Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,690,852 times

Advertisements

I can not believe what I read in the Sun-Sentinel today about how they want to use the Orange Bowl as party HQ to celebrate the death of Fidel Castro. Is that sick or what?

Old 01-29-2007, 10:01 AM

read the full story here...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 AM

banana republic...that's how my old Poli Sci professor at FIU once described Miami and it's political scene. Dr. Morena caught a lot of flack for that statement, but now his statement doesn't seem so outrageous.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM

929 posts, read 1,160,913 times
everyone knows miami is as classy as a comb-over or fake boobs.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 PM

155 posts, read 285,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
I can not believe what I read in the Sun-Sentinel today about how they want to use the Orange Bowl as party HQ to celebrate the death of Fidel Castro. Is that sick or what?
After what Fidel Castro has done, torturing and killing people who commited no crime but have different political and religious ideas then him, PARTY ON MIAMI!!!

Note: I am not Cuban, not even Spanish, but people should party when such an evil man dies. These Cubans have suffered enough, let them party!

I know I will have a barbecue the day Osama Bin Laden dies.

PARTY ON MIAMI!!! Fidel will be gone soon!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,405,798 times
A party! How could they have a party to celebrate someone's death. After all, he was just responsible for destroying a culture, killing thousands of people, taking everyone's properties, businesses, and any other assets. Forcing people out of the county with their family to start from scratch as well as forcing people to leave on rafts where thousands of men, women, and children have died by starvation/dehydration, drowning or eaten by sharks. They have left because they don't even have the basics and often put there kids hungry to bed at night.

They should be mourning him when he dies or throwing flowers out to sea. Give me a break. I was born here in the U.S. My parents and grandparents went through this idiot's regime. I for one will be very happy when I here the news that Castro is dead. I don't think that it wil make a difference anyway. The damage is done and there will be another clown to take over. Unfortunately, when that day comes, the idiot thugs that probably aren't even Cuban and could care less, will take advantage of the celebration and will loot, burn down the city and cause chaios. Then you will have your bigger idiots on this board saying "look at those cubans" instead of seeing the whole picture.

I'm sure that this thread will cause some nice controversy. I've said my peace so the communists and racists could go on and unload their comments. I will not reply to any ignorant people. Have a great life.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM

929 posts, read 1,160,913 times
i didnt think it was reason for celebration with saddam, i certainly dont think theres a reason for celebration with castro.
celebrating someones death is just asking for something bad to happen to you. its like wishing bad things on someone.
people need to be more humble and reserved.
pride and arrogance will come back to get you.
simply put, its gloating and its wrong

Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM

I don't have a problem if some Cubans want to celebrate the end of a dictatorship in the land of their birth. I, and apparently a lot of others, have a problem with the city government sponsoring and funding such an event.

You're fooling yourself if you think the day after Castro dies, the island nation of Cuba will open it's doors and welcome the Western world. The regime there is more than just one man. I've been told repeatedly by a number of older Cubans that they are "exiles" residing here in the US. I doubt you'll see an exodus back to Cuba after the fall of communism there. What will probably happen in the large corporations will go in and buy up all the land for development. It'll turn into the Vegas of the Caribbean.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,173,538 times
Nope. Not sick at all. Better to have a "controlled" environment than just let everyone do their own thing. And believe me, we Cubans can make a lot of noise. We are also not the looting type (for the most part).

I am all for celebrating for daysssssss. I was very happy about Saddam's execution too. Why should these bast**** not have to suffer like they've made others suffer?

But it's true too, Castro's death won't change anything overnight. There's still a lot of bad seed in Cuba running everything but they are smart too so I think they will start to change their tune sooner rather than later.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:02 PM

566 posts, read 2,060,856 times
I don't wish death on anyone as that is God's will...
Butttt....I sure as heck we be verrryyyy happy the day God decides to take him away! Yes, yesireee.....
I'm not Cuban and have never been there, but I'll tell you something...the day I see a little hope there, I'll certainly be visiting and try to help in whatever way I can.
I can't wait to witness the reconstruction of Cuba - the way it was prior to 1959, with everything equivalent to the U.S.- they were like one with everything imaginable and to par with the states - lacked nothing. My late grandma visited there at times on some sort of water taxi decades ago. She came back w/wonderful stories & beautiful photos. Imagine this huge island is only 90 miles away.
Anyhow, won't be easy but if there is one thing I have learned here from the hard working tax paying majority of legal Cubans, they have hutzpah!
Party on MIAMI !!!!!!!!!! I'll be out there with you, too!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Last edited by lulu; 01-29-2007 at 03:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies