Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should The United States Unilateral Disarm All Our Nuclear Weapons
Yes, other nations will follow our lead. 0 0%
Yes, in today's world we don't need them. 3 8.33%
Yes, we can use all the money to help our poor 0 0%
Yes 2 5.56%
No 18 50.00%
No. All politicians who suggest such a thing, motivations should be questioned. 17 47.22%
Not Sure 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,333,004 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that the Lefties have not mentioned China and Russia's nuclear weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,078,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I've noticed that the Lefties have not mentioned China and Russia's nuclear weapons.

I've also noticed that China and Russia do not have any troops on the ground actively engaged in belligerent combat, outside their borders. Under circumstances where there is a tacit and implied threat for them to use their nuclear weapons to deploy on another continent, to protect their own invasion forces.

(Except the Russians, in the past couple of weeks, on their own border, in a police action to prevent trouble that could spill across into their own territory, which is a temporary, atypical use of their troops. Roughly comparable to US troops on the Mexican border).

Old 09-09-2008, 05:11 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Then why don't we just treat everybody with friendship and hospitality and dignity, the way Norway and New Zealand and Paraguay do? Instead of constantly striving above all to make fools of ourselves and either enemies or lapdogs of everybody else? And let them like us or not, according to their shifting whims. If Al Qaeda hates freedom, why don't they bomb Norway?
AL aqaeda hates freedom, whose freedom? AMERICAS? why would they give a damn about american laws when they dont live here! does that makes sense? NO!i think all this other people hate americas freedom is B.S and a tool to take away peoples freedom actually more goverment control over US citizens

Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
people have mentioned it but guess what your bastardful country through your eyes actually is allies with them. and you failed to mention isreals nukes as well.....There prime minister admit they have the weapons, real talk!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The point was that while Pakistan has nuclear weapons, it is not threat to the US because Pakistan has no means to deliver their nuclear weapons, (unless they can somehow shot-put a 0.1 kt nuke to the US).

u never know, a leader may rise and and smell the cofee and tarnish US ties, americans seem to wonder why various countries hate the US, but dont want to read between the lines or learn what the US did for those countries to become enemies or hate americans. and save that freedom talk! The US has been full of it since day one

Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,078,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
AL aqaeda hates freedom, whose freedom? AMERICAS? why would they give a damn about american laws when they dont live here! does that makes sense? NO!i think all this other people hate americas freedom is B.S and a tool to take away peoples freedom actually more goverment control over US citizens
If anybody understood this, please post a translation. And the next two posts, also.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,198,826 times
Quote:
They aren't a threat since you have your fancy anti-missile system, and no, I'm not a "Lefty." I'm so far to the right I make Bush look like Eugene Debs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies