Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm in MI. We have a 10.6% unemployment rate and lots of poor white males who could use a job. And don't let the light pigmentation fool ya, they'll spend the money too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The largest numbers of union members lived in California (2.5 million) and
New York (2.1 million). Nearly half (7.8 million) of the 15.7 million union
members in the U.S. lived in 6 states (California, 2.5 million; New York,
2.1 million; Illinois, 0.8 million; Michigan, 0.8 million; Pennsylvania,
0.8 million; and New Jersey, 0.7 million) though these states accounted for
only about one-third of wage and salary employment nationally.

Among the five states reporting union membership rates below 5.0 percent
in 2007, North Carolina posted the lowest rate (3.0 percent). The next low-
est rates were recorded in Virginia (3.7 percent), South Carolina (4.1 per-
cent), Georgia (4.4 percent), and Texas (4.7 percent). Four states had union
membership rates over 20.0 percent in 2007--New York (25.2 percent), Alaska
(23.8 percent), Hawaii (23.4 percent), and Washington (20.2 percent).

Of course you know em all.... Seems like the tolerant North has all the unions... The racist south just hires whos best for the job...
You still haven't addressed my comment. WHICH UNIONS?????? We are speaking of CONSTRUCTION.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Not everyone in construction is in a Union ... some of started with nothing more than a hammer and truck and a desire to do better, learned on our own, took training on our own and paid for our own professional license and sacrifices every step of the way to success.

Gee isn't that the American way the left keeps trying to kill? Punish success and give jobs to unqualified people because it's FAIR!
Yeah, that's what I said when you doofuses elected GW Bush to office and he padded the bureaucracy with idiots, doofuses, criminals and ideologues.............He was great at giving jobs to unqualified people. What a great American he was........

Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What the h*ll are you talking about ANYONE can join the UNION!
Nope, got a sign right out front that says "WHITE MALES ONLY". If you get past the sign, they'll give you a racially biased test that only white males can pass.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nope, got a sign right out front that says "WHITE MALES ONLY". If you get past the sign, they'll give you a racially biased test that only white males can pass.
I don't think you folks really know what goes on.................hence your uninformed and humorous posts..........

Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah, that's what I said when you doofuses elected GW Bush to office and he padded the bureaucracy with idiots, doofuses, criminals and ideologues.............He was great at giving jobs to unqualified people. What a great American he was........
You have a lot of pent up anger don't you. Will since qualification are moot, go build me a bridge. Make sure it will support 85 ton and withstand 100 mph lateral winds. Oh don't forget expansion and contraction parameters for heat, freeze and thaw Let me know when your finished ... we'll test it.

Nothing to fancy, a 2 lane will be fine.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Behold, the legacy of the Obama team: Crumbling bridges and infra-structure.
And promoting division amongst the people he governs.
You ninny.......Obama has been president for three days. I guess he's not working fast enough for you..........

Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You have a lot of pent up anger don't you. Will since qualification are moot, go build me a bridge. Make sure it will support 85 ton and withstand 100 mph lateral winds. Oh don't forget expansion and contraction parameters for heat, freeze and thaw Let me know when your finished ... we'll test it.

Yeah, I do have pent-up anger. I'm mad at intolerant and racist people. Know any?

You kick me the right money, I will build the best bridges on Earth.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah, I do have pent-up anger. I'm mad at intolerant and racist people. Know any?
Just one, Sunil's Dad.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies