Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,557,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes. Too many have forgotten.
Including George Bush and the cast of corrupt bastards he has surrounded himself with.

Remember his little ditty out of the mouth of Dumbay "I'm truly not concerned about him"?

YouTube - Bush "truly not concerned" about bin Laden!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,964,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Including George Bush and the cast of corrupt bastards he has surrounded himself with.

Remember his little ditty out of the mouth of Dumbay "I'm truly not concerned about him"?

YouTube - Bush "truly not concerned" about bin Laden!
Congrats. It only took 11 post to turn it into a Bush Bash.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,481,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Talking about your feelings and emotions is the best way to heal. I still feel as if a great number of those who were affected grieved for a while, and then just bottled up their emotions without fully coming to terms with what had happened. I suppose I did too to an extent because for years I had not even given 9/11 a second thought until tonight, and now I realized through my tears earlier this evening that there was still some unresolved emotions within me as well.
ScranBarre, and those who are interested in the original purpose of this thread:

This is an awesome site. Right after 9/11 a Canadian woman built these snow sculptures honoring the firefighters. They are quite extraordinary.

fire ice

Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,637,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Is that supposed to have some sort of rational meaning?

Defensive? No, my friend, more like insulted that you would have the arrogance of assuming some exalted sense (and thereby delusional) of self perception that you have some greater reverence for those events than others.
Save it for someone who buys it.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,690,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Congrats. It only took 11 post to turn it into a Bush Bash.
Agreed. Why does every thread I start on this forum inevitably turn into a brou-ha-ha by the second page? Am I really THAT controversial?!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,637,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Agreed. Why does every thread I start on this forum inevitably turn into a brou-ha-ha by the second page? Am I really THAT controversial?!
You could start a thread on the diatery habits of the emu and it would end up as a Bush Bash in this forum.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
ScranBarre, and those who are interested in the original purpose of this thread:

This is an awesome site. Right after 9/11 a Canadian woman built these snow sculptures honoring the firefighters. They are quite extraordinary.

fire ice
That was seriously beautiful seeing not only an angel comforting one of our heroes in uniform in his time of need but also seeing our neighbors to the North comforting us in our time of need. One thing that never ceased to amaze me was how chivalrous, compassionate, and grief-stricken the entire world was by that senseless and tragic day, not just the U.S. I can recall seeing images of people on different continents praying for us, weeping, etc., and it made me all the more proud to live in a global village.

This woman's work is absolutely beautiful!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You could start a thread on the diatery habits of the emu and it would end up as a Bush Bash in this forum.
I'm by no means the largest proponent of the Bush Administration (considering I voted Democratic on 11/4), but this is neither the time nor place to bring our president into the fray. The people who still think that he somehow had a role in this (i.e. the conspiracy theorists) ought to be 100% ashamed of themselves to imply that our leader would be complicit in the deaths of thousands of innocent people. He may have fumbled our economy into a rather severe recession, but a "murderer" he is not.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,094,734 times
I find it interesting that those farthest away from the events of 9/11 have the temerity to hold themselves up better than those who were far closer.

A new strand of chicken hawk.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I find it interesting that those farthest away from the events of 9/11 have the temerity to hold themselves up better than those who were far closer.

A new strand of chicken hawk.
Excuse me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies