Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:01 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I think they are mandated to collect this information but it does make me feel awkward providing this information as I cannot guarantee that it isn't being used to screen me out because I'm white.

That info is used to screen out EVERY race .

It gives the company,employer the info he/she needs to eliminate certain people .

Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't recall being asked very often, and if I ever am, I just decline to answer. Not to be rude, but in reading the responses here, I'd guess that poor spelling/grammar is the main culprit in some people's employment difficulties - not race.
Some people are delusional aren't they? Heaven forbid that a black person or non-white Hispanic is actually more qualified than them. No it must be Affirmative Action (AA). I swear some of them have been taking pointers from Al Sharpton.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM

138 posts, read 196,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I find that this statement makes no sense. I voted for Obama because I wanted a change from the current crap administration. And he's a democrat, I'm a democrat so it makes sense to me.
Of course it doesn't make sense to you, because you voted for Obama.

The entire rest of the populace besides White single women (and some married White women) voted overwhelmingly and predictably along racial lines not just in the general election but also in the Dem primary.

It was the split of the White female vote, or even sell-out of the White female vote that gave Obama his majority over McCain.

I think it was shown that most married women voted for McCain. Correct that, most White married women did, as the non-Whites, women or men, never would have voted for McCain despite much pandering on his part to their interests.

You are in the ONLY demographic group that voted against your own. The only group.

Obama doesn't signify anything other than the ascendence of non-whites who vote for non-whites and pathologically like it that way. Get used to the United States becoming Brazil-like. And you voted for Obama. Wake up.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
If everybody exercises their right to refusel to mark the box, whaever shall they do? Would this become a less perfect union, owing to this lack of data? Would the government then be compelled to enact legislation mandating that every citizen must disclose his ethnicity if asked, by whomevere? Would this qulaify as "civil disobedience"? (How long has it been since you heard that word?)

Old 12-08-2008, 03:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
Of course it doesn't make sense to you, because you voted for Obama.

The entire rest of the populace besides White single women (and some married White women) voted overwhelmingly and predictably along racial lines not just in the general election but also in the Dem primary.

It was the split of the White female vote, or even sell-out of the White female vote that gave Obama his majority over McCain.

I think it was shown that most married women voted for McCain. Correct that, most White married women did, as the non-Whites, women or men, never would have voted for McCain despite much pandering on his part to their interests.

You are in the ONLY demographic group that voted against your own. The only group.

Obama doesn't signify anything other than the ascendence of non-whites who vote for non-whites and pathologically like it that way. Get used to the United States becoming Brazil-like. And you voted for Obama. Wake up.
Well then maybe you need to talk to all those white males that voted for Obama, I'm sure they'll be interested in hearing your racial commentary.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well then maybe you need to talk to all those white males that voted for Obama, I'm sure they'll be interested in hearing your racial commentary.
They might be. They ought to be.

One thing is for sure, Black, Latino, and Jewish males (and females) don't need to hear it, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY UNDERSTAND IT, and live their lives according to it, sticking up for what's good for their group interests without feeling guilt or selling out their own.

I bet McCain won the White male vote, but nowhere near the racial % that Obama got from Blacks, Jews, and Mexicans. Not even close.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
They might be. They ought to be.

One thing is for sure, Black, Latino, and Jewish males (and females) don't need to hear it, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY UNDERSTAND IT, and live their lives according to it, sticking up for what's good for their group interests without feeling guilt or selling out their own.

I bet McCain won the White male vote, but nowhere near the racial % that Obama got from Blacks, Jews, and Mexicans. Not even close.
Again, not seeing your point here. I'm sorry that you may not be getting the jobs you're applying for. Perhaps it has something to do w/you not being qualified enough?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are the one who felt the need to inject your racist rant into the discussion by asserting that white people are being unfairly treated in favor of ‘unqualified’ blacks who benefit from Affirmative Action and quotas.
So, if it's true why do you object to its hearing here? They are unfairly treated by a racist policy. Forget all the 1964 stuff, in the USA in the 21st Century the only people who are the subjects of lawful and legally sanctioned discrimination and racism are Whites. It's just the truth.

Quote:
I totally agree that whites are entitled to equitable treatment; as should every other race/ethnicity legally residing in this country. This country is comprised of more than the Caucasian race; I’m sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. Furthermore, white women have benefited more from Affirmative Action than any group. Do you also begrudge white women? Oh, that’s right, aren’t you in that category?
Women who benefit from Affirm Action displace White males. I guess White males benefit if they have wives that achieve. But since they mostly displace ONLY White males, statistically it's a break even or probably a net loss. Besides White women who "benefit" from the quotas probably would be earning anyway since they are smart. So, without the quotas (and the displacement of the male), you'd probably have a net gain and a higher 2-family income.

Quote:
BTW, all employers are not governed by Affirmative Action laws. Only the federal government and government contractors/subcontractors must comply. Others do so by choice.
Only the government must comply with anti-White racism? Oh, gee. Great. What is the government these days, about 1/3 of GDP and with Obama in there now to make it even bigger and more anti-White racist???

You must be mad if you think corporations do so by choice. As was outlined earlier they are strong-armed into it, they risk being shaken down if they don't, they are potentially targeted by racist groups with support from academia, media, etc. if they don't submit. They can be "boycotted" over not submitting. Look at truly private companies, do they comply? Do they want to? No, because they are free and not subject to the anti-white racists' measures.

If all this diversity-crap was so great you wouldn't need a billion-dollar industry to explain it and you wouldn't need to FORCE IT.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:30 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
White single women put Obama over the top.

No wonder they can't find a man to date them!!
Come again?? Not sure how voting for Obama would affect one's dating life... certainly didn't affect mine either way!

Quote:
Blacks, Jews and Latinos overwhelmingly voted for Obama because he was non-White. That's how HE BEAT HILLARY CLINTON.
I'm a Jew, and race had absolutely nothing to do with how I voted... I am also a woman, so why wouldn't my loyalty be with Hillary first? I was actually torn between the two, but voted for Obama because something about him spoke to me. But for the record, my Jewish mother, father & step-mother ALL voted for Hillary in the primaries - so there goes your (racist) theory.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,336 times
Some of you are truly paranoid. What a horrible self created Hell to have to live in. I pity you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.