other openly ESP politics.

Numbers are a farce I call it the 'link wars" where everyone posts links to back up their side and the links go on and on.
You can get links from Right/Left sites to back up anything.

I knew plenty with no health care in PA and that is what I base it on .

Even if less than 10% its way to many they are human beings they are citizens they should be covered FREE if need be.
I know "Christian" conservatives Reps dont agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 05:07 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------
Actually yes it was a great conversation with the cable guys . We Cubans/Hispanics do chat and discuss things with each other openly ESP politics.

Numbers are a farce I call it the 'link wars" where everyone posts links to back up their side and the links go on and on.

Even if less than 10% its way to many they are human beings they are citizens they should be covered FREE if need be.
Well I am glad you are cuban, I am half cuban...
And again,, you can always go to a public hospital...
Which I used to work for a private hospital(now I work for a private one), and they have plenty of social workers to help you with your payment or to eliminate your payments.. so I dont see the problem.... Even private hospital have socialworkers...

Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Well I am glad you are cuban, I am half cuban...
And again,, you can always go to a public hospital...
Which I used to work for a private hospital(now I work for a private one), and they have plenty of social workers to help you with your payment or to eliminate your payments.. so I dont see the problem.... Even private hospital have socialworkers...

In PA the folks with no health care didnt go to hospitals till it was severe . America is in dire need of universal health care for those that are growing in numbers who have fallen through the cracks.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:12 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
----------

Why should they be covered free? Nothing is free. Everything has to be paid for.
The first law of economics is TNSTAAFL- There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM

I believe in a FREE lunch when it comes to citizens health and in long run I imagine it has to cost us more that they go to hospitals and never pay the bills.

We have LOTS of free lunches in America like corporate bail outs,list goes on but that GOP has no problem with but health care that they have a heart attack

Old 07-26-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
In PA the folks with no health care didnt go to hospitals till it was severe . America is in dire need of universal health care for those that are growing in numbers who have fallen through the cracks.
Again,, growning numbers,, no evidence..
If people dont go to hospitals that their problem not the governments....
Also is almost imposible to have UHC in the states...

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
I believe in a FREE lunch when it comes to citizens health and in long run I imagine it has to cost us more that they go to hospitals and never pay the bills.

We have LOTS of free lunches in America like corporate bail outs,list goes on but that GOP has no problem with but health care that they have a heart attack
They are not free. Nothing is free. Everything must be paid for. You can pay for it yourself or try to get the goverment to reach into other peoples pockets and get them to pay for it. No free-healthcare AND no corporate bail-outs. I'm being consistent...

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Why should they be covered free? Nothing is free. Everything has to be paid for.
The first law of economics is TNSTAAFL- There's no such thing as a free lunch.
What he wants is that the rich pays everything for everybody...

Old 07-26-2008, 05:45 PM

The rich pay less dollar per dollar than NON rich . They have tax shelters many cant even fathom . They as a whole arent sending their kids to wars they support.
Yes the rich can contribute a bit for once .
American citizens arent garbage if they have no health care than they should get it . Again I know GOP "Christian" conservatives dont agree .

And with that I must leave . Hope to see you at the Obama for Pres party next week in Miami its a fund raiser . Email me for details lol

Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The rich pay less dollar per dollar than NON rich . They have tax shelters many cant even fathom . They as a whole arent sending their kids to wars they support.
Yes the rich can contribute a bit for once .
American citizens arent garbage if they have no health care than they should get it . Again I know GOP "Christian" conservatives dont agree .

And with that I must leave . Hope to see you at the Obama for Pres party next week in Miami its a fund raiser . Email me for details lol
What????
Top 1% earning pay almost 40% of the federal budget..
and they are paying less dollars per dollar???
Federal tax for people making more then 350k is 35% the highest posible federal tax.. what do you want.. tax them 60% for your health care???
Oh,, and I am not in Miami,, NYC.. but was in Miami, I used to work in Jackson memorial hosp. IM doctor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies