Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,434,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I think they completely intended to do some real harm. I suppose it could have been *worse* (as in, the could have laced it with psychotropic drugs or crushed glass...), but as it is, they chose to do something they were well aware could cause someone to have a bad reaction. Be it on a dare or not, the actions of these 2 put other people in danger of physical pain. And at 17, they *really* should have known better.

If it wasn't to cause physical pain and/or discomfort, then what do you think their intention was?

Great points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM

286 posts, read 805,007 times
Wow, I think alot of people on here need to take some laxative themselves because they seem to have a stick stuck up there and it doesnt want to come out...

Old 09-16-2008, 02:54 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,722,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
too many laxatives can make you really sick. they deserved to be expelled.
Are there documented cases of this? I don't consider annihilating a toilet to be dangerous, merely an inconvenience or a source of humor if your not the victim.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM

286 posts, read 805,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Are there documented cases of this? I don't consider annihilating a toilet to be dangerous, merely an inconvenience or a source of humor if your not the victim.
no there isnt. whats going on here, is that these people are so backed up, that all the crap they are holding in is starting to come out of there mouth

Old 09-16-2008, 03:11 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
I will offer this. I once took two laxatives once. it made me so sick that you can't imagine. these girls could have put an entire box into the batter, and it could have made someone sick for a day. you never know what could have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I have to disagree; I can see them being suspended, yes. Expelled for a stupid prank that intended no real harm, no.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,858,030 times
try taking more than the recommended dosage of a laxative. I did it once. it didn't make me poop, it made me puke, and puke all afternoon. this came after severe cramping, sweating, and turning green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post

Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
no there isnt. whats going on here, is that these people are so backed up, that all the crap they are holding in is starting to come out of there mouth
Yes, there are.

Quote:
SIDE EFFECTS

Common Side effects with the bulk-forming laxatives are wind and a swollen abdomen. They can also cause blockage of the intestine.. Stimulant laxatives can cause stomach pains and cramping, and too large a dose can cause diarrhea. Osmotic laxatives can cause wind, cramps and discomfort in the abdomen.

USE LAXATIVES WITH CARE IF ...

You should use a laxative with care if you:

-- have a narrowed intestine, or one that isn't working properly

-- are elderly or debilitated (some laxatives can alter the balance of fluid and important body chemicals such as sodium and potassium. People who are frail or ill may be unable to adjust to these changes)

-- have kidney or liver disease (especially with laxatives containing magnesium salts, as an excess of magnesium can build up in the body if these organs are not working properly)

-- are pregnant or breast feeding (especially with macrogols - see list of common laxatives below)

WHEN TO AVOID LAXATIVES

-- If you are sensitive to gluten or have coeliac disease, avoid wheat bran.

-- If you have an inflammatory diseases of the intestines such as ulcerative colitis laxatives, particularly macrogols, should be avoided.

INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINES

Do not take any other medicines or herbal remedies with a laxative, including those you have bought without a prescription, before talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
Laxatives. What are laxatives for? Which laxative? Side effects. When to avoid them

I'm sure these two girls had prior knowledge of all teachers' medical histories.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,415,325 times
Jail time to set an example is appropriate, IMO.

I look at something like this as comparable to talking on a cell phone while driving... or texting while operating a train. Doing something like this looks funny when you don't really think about the potential, but if one person ingested something and was personally hurt, lost an opportunity (suppose they were going to an interview after work), cramped while driving and killed someone by braking or driving to fast, then what?

If an adolescent trust-fund baby with no sense of a dollar's value to regular people stole a thousand dollars from one of these teachers, everyone would be appalled. However, adolescents with no sense of respect for others are laughed at and dismissed when they risk the health and well-being of many people. WTF is that? Would one of you who thinks it's okay please explain the difference in those situations?

Old 09-16-2008, 03:34 PM

I don't believe that they will do jail time. IF they are charged they will end up doing community service. Hopefully, changing diapers in a long term care facility.

I hope the expulsion holds.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:24 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,038,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I think they completely intended to do some real harm.?
If they intend to do real harm, they bring guns to school, not over-the-counter products from their drug store. Obviously, their intent was not to cause any harm at all, but cause a teacher some embarrassamnt. People are not harmed by taking a crap, but it can be embarrassing, and the kids meant ho more harm than that. Lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I will offer this. I once took two laxatives once. it made me so sick that you can't imagine. .
And now the important question: Did you get over it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies