Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:05 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,396,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
They continue to bash...and not only bash but do ridiculous bashes...because:

1. They have nothing positive to say for their own candidates

2. This is the way their side has been doing politics for the past 8 years and they don't know anything else.

3. They are afraid...they have been so brainwashed that they actually believe the lies told about Obama and they are truly afraid.

4. They are mean and don't play nicely with others.
Had to chuckle at the last point, but yeah, you are basically right - and the McCain Campaign essentially admitted much of it when it accidentally released the memo stating that if they continued to campaign on issues they were going to lose, so they needed to attack Obama personally.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,739,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I have yet to see the republicans go after anyone as viciously as the Obama supporters have gone after Sarah Palin. They have gone waaayy beyond legitimate questioning of her credentials and attacked her husband, her hairstyle, her choice in clothes, her teenage daughter, her future son-in-law, her Down syndrome infant and any other information about her that sees the light of day. This forum alone is an excellent example.
His Followers will no doubt say that this is OK. They must do whatever they have to do to get Obama into office. After all, everyone knows only the republicans would stoop so low as to bash candidates. The Followers try to act as if they are above dirty politics. But they can only keep this act up for so long, then the veneer wears thin and the slob shows through....
Excuse me, but those attacks are lightweight compared to what Obama has had to deal with. The anti-Christ, Muslim, Marxist, Terrorist, Anti-American, Illegal Alien, need I go on . . . ?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Excuse me, but those attacks are lightweight compared to what Obama has had to deal with. The anti-Christ, Muslim, Marxist, Terrorist, Anti-American, Illegal Alien, need I go on . . . ?
Yup, and in addition, the attacks against Obama had been going on for MORE THAN A YEAR before Palin even came on the scene. I don't think any US Presidential Candidate in history has come under as withering barrage of nasty, brutal and personal attacks as has Obama - and yet he's still in the lead.

Ken

Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,489,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Obama's wife and children have not been subject to anywhere near the scorn and abuse Palins' husband and children have had heaped on them.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Obama's wife and children have not been subject to anywhere near the scorn and abuse Palins' husband and children have had heaped on them.
Obama's wife has - much of it by people on this very board.

Ken

Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,267,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?
This from the poster who has said
Quote:
Well, duh. When was the last time a republican didn't cheat or steal?
Quote:
They were dropped on their head when they were little.
Quote:
Wow. They are becoming desperate. Either that or stupid.
And that was just the first few links I looked through..

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,739,131 times
Quote:
I must have missed some of the scorn you are referring to. I do remember Obama saying that Palin's daughter was off limits, and some discussion of Todd's complicity in Troopergate. I also remember some really nasty things said about Michelle Obama.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,129,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup, and in addition, the attacks against Obama had been going on for MORE THAN A YEAR before Palin even came on the scene. I don't think any US Presidential Candidate in history has come under as withering barrage of nasty, brutal and personal attacks as has Obama - and yet he's still in the lead.

Ken
In point of fact, someone said to me the other day that they had decided to vote for Obama BECAUSE of the way he handled all the attacks with such dignity.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,453,150 times
Quote:
I know both sides are bashing each other, but why the republicans doing it the most to Obama? The more they do it, the more the polls go toward Obama. Shouldn't they be talking about the issues instead of worrying about Obama?

*LMAO* I just about spit my drink out reading this. Are we on the same planet?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,489,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Obama's wife has - much of it by people on this very board.

Ken
I think the Palin bashing threads lead the Michelle Obama bashing threads by at least 10:1 on this board. The media also shows a definite bias towards going after Palin as opposed to criticizing MO. Now part of this is understandable. Anyone talking smack about MO (or any african-american) could be accused of 'racism' or a 'hate crime'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies