Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
Yeah maybe. More often it's people speaking to set themselves apart and give them some sort of feeling of righteousness, etc.

It's like Clinton talking big about minorities but sending his own daughter to the most private of all schools and then buying a house in Chappaqua, NY.

I respect people who walk the walk, but too often liberals take their positions solely to make themselvs "feel" superior, because they usually don't walk the walk when it comes to themselves acting on what they recommend for everyone else.

Liberalism is basically "white vs. white" war. It has nothing to do with actually wanting to be around gays or minorities. It's white v. white status striving. One-half of the white population is constantly developing new ideological positions to solely to distinguish itself from the more traditional half of the white population, and make themselves "feel" superior.

I would agree in the "principle" theory if the vast majority of liberals actually lived up to the principles they purport.
That's all your subjective opinion, of course, and I would respect it more if you didn't cast all "liberals" as being the same. I doubt you think that all conservatives think alike.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM

36 posts, read 20,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The white music/culture isn't much better if at all.
Yeah it is. I've read about some fast-food franchise owners who have resorted to blasting classical music as a sort of gang-banger repellent.

And it works apparently.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Yeah it is. I've read about some fast-food franchise owners who have resorted to blasting classical music as a sort of gang-banger repellent.

And it works apparently.

Whether one culture/music is better or not is mere opinion. I personally like Japanese culture and Norwegian symphonic rock, but I'm not going to say it's better than anything else.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Yeah, I think I've read about that too, but they're blasting it outside, right? I would love to go to a fast-food restaurant that played classical music inside. That would be so nice!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Whether one culture/music is better or not is mere opinion. I personally like Japanese culture and Norwegian symphonic rock, but I'm not going to say it's better than anything else.
Who taught you that?

Sure you can say it. Japan has a far more advanced and "better" society as a whole than do indigenous Malays. It's easy to document.

It's easy to determine that the string section or brass is more highly developed and better than a goatskin stretched over a log. The timpani are better than a goatskin drum, and it's easy and clear to say so.

Come one, please. Don't be a relativist. It's not evil or Western-centric to admit that Japan is better than most countries in the world, as are places like USA, Europe, etc.

It's just the way things are, and one can easily say so.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
its kinda fun dealing with some boneheads huh? good post again.
these guys are cartoonish examples of the conservatives. luckily they are in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What? You think your mom and dad never did a little oral? Or was it strictly christian missionary position?
Because you see -- imagining any parent having sex is pretty much gross. I don't want to think of my parents doing anything more then holding hands.....but since they did have five kids it is fair to assume that they did much more, at least five times
The point is....what sicko is thinking about the kind of sex his/her parents are having? Trust, if you are doing this your problems go much, much farther then having gay parents.

Now as to god/nature disliking homosexuality. Well, we can pick and choose among the old testament (christians tend to like to do that....why did christs death mean we can eat shellfish, yet the ban on gays remain for instance?) but in the end GOD IS IRRELEVENT TO THE QUESTION OF HOMOSEXUALS GAINING THE RIGHT TO WED IN A CIVIL SETTING. Did you get that? Because while there may be a strong christian history in this country we are not a christian theocracy.
As to nature....well, my third dd should not have been born according to nature -- we tend to pick and choose among those situations as well, don't we?

Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:

And it works apparently.
I think you missed the point or I did articulate it well. The music isn't the leader but a by product. Another perpetual problem. As the violence grows the music reflects it and in a way thrives on it. The biggest thing in the past decade or so has been "get money". While that's a noble cause the real idea being promoted was "get money whatever way possible if not your aren't much of anything in this life". Maybe not in those exact words but again it's just the point....

It's really hard to argue that's it's not an influence when you even have stars "strapped" with illegal arms because of how cool it is. Drugs run rampant through all cultures as it's been said before it has no prejudices. They just play different roles in different societies.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its kinda fun dealing with some boneheads huh? good post again.
these guys are cartoonish examples of the conservatives. luckily they are in the minority.
Bonehead? Listen retard, almost every single kid in America has walked in on his parents having sex at least once by accident. Now try to imagine that kid seeing two homos in action.

It's totally different in every possible analysis. One is normal, the other depraved and sick. One created the child, the other is degenerate on any level.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,712,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
No, I said you have to look at percentages and according to your own post its 25% black and 8% white. And I don't follow your logic in regards to the second bolded text.
Wow. Ok, I'll try one more time.

You say that it's poverty that causes numbers like this, right?

So let's look at poverty...yes, there is a larger percentage of blacks in poverty than whites, when you look at those respective populations. You have 25% of blacks in poverty, which works out to about 10,000,000 people. With whites, you have 8%, which works out to 20,000,000 (whatever my numbers showed earlier, I don't remember exactly).

So we have 20,000,000 whites in the poverty category, which you say puts them at risk, and only 10,000,000 blacks. Remember that.

Ok, so let's look at the other number...70% of whichever STD it was is blacks. We're no longer talking about % of a particular subset of the population...we're looking at overall cases.

So we have 10,000,000 blacks that are in a high risk category for STDs...and 20,000,000 whites. Yet we still see 70% of cases being black...so blacks have half the number at risk and 70% of the cases. In ohter words it IS NOT the poverty that is causing it. If poverty was the main factor, you should see twice as many white cases than you do black. But you don't.

If poverty is the determining factor and more whites are poor than blacks, why do we still see numbers like this?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Bonehead? Listen retard, almost every single kid in America has walked in on his parents having sex at least once by accident. Now try to imagine that kid seeing two homos in action.

It's totally different in every possible analysis. One is normal, the other depraved and sick. One created the child, the other is degenerate on any level.
It's only "depraved and sick" if you're brought up to believe that. Walking in on my dad with my mom would scar me no more than walking in on my dad with another male.

And I never walked in on my parents having sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies