Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-life or Pro-choice
Pro-life 66 35.68%
Pro-choice 119 64.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
-Sigh- Ive said this kind of thing before, I'll say it again.

So pro-lifers are telling me that if Ive used pretty much all the prevention available to me and still end up pregnant, I should keep the kid or put my body through unwanted hell to simply give it away like a gift basket?
People like me dont need, want, or even LIKE children. In fact, I cant stand the little beasts.
Yet Im supposed to either keep it or give it away?
What about married couples that dont want them at all? You surely dont expect them to do the horizontal mambo to prevent pregnancy do you?

Love it when people try to push their own morality and beliefs on MY body. Abortion is a procedure best avoided, but when it must be performed it is nothing more than a medical procedure that removes what is, in essence, a parasite.
Well I guess those people could always just get fixed and then have all the sex you want and not worry about having children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 PM

AGAIN--People need to put your self in there shoes!! You don't know what it would be like to have to give birth to a child you conceived because you were raped. Not because you were stupid and went out and hand unprotected sex.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:58 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There is a decidedly hateful attitude that would force an 11 year old child to carry the biological result of a rape.....a degree of hatefulness which is unimaginable to me. It is a contradiction of all my religious upbringing and morality....if the little girl can be spared the 9 months of feeling the violation growing in her body....by taking a "morning after pill" and someone says "no" and places the fetus' life above hers....I shake my head at their cruelty and lack of compassion; it smacks of the dark ages. "God take away our hearts of stone and give us hearts of flesh."
Agree. There is a level of hatefulness in the position of some of those people that is hard to fathom, as if they seek to punish the victim, especially if that victim is a woman. Most of the people with that hateful attitude are men of the far right, who remind me exactly of the idiots in the Taliban or Al Queda. When religion of any sort is taken to extreme it produces pure hate, ironically the very opposite of the "holy" love they claim to have for all mankind.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
And Hitler and abortion could be bestest friends.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,193,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. There is a level of hatefulness in the position of some of those people that is hard to fathom, as if they seek to punish the victim, especially if that victim is a woman. Most of the people with that hateful attitude are men of the far right, who remind me exactly of the idiots in the Taliban or Al Queda. When religion of any sort is taken to extreme it produces pure hate, ironically the very opposite of the "holy" love they claim to have for all mankind.
Hatred for what? You can't just call us hateful and stupid without explanation.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And Hitler and abortion could be bestest friends.
Now that is just being silly.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Now that is just being silly.
Really?

Raise your hand if you think the unborn is a mass of cells and not human.

Raise your hand if you agree that Hitler felt Jews were not human.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There is a decidedly hateful attitude that would force an 11 year old child to carry the biological result of a rape.....a degree of hatefulness which is unimaginable to me. It is a contradiction of all my religious upbringing and morality....if the little girl can be spared the 9 months of feeling the violation growing in her body....by taking a "morning after pill" and someone says "no" and places the fetus' life above hers....I shake my head at their cruelty and lack of compassion; it smacks of the dark ages. "God take away our hearts of stone and give us hearts of flesh."
Exactly I bet these people would feel differently if it were their own child.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM

With 40 million abortions since the decision. How many are due to rape and how many are due to inconvenience?

Old 12-29-2008, 02:17 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Since the pro choicers have abandoned all their weak arguments in favor of logic except the one about conception of a child produced from a rape, I would love to know real numbers and % of all abortions that were because the woman was raped. Probably not that high at all.

The truth is that pro choice people are just ignorant, selfish and violent since they believe in murder which is what an abortion is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies