Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,836,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
on the racial posts, i do i do. because of racial attitudes on the CDF. i am not white. 1/2 asian 1/2 mideastern what proof do you need read my profile. & thanks for reading my posts.

ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
In the end it realy means noting as long as peole their want to fly the flag. It just gets them in the news especaily since Obama is not one of teh old guadr of civil rights . he has pretty much made many of that crop of leaders ilrelavent and they need the issue.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,036,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
That flag being flown on state property in SC makes it a legitimate political issue.
Excuse you?

Its on a MEMORIAL to the Confederate soldiers on the statehouse grounds.

Since when is a related flag not allowed on a memorial? You might as well say we take the American flag off of every memorial we have.....

Find something else to do besides try to take away a piece of my heritage via a politicians platform.

I am proud of my state for thumbing its nose at idiots like the NAACP, and you can bet your boots that if they take it off that memorial, I'll vote against every last politician that did it.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 AM

13 posts, read 21,254 times
sure wouldnt want to do anything about 38,000 car jacking a year,

Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 PM

295 posts, read 320,896 times
I absolutely AGREE , the Confederate flag is on a memorial to the Confederate soldiers so how is this in anyway being racist!!! You have to remember the naacp was founded by jews and now that the funding is drying up they need to start making issues over a flag- a FLAG THAT REPRESENTS NOT ONLY SOUTHERN HISTORY BUT AMERICAN HISTORY!!!
If I were a resident of South Carolina I would've voted out those politicians responsible for removing the Confederate flag from atop the state capitol but at least they've shown some sort of courage by allowing it to honor the Confederate Memorial statue!
It amazes me how people say the flag hinders progress and divides but the number of tourists visiting SC continues to grow, maybe these actions by the goons of the naacp are seeing there demands backfire!!
My God has the naacp have any members with brains, look at the killings in our major cities, the crime rates and most of the crimes are black on black. I don't want classify blacks as being all the same because there is bad in all races but to say a flag is holding a particular race back-WHERE IS THE PROOF?
All Americans of African decent have a right to vote, live where they desire, work where they want and I think that applies to South Carolina too!
Why aren't our WHITE politicians doing more to integrate those HISTORICALLY ALL-BLACK COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES. Thats right most white politicians bend over backwards just to retain their own political ambitions and gains!!
KEEP THE CONFEDERATE FLAG AT THE MEMORIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,206,560 times
This whole issue frankly gets stale to me. If someone likes the Confederate flag being flown on their property for some reason or another I won't think any less of them. But, I certainly will keep my distance from them for my own physical and social reasons. And I'm quite sure that they'd want their distance from me. So in the end, we can all win.

I'm sure if one of you were walking down the street and saw an ethnic fellow with a red bandana hanging out of his back pocket you'd be across the street faster than the gent's saccadic masking could kick in. Is he necessarily a gangbanger? You can't know that. Will you take the risk? No.

The issue of flying it on public property is even less captivating to me, so I won't even get into that.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM

As for me it's not a physical or social issue, rather an issue about honoring American soldiers that died in war between the North and South. I would consider it an issue of heritage and yes I know that slavery occurred but remember this and this is a FACT-What flag was flying on those ships that brought Africans over to America?
Let us not forget that the North was also segregated and had seperate schools for there children too! How about those people from south of the border countries that have flag decals or flags hanging from their mirrors in their cars honoring their country? What right do they have to fly a flag honoring their homeland in America?
As for people wanting to keep their distance because of a Confederate flag all I have to say is NONSENSE!!! I think you're one of those people who just agrees with everything our good for nothing politicians tell you to believe!
During the Presidential debates they're so afraid to speak on the issue because they have no pride in their own country. I'll bet if you see a Communist Chineese flag flying you would be less scared!?!?
I will tell you what scares me is when I see a rainbow flag-I see the EXTINCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE!!
You see the Confederate flag wasn't made an issue until the NAACP and other anti-American self centered,one-sided bigoted idiots made an issue of it!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,144 times
visit [url=http://www.texasconfederateveterans.com]Texas Confederate Veterans Confederate Flag Project[/url]

Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The rebel flag is a symbol of the greatest treason ever committed against America. Those who revere it owe nothing to the Confederacy, which died over 140 years ago and left behind nothing but a legacy of hatred after a very short existence. The confederate flag flyers owe all the advantages they've enjoyed in their lives to America, yet they act like the CSA somehow provided their freedoms.
The CSA army had Blacks, Mexicans, and Native American Indians in its army, tell me , how many non-WHITES served in the UNION army???

Bring it on, Mister!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
The CSA army had Blacks, Mexicans, and Native American Indians in its army, tell me , how many non-WHITES served in the UNION army???

Bring it on, Mister!
Why are you bringing back year old threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies