Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:31 PM

172 posts, read 279,036 times

Advertisements

Movingbackwards.... Just for fun....

ME:

I'm going to have a field day in this forum when the stimulus package fails to do little if anything positive.

Nowhere in this statement do I say. I hope it fails, or that I hate America or that I hate OBAMA.

But.....

Here's your response:

Of course you are. In fact, like many others on this forum, your hatred for Obama overrides your love for your country. You WANT him to fail. You WANT the stimulus package to fail. You WANT American people to suffer. So you can "have a field day" and hate on Obama, with the other hateful malcontents that populate this forum.

What's funny is that you conclude from "fails to do little if anything positive.", that I hate Obama, and you instantly lump me in with other groups I don't indentify with. Those are some childish accusation's you make there. Irrational describes your response well.

Another response (me).

Now you crossed a line you shouldn't have crossed. My hatred for Obama? I voted for Obama and have said numerous times we need him to succeed (bad policy aside here). Don't you EVER question my love for my country.... I have been serving in the United States Armed Forces for the past 18 years of my life and have an impeccable military service record loaded with awards of exemplary service. I have sacrificed more for this great country than what most American's are able to comprehend and have more than EARNED my right to be critical.

Your response:

I've "crossed a line"? I don't think so.

Not when you state that you're going to have a good time making fun of Obama when he fails

Where did I say I was going to have a good time making fun of Obama again?

Again here's what I said:

"I'm going to have a field day in this forum when the stimulus package fails to do little if anything positive."

Where in that statement do I say I'm going to have a good time making fun of Obama when he fails???

It doesn't take a genius to see that you have clearly misquoted (more than once) me and it's as clear as day to anyone who reads this. Go ahead and keep responding. I don't have to wait and see if the stimulus works or not. I'm having a field day with you right now.

Proof that you have poor reading comprehension skills....

Just for fun and for a little added entertainment.

In the responses where I bring up my status as an active duty member of the armed forces. Active which means still serving not served as in the past.... You've responded....

Because you were in the military

Where did I say I ever retired or separated?

Here's one more for you...

Having served in the military

Again served as in past tense. Where did I say that I ever retired or separated?

You need to think more before you type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Boo friggin' hoo.

I'm not in the top 1% and I pay 33%/annum in federal taxes. Which cuts into my standard of living considerably more than it cuts into the standard of living for people in the top 1%. You don't hear me whining about it. They can buck up, pay their share, and shut up.
Hey genius, what makes you think that the top 1% pays less than 33% per annum?

Old 01-31-2009, 01:05 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
Movingbackwards.... Just for fun....

ME:

I'm going to have a field day in this forum when the stimulus package fails to do little if anything positive.

Nowhere in this statement do I say. I hope it fails, or that I hate America or that I hate OBAMA.

But.....

Here's your response:

Of course you are. In fact, like many others on this forum, your hatred for Obama overrides your love for your country. You WANT him to fail. You WANT the stimulus package to fail. You WANT American people to suffer. So you can "have a field day" and hate on Obama, with the other hateful malcontents that populate this forum.

What's funny is that you conclude from "fails to do little if anything positive.", that I hate Obama, and you instantly lump me in with other groups I don't indentify with. Those are some childish accusation's you make there. Irrational describes your response well.

Another response (me).

Now you crossed a line you shouldn't have crossed. My hatred for Obama? I voted for Obama and have said numerous times we need him to succeed (bad policy aside here). Don't you EVER question my love for my country.... I have been serving in the United States Armed Forces for the past 18 years of my life and have an impeccable military service record loaded with awards of exemplary service. I have sacrificed more for this great country than what most American's are able to comprehend and have more than EARNED my right to be critical.

Your response:

I've "crossed a line"? I don't think so.

Not when you state that you're going to have a good time making fun of Obama when he fails

Where did I say I was going to have a good time making fun of Obama again?

Again here's what I said:

"I'm going to have a field day in this forum when the stimulus package fails to do little if anything positive."

Where in that statement do I say I'm going to have a good time making fun of Obama when he fails???

It doesn't take a genius to see that you have clearly misquoted (more than once) me and it's as clear as day to anyone who reads this. Go ahead and keep responding. I don't have to wait and see if the stimulus works or not. I'm having a field day with you right now.

Proof that you have poor reading comprehension skills....

Just for fun and for a little added entertainment.

In the responses where I bring up my status as an active duty member of the armed forces. Active which means still serving not served as in the past.... You've responded....

Because you were in the military

Where did I say I ever retired or separated?

Here's one more for you...

Having served in the military

Again served as in past tense. Where did I say that I ever retired or separated?

You need to think more before you type.
It's not a question of reading comprehension. It's a question of understanding the meaning of the language you speak. To "have a field day" means to have fun with. You stated that if the stimulus package fails, you will "have a field day." Who has "a field day" when the news arrives that the effort to save the nation fails?

Let it go, for chrissake.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 AM

172 posts, read 279,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
It's not a question of reading comprehension. It's a question of understanding the meaning of the language you speak. To "have a field day" means to have fun with. You stated that if the stimulus package fails, you will "have a field day." Who has "a field day" when the news arrives that the effort to save the nation fails?

Let it go, for chrissake.
Yep as in to have fun with this FORUM. In no way does that imply that I hate Obama or that I wish him to fail. I didn't even say if the stimulus package fails. I said if it "fails to do little if anything positive". This means that I'm questioning HOW MUCH, or HOW WELL it will work. It also implies that it will have atleast some impact on the economy. Normally when people read too much into things some one says or writes they are smart enough to ask question's like: What did you mean by that? Not you though you just ignorantly spout off things like:

Written by you,

You silly psychotic finatic you.

It's absolutely a question of your reading comprehension, and what's really funny is that you're still misquoting me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies