Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I am impressed by the manufactured rage over Obama during the past week and the dramatic prophesies that have been posted over and over again.

I have to ask those who are so quick to judge; what if Obama manages to reverse the economy in the next couple of years? What if Obama keeps us safe during his term? And what if Obama increases your personal freedoms with regards to gun ownership or government surveilence?

If he does so without raising your taxes and without invading your privacy will you vote for his re-election in 2012 or would you vote against him based on party line ideology?
If he were to increase personal freedoms, hand out free guns, cut unemployment to zero, balance the budget, and give us all a free everlasting gobstoppers I could still not vote for him as long as he supports and funds abortion.

I realize it is legal. If a woman chooses to do so, she should at least recognize that she is taking a life. Secondly, she better damn well pay for it herself. It is not a medical procedure. The only exception I could see is if somebody was raped and could not otherwise afford it. Short of that, the government has as much business in the abortion business as it does in the medical marijuana business.

In fairness, while I could not vote for him, assuming he did do all those other fantastic things, I might not vote against him, which is the best I can do without compromising my ideals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,518,523 times
Quote:
I am impressed by the manufactured rage over Obama during the past week and the dramatic prophesies that have been posted over and over again.

I have to ask those who are so quick to judge; what if Obama manages to reverse the economy in the next couple of years? What if Obama keeps us safe during his term? And what if Obama increases your personal freedoms with regards to gun ownership or government surveilence?

If he does so without raising your taxes and without invading your privacy will you vote for his re-election in 2012 or would you vote against him based on party line ideology?
If he does well, I will love the man. Obama is not the problem. Some of his bigoted minions are the problem (not talking about you, everyone knows who they are!)

Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:

So far he appears to be following in Clinton's footsteps, but it's awful early to try to gage what will come to be over the next two years. Just think for a minute how different GWB's presidency would have been without 9/11. What happens early on may have little bearing on the big picture later on. I'm guessing he'll end up being something of a Carter/Clinton hybrid without the executive experience making a number of catastrophic blunders that cause America to collectively ask themselves what we could have possibly been thinking about. But, if it brings about a second Republican Revolution, it could possibly all be worth it in the end. On a personal level, I just don't trust him. He has a face for every occasion. He attends Christian church services regularly and will likely go down in history as the abortion president. So which is it?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:09 AM

22 posts, read 23,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
They'll still find a reason to hate him. Hateful people always find a reason to hate, whether they're on the left or right.

This is not about hate...it is about who is right for our country or who is not.

Yes some hate...but I don't hate Obama I just hate his views!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:14 AM

22 posts, read 23,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So far he appears to be following in Clinton's footsteps, but it's awful early to try to gage what will come to be over the next two years. Just think for a minute how different GWB's presidency would have been without 9/11. What happens early on may have little bearing on the big picture later on. I'm guessing he'll end up being something of a Carter/Clinton hybrid without the executive experience making a number of catastrophic blunders that cause America to collectively ask themselves what we could have possibly been thinking about. But, if it brings about a second Republican Revolution, it could possibly all be worth it in the end. On a personal level, I just don't trust him. He has a face for every occasion. He attends Christian church services regularly and will likely go down in history as the abortion president. So which is it?

Wow I wish more people on this sight were like you! You said it all!

He claims to be something he is not, he has very little experience, and some of the firth things he did in office were sign for our tax money to go towards abortion in foreign countries, and realese terrorist into our back yards (hopefully you know what I mean by "back yards" b/c some on here did not).

He will not change this world and I will put none of my trust in him! Plain and simple!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default What if Obama is successful?

I hope he is, If so he will go down in history as a great President, he has a tough job ahead of him. Although I don't see how his stimulus package can turn things around I wont bash him because I'm sure he has plenty of advisors who know more than myself.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:58 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongrl View Post
Wow I wish more people on this sight were like you! You said it all!

He claims to be something he is not, he has very little experience, and some of the firth things he did in office were sign for our tax money to go towards abortion in foreign countries, and realese terrorist into our back yards (hopefully you know what I mean by "back yards" b/c some on here did not).

He will not change this world and I will put none of my trust in him! Plain and simple!

Oh, NO!

Please put your trust in Obama! He can't make it without you!

Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
I hope Obama will be succesful in not pushing his campaign promisses forward but the ones McCain had...I agree with Rush and Obama will be succesful proving he is a weak loser.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I hope Obama will be succesful in not pushing his campaign promisses forward but the ones McCain had...I agree with Rush and Obama will be succesful proving he is a weak loser.
Well who could possibly dispute you and Rush?

After all, the two of you have a long record of being right on everything political. Do you recall being a big Hillary backer a few months ago? And all the nasty things Obama had done that would keep him from winning the nomination? How you and Rush said that Operation Chaos would give the nomination to Hill? Remember how you said that all those terrible scandals Obama was invloved in would send McCain on to victory? You know - the nasty things his former preacher said. And the rotten financial deals one of his former supporters was involved in.

And now, heck - he can't even decide what kind of a dog to get for his little girls! What kind of a president is that?

No sir...

I'm not gonna say a thing to contradict your (and Limbaugh's) bold talk. I know political genius when I see it.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pretty skimpy...
lol, what now? It's taken verbatim from their website...they support making the AWB permanent. What's to dispute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies