Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 09:09 AM

495 posts, read 748,074 times

Advertisements

The selection of former Sen. Tom Daschle for President-elect Obama’s secretary of Health & Human Services could force Obama to break a campaign promise.

Link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
He'll break many. Those that voted for "change" are going to be sorely disappointed.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 AM

73 posts, read 133,263 times
Yeah, I'm laughin my butt off already.

1) Obama has appointed so many Zionists already, with Rahm Emanuel a full-blown Mossad operative as "Chief-of-Staff",the duped liberals, the antiwar voters, will totally screwed over by the Obama Jews. Wait and see. Today Obama announced he is KEEPING defense chief Robert Gates!

2) The pro-Federal Reserve types are rampant in the Obama appointees. They are all "globalists". So, the liberals will again get screwed and anyone who thinks Obama will keep his promises to Labor is a deluded fool. The "free-trade" globalists will run as wild under Obamanation as they did under Neocon Bush. The American worker is screwed.

Here is the man who spoke at the GOP convention and backed the Republican candidate:

Quote:
Lieberman: Obama 'about perfect' in Cabinet picks

By PAT EATON-ROBB – 17 hours ago
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman took another step Tuesday toward mending his relationship with Democrats, saying that Barack Obama's actions since winning the presidency have been "just about perfect."

"Everything that President-elect Obama has done since election night has been just about perfect, both in terms of a tone and also in terms of the strength of the names that have either been announced or are being discussed to fill his administration," Lieberman said during a visit to Hartford.
Change? Not reality. This kind of stuff has got to anger the Left as much as it does the Right. It's a joke. Other than immigration and anti-White bias, I'm not so sure the Left and Right are that far apart on what's good for America.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 AM

695 posts, read 1,377,569 times
Back to Daschle...

Frankly, the guy is a giant durfwad. Why or how anybody could take him seriously is beyond me. I lived in Minnesota for many years - next to Daschle's beloved home state of South Dakota (a place he hasn't been in DECADES). The guy was simply a laughing stock.

I wish Obama would have made a better choice.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I thought Daschle had shrivled up and blown away after the brouhaha involving his lobbyist wife.Guess not.(Isn't he lobbying now too?)

The book he wrote should make all those wanting national health care happy though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies