Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times

Advertisements

Reported on CNN.com today:
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Limbaugh didn't say, "I want liberalism to fail." He said, "I want Obama to fail."

He also seems to think that if the Feds own any portion of a private company, that the Feds are "in charge" of that company. That's not how minority stock ownership works, as best I recall.

With this tirade, Limbaugh has carried himself into the conservative "lunatic fringe," in the words of Spiro Agnew. Turn off the radio and keep it off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
I do, too.

we know what obama's agenda is. I think, for the good of the country, we'd be better off if he failed and a better president got in office in 4 years to clean it up.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Yes kdbrich, I too hope to be living in a box for the next several years so that I can live out your idealogical fantasy. It will be like a utopia!!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yes kdbrich, I too hope to be living in a box for the next several years. It will be like a utopia!!!!
But it's going to be a nice box! I can feel the CHANGE a-coming!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I expect many of our problems, economic, social and international, to be well on the way to a peaceable solution in three years.

Wanting Obama to fail is like wanting Bush to fail. Neither is or was good for our country. Limbaugh is just striving for relevancy,ratings and even more money.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Default Rush Limbaugh un-American for rooting President Obama's failure ??????

I think this merits some serious consideration...If you are a true American why would you wish for the POTUS to fail??? I certainly hope Rush is just saying this to garner attention....

Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Reported on CNN.com today:
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Limbaugh didn't say, "I want liberalism to fail." He said, "I want Obama to fail."

He also seems to think that if the Feds own any portion of a private company, that the Feds are "in charge" of that company. That's not how minority stock ownership works, as best I recall.

With this tirade, Limbaugh has carried himself into the conservative "lunatic fringe," in the words of Spiro Agnew. Turn off the radio and keep it off!
And yet people who listen to Limbaugh consider themselves "Patriots" and "real Americans". I am NOT an Obama supporter (can't support anyone who wont openly say that they are against the wars on Drugs, Prostitution, Cuba, Terrorism AND Iraq, and are for military research, more open trade, fewer restrictions on business and many more restrictions on frivolous lawsuits.) but I want him to succeed in making this country a better place. I didn't like Bush either, but I went to the 2000 inaguration and wanted to see him succeed. A true patriot wants his nation to progress and prosper, not to fail when the path is not exactly what you want. It'd be one thing if Obama wanted to invade Mexico and exterminate Mestizo people, but he wants to create a "great society" like LBJ. I will support him until 2012, when I am able to waste another vote on a Libertarian or Libertarian-leaning Republican.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I expect many of our problems, economic, social and international, to be well on the way to a peaceable solution in three years.

Wanting Obama to fail is like wanting Bush to fail. Neither is or was good for our country. Limbaugh is just striving for relevancy,ratings and even more money.

Limbaugh is apparently incapable of understanding the difference between short-term and long-term. Either that or he's exactly what the NeoConfused are so quick to accuse anyone who dare criticize Bush of being: Anti-American

Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Being in opposition to whichever party is in power is as old as the USA, nothing wrong with it at all.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
That's funny.

While flipping through the channels last night, I saw an interview with Rush in which he said that he wishes for the overall success of President Obama. He also said that Obama is now OUR president and that if Obama fails, America fails.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies