Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times

Advertisements

Thread: I thought this would be interesting to hear some of the questions people may have about the urban inner city (the hood). I will answer the questions to the best of my ability- if anyone else could elaborate on the answers I give that will help. This thread was simply made for people who had questions about an enviroment that they wanted to know more about or always had question but couldn't find the right person to ask- Me and people like me

Last edited by Bo; 01-16-2009 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Moved from General US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 01:25 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,110,686 times
Stuff White People Like #87364: Learning about the hood from the safety of Internet message boards

Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
What color is the sun in "the hood", and how many moons do you have???

Old 10-23-2008, 04:32 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
What color is the sun in "the hood", and how many moons do you have???
The sun never shines in the hood, so I don't know what color it is- also at night we aren't able to see the moon because there are Stratocumulus perlucidus clouds blocking the moon's light

Old 10-24-2008, 03:11 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
The sun never shines in the hood, so I don't know what color it is- also at night we aren't able to see the moon because there are Stratocumulus perlucidus clouds blocking the moon's light
But there is constant rain and eerie lightning and the occasional burning building.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Okay. I'm game. This is coming from somebody who lived in close proximity to the 'Hood, have done a great deal of work with families in the hood, coached little league baseball, and a little bit of everything else.

1) Why can't you idiots stop shooting each other?

2) And what is all this macho posturing about? I think Martin Luther King had more testicles that all the Crips and Bloods put together, and he never shot anybody. Come to think of it, MLK never packed anything but a Bible and a first-class mind. He wore a jacket and tie, and spoke some of the most eloquent words ever voiced in the English language.

3) And if you guys are all about getting respect, why don't you guys learn to talk like educated people rather than like you just jammed a bag full of Stay Puff Marshmallows in your mouth? A man who can talk to me in clear, precise English gets a lot of respect from me, regardless of whether he's white, black, red, yellow, brown, or green with eyestalks. And that goes for pretty much everybody else in the world.

4) And what's the deal with all the ugly jewelry and outsized hubcaps on the cars? I know that's probably cool in your tiny little world, but the rest of the world thinks it's something to make fun of.

5) Oh, and why do you guys insist on blasting your music so that everybody in the Zip Code can hear it? Are you compensating for some feeling of inferiority?

6) Having done my share of work in the inner city with kids, what's with you guys knocking up somebody and disappearing the minute she tells you she's pregnant? I mean, a real man would stick around and be a father to the child.

7) If you gangbangers can lift weights for hours, dunk a basketball, or memorize rap lyrics, why can't you hold down a decent job or study for your high school biology exam? Because the guys who make it in this world are the ones who have brains. Meanwhile, the highwater mark of your life will be assistant manager at a car wash.

8) What's with rap, anyway? Don't you realize how boring it is, and what total frauds those guys are? For guys who get off on being streetwise, don't you realize how badly you're getting played by them?

9) Why don't you guys learn how to dress? The jewelry makes you look as if you're secretly pining away to be Elton John's special friend on Saturday night. And the outsized clothes that hang off of you like curtains looks as if you're wearing the castoffs from your cousin Stumpy who just returned from a successful six-month trip to the fat-farm.

10) Can you speak two or three successive sentences without the f-word? I know you weren't paying attention in English class at Booker T. Washington High school, but didn't you learn any vocabulary at all?

11) What exactly is the attraction of prison? Is it so fun to you that you can't wait to rob a liquor store so you can go back?

Thank you. I've really always wanted to ask these questions.

Last edited by cpg35223; 10-24-2008 at 05:16 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 06:20 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Ohhhhh boy. This one's gonna require monitoring. There goes our weekend.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Ohhhhh boy. This one's gonna require monitoring. There goes our weekend.
Why? He wanted to answer questions. I wanted to ask them.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. I'm game. This is coming from somebody who lived in close proximity to the 'Hood, have done a great deal of work with families in the hood, coached little league baseball, and a little bit of everything else.

1) Why can't you idiots stop shooting each other?

2) And what is all this macho posturing about? I think Martin Luther King had more testicles that all the Crips and Bloods put together, and he never shot anybody. Come to think of it, MLK never packed anything but a Bible and a first-class mind. He wore a jacket and tie, and spoke some of the most eloquent words ever voiced in the English language.

3) And if you guys are all about getting respect, why don't you guys learn to talk like educated people rather than like you just jammed a bag full of Stay Puff Marshmallows in your mouth? A man who can talk to me in clear, precise English gets a lot of respect from me, regardless of whether he's white, black, red, yellow, brown, or green with eyestalks. And that goes for pretty much everybody else in the world.

4) And what's the deal with all the ugly jewelry and outsized hubcaps on the cars? I know that's probably cool in your tiny little world, but the rest of the world thinks it's something to make fun of.

5) Oh, and why do you guys insist on blasting your music so that everybody in the Zip Code can hear it? Are you compensating for some feeling of inferiority?

6) Having done my share of work in the inner city with kids, what's with you guys knocking up somebody and disappearing the minute she tells you she's pregnant? I mean, a real man would stick around and be a father to the child.

7) If you gangbangers can lift weights for hours, dunk a basketball, or memorize rap lyrics, why can't you hold down a decent job or study for your high school biology exam? Because the guys who make it in this world are the ones who have brains. Meanwhile, the highwater mark of your life will be assistant manager at a car wash.

8) What's with rap, anyway? Don't you realize how boring it is, and what total frauds those guys are? For guys who get off on being streetwise, don't you realize how badly you're getting played by them?

9) Why don't you guys learn how to dress? The jewelry makes you look as if you're secretly pining away to be Elton John's special friend on Saturday night. And the outsized clothes that hang off of you like curtains looks as if you're wearing the castoffs from your cousin Stumpy who just returned from a successful six-month trip to the fat-farm.

10) Can you speak two or three successive sentences without the f-word? I know you weren't paying attention in English class at Booker T. Washington High school, but didn't you learn any vocabulary at all?

11) What exactly is the attraction of prison? Is it so fun to you that you can't wait to rob a liquor store so you can go back?

Thank you. I've really always wanted to ask these questions.
Woah dude chill. Everyone in low income areas are not like this. Whatever problems that are in the hood, they are social problems due to bad social infrastructure.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Woah dude chill. Everyone in low income areas are not like this. Whatever problems that are in the hood, they are social problems due to bad social infrastructure.
Well, I'm thinking in terms of the Boys n The Hood, not the hard-working families who try to make it every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies