Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

They are wasteful, they love over consumption,

That's not republican. That's American.

and they dont care about the climate.

Well, that's not true. I know lots of Republicans who carry bags to the grocery store, recycle, reuse items, etc.

Furthermore, their extreme concern only for themselves puts others at risk, as they have no concern for the welfare of other people, only themselves.

Wow. It's funny you bring this up. B/c it is the liberal pro-legalization of drug agenda that makes me feel the same way. Yeah, do all the drugs you want - who cares about who you hurt?
In fact, liberals are usually all about promoting individual rights even to the point of endangering others.

Hummers, the ugly, inefficient and pretentious monsters that you see being driven by rich and wasteful people

I really can't argue with that. But there are lots of big SUVs and cars out there that take up space and waste gas. Why aren't you harping on the sports car drivers who only get 11 miles to the gallon?

Pretentious? LOL! Try those democrat-creating ivory tower factories we like to call universities.

Gimme a break. We can stereotype whatever we want all day long. Some will be true, others won't. But who really cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Seems a rather expensive way to overcompensate for having a small penis.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
Quote:
Then whats with the big rims on black people's cars and their affinity to large luxurious SUVs?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
definitely hard right behavior. yep hummers big trucks and SUV, the pig cars. marlboro men (and women who wana be men) with high heeled cowboys boots running through the malls wtih a fist full of credit cards.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Obviously, you know nothing about Hummers, or who owns Hummers. For there are MANY, MANY Women who own and drive Hummers - and the last I checked, women don't have penis's! LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Obviously, you know nothing about Hummers, or who owns Hummers. For there are MANY, MANY Women who own and drive Hummers - and the last I checked, women don't have penis's! LOLOLOLOLOL
You just proved his point

Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Silly stereotype.

I live in Palm Springs, a mostly liberal city with a high gay population. I have a Hummer H3, and even I'm amazed by the number of Hummers I see around town. And these aren't exceptions to the rule. When I walked around my neighborhood during Primary Season last year, I saw lots of "Hillary Clinton for President" signs, one or two for Obama, and none for any Republican candidates.

It's proof that liberals and Democrats (like me) are happy to drive Hummers.

Also, Palm Springs is not liberal in a big-city way, where I feel like there's usually a more rigid way of thinking. Here - it's more live-and-let-live liberalism.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM

898 posts, read 1,403,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Silly stereotype.

I live in Palm Springs, a mostly liberal city with a high gay population. I have a Hummer H3, and even I'm amazed by the number of Hummers I see around town. And these aren't exceptions to the rule. When I walked around my neighborhood during Primary Season last year, I saw lots of "Hillary Clinton for President" signs, one or two for Obama, and none for any Republican candidates.

It's proof that liberals and Democrats (like me) are happy to drive Hummers.

Also, Palm Springs is not liberal in a big-city way, where I feel like there's usually a more rigid way of thinking. Here - it's more live-and-let-live liberalism.
I'd like to know how a simple tool, like an automobile, somehow says things about us psychologically. Last I checked, America was the land of the free, and that includes driving the vehicle we want, so long as we can afford it.

For some, that's a Prius, others a Hummer, for me, it's a 12 year old pickup truck, but I never condemn another person based on what they drive. Everyone has different tastes, and as long as their kids aren't going hungry to put gas in the tank, who cares?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
I'd like to know how a simple tool, like an automobile, somehow says things about us psychologically. Last I checked, America was the land of the free, and that includes driving the vehicle we want, so long as we can afford it.

For some, that's a Prius, others a Hummer, for me, it's a 12 year old pickup truck, but I never condemn another person based on what they drive. Everyone has different tastes, and as long as their kids aren't going hungry to put gas in the tank, who cares?
I have no idea if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

The type of automobile you drive does say something about you if you want it to. Many people have an identity or persona that is associated with their cars, to a certain extent.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
People drive Hummers because they can afford to.....not because they vote a certain way.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies