Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times

Advertisements

Please let's stay on topic here and refrain from making personal insults.
Thanks.

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Please let's stay on topic here and refrain from making personal insults.
Thanks.
"Horrible Country" = staying on topic when the topic is a deserter in Canada?

'Splain, Luzy.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Which is as certain to descend on you as anyone else.

No hatred here. Just the truth. Which can sting.
Yes katzenfreund, this has strayed off topic. The insults must stop.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So the God of Yeledaf is the determiner of such truths? Judge, jury AND executioner? Methinks this God needs to learn better ways of dispensing his "wisdom".
Wow. Would you mind having a look at my resume? It could use some jazzing up.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
I feel sorry for him, i do not blame him from wanting to go fight israel's war in iraq, he had every right to flee and if i was him i would leave canada before september and go somewhere else, do not come back to this horrible country!

I have mixed feelings about it because he enlisted after both Iraq/Afghanistan began .

He was with 82nd which was headed for Afghanistan .

Imagine he was airborne infantry but was given non combat status/job because he was against the war.

Regardless of what infantry company he wound up in be it he stayed in same or put in another his life was going to be heal because he did not want to fight.

Either you fight or you wish you had fought after his chain of command was finished with him . He knew this which is why he went to Canada.

If I ran "things" I would give him dishonorable but NO jail time as he served as proudly as Dick Cheney and vast majority of war mongers.

Nothing a Neo hates more than a soldier who isnt thrilled about fighting their war.
After all you cant expect a Neo to fight.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes katzenfreund, this has strayed off topic. The insults must stop.
As I recall, you wielded the karmic hammer first, there, big M.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
The deserter is in the US Army and is an American, so discussing the US foreign policy and US politics in general seem valid to me... after all he might die fighting for this foreign policy.

However, calling people names and insulting them is not allowed.
Thanks for your cooperation.

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Yes, I can imagine what you describe and it would be about time for that to occur! This whole idea of security=military is an illusion, a very expensive one. It's about time we moved past things that no longer work. It's about time we all grew out of the fear that imprisons us and be sovereign to ourselves. We are human before we are Americans.

Why are some so willing to believe the military's strict rules are sacred while that same institution ignores all other rules of morality?

Oh, you edited your reply to mention the disgrace such refusals cause. I personally am not disgraced. I support anyone who does what he did. There is no honor in doing the wrong thing.
----------------
"Why are some so willing to believe the military's strict rules are sacred while that same institution ignores all other rules of morality?"

FANTASTIC so well said. To bad your not running for political office.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Rules of morality? Does honoring your word and contracts in life constitute a rule of morality? Honoring my obligations is definitely part of my moral compass.

The same goverment that wants you to honor your contract and rightfully so.

Will than turn around a do everything that they can to keep you "prisoner" .

They actually recently raised age think to 42 (not sure) to call back NG and reserves.

The GVMT makes up its own rules as they go along .

I have mixed feelings about this guy . Hope he doesnt get jail time but know he will .

Old 08-14-2008, 11:00 AM

375 posts, read 782,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I agree. He signed up, so he should honor his contract. If he is so opposed to war and/or shooting another person (the reasons he gave in the article), why the heck would he join the military in the first place? Doesn't make sense, and it's a lousy excuse for his dishonorable and cowardly behavior. I think the military and the US government should throw the book at him. What a jerk.
Most likely because of the false advertising done by the military recruiters office. I remember when I went for my interview the first thing out of their mouth is "go tour the world at the Gov's expense". They also like to say you may never see a day of battle and can very likely end up with a desk job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies