Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM

380 posts, read 692,045 times

Advertisements

Hatred begets and is corner-stoned by ignorance! It's easier to spew hatred and venom when one can hide behind the title or guise of a political party, since it confuses the issue by intertwining racism with politics. Unfortunately, even with President Obama being a phenomenal leader, many people-Republican & not-refuse to get past President Obama's race, whether they admit it, or not! They can't believe he was elected and are doing everything in their power-by any means necessary...oh, yeah, evil...to ensure the President's not re-elected! That means, illegally, or not as well. How sad, unfortunate and tragic! Jealousy will get people nowhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:09 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
Because it saves them from actually having to come up with practical, viable, meaningful plans that might benefit the average American.

They work on the premise if you can't dazzle with brilliance baffle with BS

Last edited by burdell; 02-02-2011 at 11:21 AM..

Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because it saves them from actually having to come up with practical, viable, meaningful plans that might benefit the average American.

They work on the premise if you can't dazzle with brilliance baffle with BS

Old 02-02-2011, 02:34 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
While it was true that they were harsh, Robert Bork is pretty haughty and self-righteous.

I'm pretty sure that's just an urban legend.
Attacking a man's charater to the point that becomes a new adjective, "being Borked", is not just not liking a guy because you deem him "pretty haughty and self-righteous"

You are "pretty sure" How old are you?

Travelgate (http://gfreitag.tripod.com/Travelgate.html - broken link)

Excepts from House Oversight Committee Report:

The full report can be found on: http://www.house.gov/reform/reports/whiteh.htm
The pursuit of Billy Dale:
"Predictably, Dale was acquitted in less than 2 hours by a jury of his peers."

'Unfortunately, Mr. Dale's speedy acquittal did not put an end to his 3-year ordeal. The IRS pursued Dale, threatening income tax audits. The IRS also was busy in Smyrna, TN auditing the company that did business with Mr. Dale at the Travel Office, UltrAir.

Only recently was Mr. Dale given a clean bill of health by the Internal Revenue Service after 3 years of intense scrutiny. UltrAir had no tax liability and an owner of UltrAir received a $5,000 refund before the IRS gave up its search for any shred of evidence to justify its harassment of this small struggling business"

Old 02-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
Hatred begets and is corner-stoned by ignorance! It's easier to spew hatred and venom when one can hide behind the title or guise of a political party, since it confuses the issue by intertwining racism with politics. Unfortunately, even with President Obama being a phenomenal leader, many people-Republican & not-refuse to get past President Obama's race, whether they admit it, or not! They can't believe he was elected and are doing everything in their power-by any means necessary...oh, yeah, evil...to ensure the President's not re-elected! That means, illegally, or not as well. How sad, unfortunate and tragic! Jealousy will get people nowhere...
Wow. You talk about ignorance of others and you post this drivel.

It is you throwing out the race card. I think it is you are refusing to admit to being racist.

PSSST, People don't like Obama's policies. You think he is being a phenomenal leader. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Most do not share your opinion.

Others do not and race has nothing to do with it.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
if you do not hear them blaming everything on Bush you must live under a rock of someplace similar.

Nita

I read the newspaper, I don't see anyone attacking Bush. Let me do a search of this forum using the terms "Bush" and "fault" and see how many threads come up.

There may be one. But I don't expect to find many. Bush is old news.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I read the newspaper, I don't see anyone attacking Bush. Let me do a search of this forum using the terms "Bush" and "fault" and see how many threads come up.

There may be one. But I don't expect to find many. Bush is old news.
You obviously aren't reading the right newspapers.

Google

Old 02-03-2011, 05:33 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You obviously aren't reading the right newspapers.

Google
You know REALLY didn't make your point with that link. The NEWEST articles (which are really just different news agencies reporting on the SAME event) are SIX MONTHS OLD. Aside from that single instance nearly everything else is from 2009, 2008 or even 2007 (nearly FOUR YEARS AGO).
TKramar may not be "reading the right newspapers" but it seems to me that you are not reading anything "current" - which was TKramar's POINT. Not alot of attacks on Bush anymore.

Ken

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 PM

380 posts, read 692,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Wow. You talk about ignorance of others and you post this drivel.

It is you throwing out the race card. I think it is you are refusing to admit to being racist.

PSSST, People don't like Obama's policies. You think he is being a phenomenal leader. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Most do not share your opinion.

Others do not and race has nothing to do with it.
"Most" shared my opinion in November 2008 when President Obama was elected as President...and "most" currently share my opinion: Read the polls/President's approval ratings.

BTW: Being mindful and honest about race relations and racism don't make one a racist; it just shows one's informed and pensive!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
"Most" shared my opinion in November 2008 when President Obama was elected as President...and "most" currently share my opinion: Read the polls/President's approval ratings.

BTW: Being mindful and honest about race relations and racism don't make one a racist; it just shows one's informed and pensive!
Yeah, Obama will be EASILY re-elected. Even at the depths of the recession or during the heat of the last election his approval ratings remained well above those lows of Reagan (the last President who had to deal with such harsh economic conditions) - and just as Reagans horrendous low approval rating recovered along with the improving economy so will Obama's. The economy is WELL on the road to recovery now (after a bit of hesitation last summer) and that bodes very well for Obama's relection in 2012.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies