Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,608,271 times

Advertisements

I need your help...

I was listening to the Hannity show on the radio today. He is ranting about this and he's ranting about that. So it got me to thinking and pondering a question.

What have individuals done to help our crises situation? Is there anything we can do besides whine and throw a fit? If so, what is it?

No labels here on this thread as we are all in this sinking boat together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 11:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
An art of war approach to our financial system and government. Kaizen Blitz it. Six sigma it. Choke out the bottlenecks. Something.... I have a rather simplistic view. If you are in a financial crisis you do at least one of two things. Make more money or slow spending down. There are many other approaches though you have to break the system down and attack the worst bottle neck.

You yourself can donate more money.... volunteer.... donate...etc.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 AM

One woman on the show mentioned that she was writing letters to her congressman. Is this something other people are doing? If so how effective is it?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
BigJon's idea of donating to a favorite cause, and volunteeriing to help others...and getting our own financial houses in order are really all we can do. Write the congresspeople, keep in touch with them...go to local government meetings and get involved with your local government.

And read the news! From all different sources around the world.

Hope all is well with currer.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 PM

I like the idea of volunteering. I'll look up the organizations in my local area and see which ones strike an interest. Oh and reading the news or learning of the news from around the world I have that at letters.com.

Is there any other idea that I may be missing that would be most helpful to this nation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies