Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:19 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nope. The original terrorists were the Arabs. They stole the land from the Jews, and kicked them out. The concept of "jihad" has always been integral to Arab Muslim culture. Hamas will not rest until Israel is destroyed. And the Iran and other insane Jihadist cultures will not rest until the West is destroyed. We're talking about insane people here.
So jews politely asked Palestinians to leave their homes and move to Gaza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 11:19 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
No mocking on my part but your discounting this carnage as not evil... No comments on my part
It is evil, which is why Hamas is evil. They don't give a damn about their people, which is why they can so easily sacrifice them. The only thing they care about is destroying Israel and, eventually, the West. They will lose, of course. But most of all, it's the Palestinian people who will lose.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:20 AM

998 posts, read 1,333,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The subject of this thread is why Muslim Jihadists will never accept any peace agreement with Israel. You can argue who had dibs on Palestine until the cows come home. The issue at hand is, Should we be wasting time and energy pretending that Hamas is serious about peace or ever will be, or should we be looking at other options that take a more practical approach to Israel's security?
Oh yeah as if Israel is serious about peace. Look it up and you will see that Israel will always initiate something whenever it looks like peace might break out. As for Israel's security? What??? A nation with all of the US's money n weapons behind it plus the illegally production of nuclear weapons...?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
So jews politely asked Palestinians to leave their homes and move to Gaza?
What has that got to do with anything? It's amazing how some people can just continue to deflect any historial or social realities, when it comes to Palestinian "guilt," and turn it back on the Jews.

Israel forcibly removed its own settlers from Gaza in order to give Gaza back to the Palestinians. That wasn't enough for Hamas. They want it all. And they want Israel destroyed and all Jews DEAD. What do you not understand about that? Why do you keep projecting a rational world view onto Hamas? They are not rational people. Any more than the 9/11 terrorists were rational. "Jihad" means to the end, to death. I don't know how it can be more clear.

Mo.. one has to look and understand the root of the problem before you can fix the problem.

Quote:
No, your little twisted version of events is "bull." Sorry, the Jews were there first. The "Middle East" was bulldozed by Muslim invaders (and religion had everything to do with it--it's absurd to claim otherwise). The beautiful culture of Persia has now become the twisted sickness of Iran, and Palestine was stolen from the Jews. The Jews have been kicked around by just about every government in existence in the West and Middle East for more than 2000 years. Palestine is THEIRS. They have merely taken back what was stolen from them by the Arabs a long time ago.

As for being "white": nonsense.
Sigh Look it up please... 90% plus plus of the current Israelis are not even semites! Palestine is not their home..Stolen by Arabs? I thought it was God who condemned them to walk the earth ?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Sigh Look it up please... 90% plus plus of the current Israelis are not even semites! Palestine is not their home..Stolen by Arabs? I thought it was God who condemned them to walk the earth ?
Sigh. YOU "look it up."

Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
And I don't understand why with Israel, people feel Jews deserve it as they were there first, yet when you look at the US, you don't see people clamering for non-Native Americans to give the land back to Native Americans, who were the first inhabitants.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
But examine the root cause from link I posted above: The forced expulsion of Palestinians from their homeland in 1948 resulted from the birth of the state of Israel and is a core injury at the heart of the dispute between Palestinians and Israelis. Acknowledgement and a just resolution of these injuries will be at the heart of any lasting peace between Palestinians and Israelis. The Palestinian refugee population is one of the largest in the world. There are now at least 6 million refugees, the oldest of whom have been waiting for more than 50 years to return home.

Conflict between Palestinians and Israelis stems from the conflicting claims of the two groups to the same territory. In light of post-WWII tensions in British controlled Palestine, the newborn United Nations passed Resolution 181 in 1947: a partition plan to divide the territory between Palestinian Arabs and Jewish immigrants. Palestinians resisted the partition plan, which assigned the smaller Jewish population a larger territory. This partition would eventually lead to the dispossession of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, an event is known as Al-Nakba or "the catastrophe." Palestinians argued that neither Roman era Jewish history nor the recent Nazi genocide against the Jews voided their rights as legal residents and landowners in Palestine.
During this time, Jewish terror groups intensified their attacks on Palestinian civilians and began driving them from their homes and villages. In 1948, Zionist leaders declared the new state of Israel and aggressively seized the offensive in guerrilla warfare against the Palestinians. Subsequent Israeli attacks on Palestinian towns and villages during this first Arab-Israeli War of 1948-49 served to expand the territory under Jewish control and drastically reduce the Palestinian population in its interior.
For example:

• Israeli forces committed at least 34 atrocities (i) , including the massacre at Deir Yasin, which killed 254 men, women, and children. (ii)
  • 750,000 Palestinians were expelled from their homes between 1947 and 1949. In addition, 13,000 Palestinians were killed, 418 Palestinian villages were completely depopulated, and half of all villages in Palestine were physically destroyed. (iii)
  • By 1949, only 150,000 of the pre-1947 Palestinian population remained in Israel. (iv) Two thirds of the refugees who fled Israel went to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. The remaining third scattered throughout Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and other parts of the world. (v)

"Palestinians argued that neither Roman era Jewish history nor the recent Nazi genocide against the Jews voided their rights as legal residents and landowners in Palestine."

I fail to see how the Palestinian's claim is better than anyone else's and the Jews were there before any of those Palestinians. If the Jews don't have a claim to Palestine, How can anyone else? The Jews were there three thousand years ago. If you reasoning is that since they involuntarily departed, they cannot return, How is the case of the Palestinian's different? Your argument is illogical.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
What has that got to do with anything? It's amazing how some people can just continue to deflect any historial or social realities, when it comes to Palestinian "guilt," and turn it back on the Jews.

Israel forcibly removed its own settlers from Gaza in order to give Gaza back to the Palestinians. That wasn't enough for Hamas. They want it all. And they want Israel destroyed and all Jews DEAD. What do you not understand about that? Why do you keep projecting a rational world view onto Hamas? They are not rational people. Any more than the 9/11 terrorists were rational. "Jihad" means to the end, to death. I don't know how it can be more clear.
My God! From under what rock did you crawl out from? Firstly you don't even know what jihad actually mean. I'm sorry but why do i have this mental picture of a white woman holding her bible tightly and looking at every non-whites suspiciously, muttering under her breath as she walks past 2 indians maybe arab girls wearing scarfs. Blame it on too much cliche television shows that my country buys from the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies