Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
look at the date. why are you dredging up a 10 month old post?
These Stormfronters pop up every once in a while. It's a brand new ID. Won't be around long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
How do they support "Palestine"? Tax is collected form everyone in US and some of it is sent to Israel, not Palestine. I personally support Israel in spirit, but not blindly, since I know they are sometimes wrong.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Joe Biden is a politician who knows what interests he has to court in order to survive.
Joe Biden is a grandfather who knows that he needs to fight Jew-haters and Israel-haters in order for his JEWISH GRANDCHILDREN to survive.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM

Jojajn, haven't you learned anything from history? Things never go well for the side that tries to murder the Jews.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Jojajn, haven't you learned anything from history? Things never go well for the side that tries to murder the Jews.
And those who bless them are blessed, and those who curse them are cursed. It is a biblical truth.

Quote:
Genesis 12:1-3 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse
;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Old 12-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The state of Israel did not even exist at the time of the death camps, I believe "the holocaust justifies everything and anything" card has been overplayed.
WHAT THE HECK are you talkin' about???? Jews were fleeing Europe and Arab countries during WWII and going to Palestine, because they were being slaughtered, remember? To help you out a little, since you seem to have some trouble with your history, the Holocaust occurred during WWII. A safe homeland became an imperative.

There were some 600,000 Arabs living in Palestine at the time, and there were 800,000 Jewish refugees from ARAB COUNTRIES ALONE. Do you ever hear the world defending their rights?

There were thousands of Jews living in Palestine whose ancestors had been living there longer than any Palestinian ancestors. Jews have had a continuous presence in the land for millenia.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:00 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
WHAT THE HECK are you talkin' about???? Jews were fleeing Europe and Arab countries during WWII and going to Palestine, because they were being slaughtered, remember? To help you out a little, since you seem to have some trouble with your history, the Holocaust occurred during WWII. A safe homeland became an imperative.

There were some 600,000 Arabs living in Palestine at the time, and there were 800,000 Jewish refugees from ARAB COUNTRIES ALONE. Do you ever hear the world defending their rights?

There were thousands of Jews living in Palestine whose ancestors had been living there longer than any Palestinian ancestors. Jews have had a continuous presence in the land for millenia.
I'd like to clear up a few things here.

1. The problem isn't that Jews received a homeland. The problem lies in the fact that there was very little respectful planning on the part of the Jews because far too many moved to an area that didn't have the space for them. The other problem is they didn't respect the boundaries given to them by Britain in 1948 when both an Israel and a Palestine were created. It's not entirely their fault - much of the Middle East didn't agree with the mass pilgrimage which threatened their way of life, culture, homestead, etc.

Jews had been moving to this geographical area as early as the late 19th century, by the way. It's not to say that Jews didn't live here, but it is to say that Jews didn't move EN MASSE to the area until WWII.

Blame Britain, blame the Arabs, but don't not blame Jews just because they were being slaughtered in Germany.

2. One needs to forget the Old Testament. "Their ancestors were living there for a millenia." Tell that to the early Colonists. That sounds all good and well but it doesn't matter much. Do you plan on giving your land back to Native Americans? It was theirs, after all.

3. Just a question: why didn't Jews choose a smarter region to make their homeland? Russia, in the form of Alaska, was much-talked-about? Why not? Imagine how much safer the world be right now if they didn't choose a land that already had landowners.

I just wish they had done it less violently and less disrespectfully. My good friend was but a young boy in 1960, but Israeli forces forced him and his family out of his home in Palestine. When they simply asked if they could go back in to get their life savings, a gun was pointed in the small of his back and told that if he re-entered his house, he'd be shot.

There's no excuse for what Israel has been allowed to get away with, regardless of what they suffered in Germany, Poland, etc.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
2. One needs to forget the Old Testament. "Their ancestors were living there for a millenia." Tell that to the early Colonists. That sounds all good and well but it doesn't matter much. Do you plan on giving your land back to Native Americans? It was theirs, after all.

3. Just a question: why didn't Jews choose a smarter region to make their homeland? Russia, in the form of Alaska, was much-talked-about? Why not? Imagine how much safer the world be right now if they didn't choose a land that already had landowners.

I just wish they had done it less violently and less disrespectfully. My good friend was but a young boy in 1960, but Israeli forces forced him and his family out of his home in Palestine. When they simply asked if they could go back in to get their life savings, a gun was pointed in the small of his back and told that if he re-entered his house, he'd be shot.

There's no excuse for what Israel has been allowed to get away with, regardless of what they suffered in Germany, Poland, etc.
I guess they did it "violently" as you say, because the Arabs declared war on them!! Remember that? And when was the last time you were "respectful" to murderers? Also I'd like to clear up a few things -- Palestinians were not innocent. The Grand Mufti of Israel was good buddies with Hitler, and Hitler bought him his own apt. in Berlin. They conspired together to murder the Jews. How do you like them apples? So please, don't insult my intelligence by implying that Jews were violent and disrespectful to Palestinian Nazis.

Jews didn't choose Russia or Alaska because Russia and Alaska are not our homeland.

I'm SO glad you brought up the Native American angle. Thank you for that. I've always wondered why these leftist Jew-haters aren't running to the nearest reservation to hand over the deed to their house. After all, how dare they criticize Israel when they themselves are living on land that is NOT THEIRS? But no worries -- based on your example, we Jews just need to hang on another 100 years or so and then the world will accept that the land of Israel is ours, just as the world now accepts that the U.S. belongs to the Colonists.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
You don't even know what you're talking about. Have you bothered to learn about how the Arabs fight? They hide behind women and children ROUTINELY. That is their battle strategy. They shoot rockets into Israel from the rooftops of homes. If Israel had a policy of never fighting back when there might be a civilian casualty, then Israel would have been vanquished by now, because the Arabs ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use human shields.

Don't you find that disgusting? Morally reprehensible? And btw, Israel does not target civilians unless those civilians are terrorist leaders.
Nice. having survived Beirut in 1983 and gulf war 1 I think I have seen a bit of what you are talking about. The question is have you?
So we now consider the slaughter of civilians more often than not forced into acting as a shield acceptable?
Make no mistake I have nothing but disdain for the terrorist mentality. I have 0 respect for their tactics. But what makes Israel any better than their enemies? So the the rag heads lob mortars and rockets at civilian targets. Israel lobs hell fire and Tow missiles into homes they don't even know for sure is harboring bad guys. 500 lb bombs on housing developments? And of course we can't forget the use of those big M1A1's we give them and on civilian targets.
Spare me the lecture about the evils of the arabs. Research the evils of both sides in this conflict.
Planting bombs in civilian targets. Guess the King David Hotel doesn't count much does it? Israeli hero's did that one.
Both sides behave like lunatics.
Lebanon. Israel provoked a confrontation and got one. How many civilians died in that one?
Israel does not target civilians? Then why the high body counts?
I don't know what I am talking about? Been there done that have you?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
[SIZE=3]http://cgi.stanford.edu/group/wais/cgi-bin/?p=12689[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The KGB has long used terrorist[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]tactics and worked closely with organizations like Yasser Arafat’s[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]PLO.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A KGB officer, Vasili Fyodorovich Samoilenko, cultivated Arafat for a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]long time. A 1974 photograph shows them together at a wreath-laying[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]ceremony in Moscow; during this visit, the Soviets called the PLO “the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]sole legitimate representative of the Arab people of Palestine,” a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]controversial stance for that era that sealed their close alliance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]From then on, the KGB trained PLO guerrillas at its Balashikha[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]special-operations training school east of Moscow and provided most of[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]the weapons used in its attacks on Israeli targets. PLO intelligence[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]officers also attended one-year courses at the KGB’s Andropov[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Institute; some of them ended up being recruited by the KGB.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Soviet satellites did their share. During the late 1960s Arafat had[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]also been courted by the Cairo station chief of the Romanian foreign[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]intelligence service (DIE), Constantin Munteanu, who brought him to[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Bucharest. Arafat and Nicolai Ceausescu became good friends. Late in[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1972 Romanian intelligence formed an alliance with the PLO, according[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]to former KGB Colonel Oleg Gordievsky, who said the Romanians[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]“suppl[ied] it with blank passports, electronic surveillance[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]equipment, and weapons for its operations.” Ceausescu told acting head[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]of the DIE (and future defector) Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa: “Moscow is[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]helping the PLO build up its muscles. I am feeding its brains.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]According to Mr. Pacepa’s 1987 book, *Red Horizons*: “Arafat and his[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]KGB handlers were preparing a PLO commando team headed by Arafat’s top[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]deputy, Abu Jihad, to take American diplomats hostage in Khartoum,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Sudan.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]According to various sources, Ilyich Ram�rez S�nchez, better known as[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Carlos the Jackal, the most notorious terrorist in the 1970s and early[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1980s, was among those who attended Soviet and Cuban training camps.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]He lived for a time in East Germany.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
What the heck? First off if anyone thinks KGB agents are liberals they are drinking or smoking too much of something. Secondly how on earth does one equate KGB agents and Soviets with Liberals? Lastly there is apsolutely zero evidence that Liberals prefer the Palestine or Israel, erspecially since the Democrats have maintained the same policies toward the region that Repubs have. Jeeeez.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies