Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Out of curiosity, what was your favorite thing about Clinton?
I am not him, but for me it was balenced budgets. He was the first president to do so since the 1960s

Old 01-05-2009, 04:37 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Do you mean to tell me that the NYC transit tax was taken away from the Mayor and sent to Iraq? You need to lay off the booze...
No, but the cops program was cut and NYC had to spend money on law enforce that was previously federally allocated because the federal monies had been redistributed to Bush's cronies. As such along with other Republican cuts and unfunded mandates like no child left behind states and cities had to spend more money and often went into debt trying to met Republican federal fiats without proper support.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,751,344 times
Why do right wingers refuse to say democratic governors, democratic senators, democratic reps etc?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
No, but the cops program was cut and NYC had to spend money on law enforce that was previously federally allocated because the federal monies had been redistributed to Bush's cronies. As such along with other Republican cuts and unfunded mandates like no child left behind states and cities had to spend more money and often went into debt trying to met Republican federal fiats without proper support.
My point is,
Many of the states in question are states that have out of control welfare programs and have 1 or more sancuary cities that are paying out billions every year to pay for illegal aliens....but you can be sure they wont cut 1 penny in funding for this, but will slash the budgets of law enforcement and highway maitenance to cover the shortfall..

Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,326,158 times
NO. your point is, always has been, and always will be starting threads bashing liberals. your buddy arnold the governator of california (republican) ain't doin' so hot either, is he? and, I ain't been smoking or drinking anything today, as someone had accused someone else of doing, e.g, like a pers. attack thing.
but my point is, many states have budget crises, not just the one's with democratic governors either. so, to sum it up, maybe your thread should have read: states having financial crises or budget problems?
it wouldn't bother me one bit if obama bailed out states with democratic governors, and let the republican governors fend for themselves, which would give you more threads to start, like, obama turns back on republican governators!
Quote:
My point is,
Many of the states in question are states that have out of control welfare programs and have 1 or more sancuary cities that are paying out billions every year to pay for illegal aliens....but you can be sure they wont cut 1 penny in funding for this, but will slash the budgets of law enforcement and highway maitenance to cover the shortfall..

Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
NO. your point is, always has been, and always will be starting threads bashing liberals. your buddy arnold the governator of california (republican) ain't doin' so hot either, is he? and, I ain't been smoking or drinking anything today, as someone had accused someone else of doing, e.g, like a pers. attack thing.
but my point is, many states have budget crises, not just the one's with democratic governors either. so, to sum it up, maybe your thread should have read: states having financial crises or budget problems?
it wouldn't bother me one bit if obama bailed out states with democratic governors, and let the republican governors fend for themselves, which would give you more threads to start, like, obama turns back on republican governators!
My thread is a direct quote from the link I posted. Save your vitriol for your newly sainted Obama..your going to need it

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,326,158 times
See what I mean? personal attack, then go back to the same old shi*, slamming democrats. you could be called a sore loser.
Quote:
My thread is a direct quote from the link I posted. Save your vitriol(this is you: subject to bitter verbal abuse) for your newly sainted Obama..your going to need it

Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Not much cahnce of that lown getting past the senate .

Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
See what I mean? personal attack, then go back to the same old shi*, slamming democrats. you could be called a sore loser.
Telling you to save your vitriol for Obama is a personal attack? You need to get out more

Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Ok, since there are only like 3-4 post in the entire thread here that actually discuss the OP topic, then there is little reason to continue this thread any further
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies