Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,616,189 times

Advertisements

BAGHDAD — Iraq is paying for more of its own reconstruction but is still struggling to spend its multibillion dollar surplus as it copes with a flood of oil revenue and a cumbersome approval process meant to curb corruption, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
Iraq could finish the year with as much as a $79 billion cumulative budget surplus as oil revenues add to leftover income the Iraqis still haven't spent on national rebuilding, according to a report by the Government Accountability Office made public Tuesday.
In Washington, senators renewed calls for Baghdad to pay more for its own reconstruction, which has been heavily supported by hard-pressed American taxpayers.
FOX-News

Senator Obama believes we never should have gone to Iraq, I wonder if anyone feels they should send us their surplus? If nothing else, should the taxpayers continue to fund Iraq's national rebuilding during a financial crisis? Perhaps I'm missing how this helps us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:04 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,692,442 times
The check is in the mail. Besides, see below - we cannot be having a problem:

"Iraq is a very wealthy country. Enormous oil reserves. They can finance, largely finance the reconstruction of their own country. And I have no doubt that they will."
Richard Perle, chair
The Pentagon's Defense Policy Board
July 11, 2002

OR
CNN: Cheney: Iraq will be 'enormous success story' (Google for link)
OR

YouTube - Cheney: "You're dead wrong" on cost of Iraq war

Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,788 times
I thought the libs said we were going for oil, now you want their money too.

Typical, lets take their money and give to our homeless people who wont work.

Great idea.

Obama keeps saying this over and over but will not ever go any further. Why because he also has said we have went to Iraq for the oil and money from it.

Their surplus is from oil, so now you want that to.

Now I see why you are a solid Obama fan club member.

I asked this question 3 weeks ago and you did not even post in it. Wonder why? Did Obama send you a little email telling your to troll this item?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,616,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I thought the libs said we were going for oil, now you want their money too.

Typical, lets take their money and give to our homeless people who wont work.

Great idea.

Obama keeps saying this over and over but will not ever go any further. Why because he also has said we have went to Iraq for the oil and money from it.

Their surplus is from oil, so now you want that to.

Now I see why you are a solid Obama fan club member.

I asked this question 3 weeks ago and you did not even post in it. Wonder why? Did Obama send you a little email telling your to troll this item?
Typically I don't respond to posts that have little to no thought process behind them. I post threads based upon some thought that comes to me, that I feel others may either wish to discuss, or expand upon. Many times I post threads in search of a broader view or to look at someone else's point of view.We're spending Billions in Iraq. Perhaps you'd like to tell us what we're receiving in return - besides an economic collapse. I do find it particularly telling that you rarely answer a question posed in a thread topic and many of your responses are cut and paste repetetive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies