Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,886,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Recession...Depression if it were left to Conservatives.
Please explain in your own words the difference between the two.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,068,272 times
Any one dare to venture the total number of college credits in economics by the posters in the thread thus far?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM

It is true that we aren't experts like those who came up with the past bailouts...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:31 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Is more money the solution?

Is the government buying ownership of industry and banking the solution?

Sorry there is little to this plan except hope..." hope it works "

NEITHER party can solve this problem,it is only going to get worse.

Spending another trillion dollars will simply make us another trillion in the hole.
How many times must I say it..No solutions from you!! LOL..How easy it is to complain huh..I can't wait for this plan to work..It's not designed to work on March 1, 2009. It's designed as an investment in our future as a nation. I understand conservatives don't comprehend the word future. I don't care what the government buys or owns as long as it works. We are in unchartered waters and only Obama has put his neck out with a solution. You conservative fear jockeys just keep whining. People called MLK crazy and said his "ideas" wouldn't work but we see how that turned out on 11/4/2008.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Any one dare to venture the total number of college credits in economics by the posters in the thread thus far?
I earned 133 for my BS and 39 for my MS..Very few economics courses I might add but I have something economic courses don't supply you with and that's common sense. If you do nothing things will get worst. If you implement Obama's proposal, things might get better or they might get worst. Common sense tells me to go with 50% chance instead of the 0% chance of improvement.

Furthermore, I'm sure those who designed Obama's plan have more Economic experience than you or anybody else on this board.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 AM

The experts also believe the last bailout would work....

Ever thought the actual system is the problem?

A depression is here,it will get worse....better to not throw money at it that we do not have....

Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The experts also believe the last bailout would work....

Ever thought the actual system is the problem?

A depression is here,it will get worse....better to not throw money at it that we do not have....
Those were Bush's experts..Paulson and that bunch of goons. Also, much of that money has not beem appropriated yet so the jury is still out. A bailout is like a life raft not a new boat. It's designed to help the system limp along as the system settles. No raft and we all drown. We get a raft and some might make it. I'm willing to take my chances with the raft. I know conservatives are all doom and gloom by nature but you all are getting radical

Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 AM

LOL....if it helps you believe that Obama's experts know better...even though that simply want to do the same thing just more of it.

An interesting read....

Bad news: we're back to 1931. Good news: it's not 1933 yet - Telegraph

Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,735,192 times
Quote:
LOL....if it helps you believe that Obama's experts know better...even though that simply want to do the same thing just more of it.

An interesting read....

Bad news: we're back to 1931. Good news: it's not 1933 yet - Telegraph
The problem is no matter what Obama wants to do the Obama followers will accept with no questioning and if you do question his ideas the typical responses are something along the lines of (in the world of CD):
"SORE LOSER!!! YOU LOST!!!!!!!!!!"
or
"Bush spent billions on a war and nobody complained but now it matters?"

Got to love America.
It's not about whats right or what makes sense it's about blindly accepting what Obama does.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM

Well...to be fair followers of BOTH parties tend to do that.

It is just the Obama followers are doing it now and doing it with such abandon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies