Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,267,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
If one believes that the military's contracts and rules are "anvils deliberately placed over their heads to rob them of their humanity," one shouldn't have joined the military in the first place. Plain and simple.

It's not as if the military and its functions and rules are secrets that aren't revealed until one signs on the dotted line. People who sign up to serve in the military know exactly what they're getting themselves into. I mean, come on. It's not a secret, it's not a surprise. By dishonoring his military service contract, the man is dishonoring this country, disgracing our military system which he willingly signed up to be part of, and committing a major crime. He should be made an example of, so as to prevent more soldiers from following in his traitorous footsteps.
Politico- come on. What a great country we would live in if all of us reneged on contracts and quit whenever we decided to recalibrate our morals to suit our lack of committment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,958,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I will be immune from its influence in this lifetime. I've done it too many times in other lives to fall victim to the same merry-go-round.
Okaaay. Gotcha.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,424,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
I feel sorry for him, i do not blame him from wanting to go fight israel's war in iraq, he had every right to flee and if i was him i would leave canada before september and go somewhere else, do not come back to this horrible country!
Well, the man signed a contract, he wasn't drafted but instead joined of his own free will. Likely he just wanted free schooling & never thought he might actually need to do something.

If you think this is a horrible country leave, I guarentee I wont lose any sleep over it. We have too many crybaby do nothings anyway.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,424,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
What purpose is served by such a sentence? What a waste of time and money.

This guy stood up for his own humanity. When one side of the contract commits any action that is morally suspect, the contract should be null and void. While you may see such "enslavement" as a necessary part of life in the twenty first century, I find it barbaric. I encourage every member of the military to do what their conscience says and ignore the anvils deliberately placed over their heads to rob them of their humanity. Reclaim who you are.

You do know he coulda simply resigned right? Theres ways out without running off like a scared girl.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-14-2008 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: personal attacks are not allowed

Old 08-14-2008, 05:16 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,617,549 times
Give him 3 choices
1) Iraq for a year in the worst cannon fodder job working for a civilian defense contractor but at military pay.
2) Cortmartial and short prison with permanent FELONY record.
3) Go to other country of choice, renounce citizenship of US and never come back.

Id vote #3. Just make him go away.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,736,370 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for him, i do not blame him from wanting to go fight israel's war in iraq, he had every right to flee and if i was him i would leave canada before september and go somewhere else, do not come back to this horrible country!
Don't let the door hit you in the a**, we won't miss you. So go ahead and pack your bags and leave.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,345,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
I think he was referring to the horrible things that this country does. Often. Go to Iraq and see the devastation. That country is destroyed. Hundreds of thousands of civillians deads. Millions displaced and in refugee camps in Jordan and Syria. Car bombs killing dozens every single day. The trauma these people have experienced is unimaginable. They deserved better than this. These are human beings for gods sake. This is what happens we you elect an IDIOT to the white house. neo-cons are scum.

To Neocons who have never served ESP the Neos here.

The Iraqis are not human they are things (they like being PC and saying they feel for them).
Neos "serve" by watching FOX "news" .

They go crazy when Russia goes into GA but when we invade Iraq based on total lie's and drop 1 ton bomb's on them for week/s that's no big deal.

Neos are scum and a danger to America and the world . They are the real enemy .

Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
You do know he coulda simply resigned right? Theres ways out without running off like a scared girl.

LMAO "You do know he coulda simply resigned right'

What military did you serve in. Oh that's right the FOX "news" military.

You can't resign it doesnt work that way your either kicked out on some type mental discharge, court martialed and you might if miracle get a general discharge .

If your unit is being deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan your not getting a General .

I hope anyone who isnt a FOX news comando who actually served besides myself reads this-

"You do know he coulda simply resigned right'

lol that's just to much. Yes he can simply resign like its a reg civilian job lmao oh man.

"Theres ways out without running off like a scared girl."

His mistake was not "serving" as "proudly" as the Neocons you pray to Green beret Rush Limbaugh- Navy Seal Shawn Hannity- Marine Recon Ann Coulter and Ranger Bill Oreilly

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-14-2008 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: edited quote that was partly deleted

Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Right on. Court martial him, fine him, throw him in the brig at hard labor, then deport him to wherever he wants to go with a one-way ticket. He signed a contract, he broke the contract, he deserves not a damned thing but the punishment that goes along with the contract.

Army doesnt have a Brig thats Navy (imagine Marine's) .

Ofcourse you wouldnt know . TYPICAL Neocon.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:

When you say horrible country. I know what you mean .

You mean how the country has become horrible under the insane Neocon administration and "christian" conservative bunch but the country itself your still loyal to.

We have a hijacked goverment.
Am I right?

If so I concur . Let's hope there will be changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies